Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Minnesota Restaurant Posts ‘Muslims Get Out’ Sign
A Minnesota restaurant owner upset over what happened in St. Cloud posted a controversial sign Monday morning.

The sign outside Treats Family Restaurant in Lonsdale, Minnesota, reads “Muslims Get Out.” A second line reads “In Support Of St. Cloud.”

Owner Dan Ruedinger says the sign has led to some backlash, but he says business is up so much that he had to call in three extra workers Monday

Some locals like it... some don't. He has a right just like anyone else. Obviously many support his message.
Sounds like he's proud of being a jerk.

Nazi Germany was proud of signs similar to this also.

Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 01:23 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Somewhere a small violin is playing.

50+ Muslim countries don't even allow Gay Pride Parades. Keep the Muslim bigots out.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
There is no such thing. They might be innocent, but behind closed doors, they applaud the attacks on the USA. Read the koran and understand one thing if you fail to understand anything else about Islam. "It cannot co-exists with other factions of society, religion etc" To do so is living in sin. Yeah, sure they might not all grab bombs and blow people up, but they support those that do. And their ideology does not allow them to be tolerant of others. WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND!!! Read about France and so on. Anywhere they go, once they hit about 10% of the population, all hell breaks loose!!!
And you know this because you live in a Muslim household?

The US is not France, and the Muslims in the US are by and large very assimilated into American life. They are not shunned, isolated and unemployed as in France. At least not unless Trump was in charge. Then we most likely would see terrorist attacks like France as our new policies would simply reinforce everything ISIS says about westerners.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
That's not right. He's targeting many Americans with that sign, not just radical Islamist's.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
There is no such thing. They might be innocent, but behind closed doors, they applaud the attacks on the USA. Read the koran and understand one thing if you fail to understand anything else about Islam. "It cannot co-exists with other factions of society, religion etc" To do so is living in sin. Yeah, sure they might not all grab bombs and blow people up, but they support those that do. And their ideology does not allow them to be tolerant of others. WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND!!! Read about France and so on. Anywhere they go, once they hit about 10% of the population, all hell breaks loose!!!
Yes all those thousands of Muslim policemen and soldiers applaud attacks on the US, makes sense.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Wonder if would deliver to me in CLT? Would like to patronize his establishment.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:28 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Would you also support a restaurant that put up a Jews get out sign. This is nothing but a racist childish reaction.

Doesn't look like Lonsdale, MN has much of a Muslim community so this restaurant protest won't impact them but let's see if the community protests with their feet.
I guess I could go by there and take a photo of the line

Old 09-20-2016, 01:36 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And you know this because you live in a Muslim household?

The US is not France, and the Muslims in the US are by and large very assimilated into American life. They are not shunned, isolated and unemployed as in France. At least not unless Trump was in charge. Then we most likely would see terrorist attacks like France as our new policies would simply reinforce everything ISIS says about westerners.
Yeah like the most tecent terrorist seemed very assimilated. He hated America, like the other muslim terrorists. Countries like France and Belgium have been very accepting of muslims and condemned US actions in the ME. That have gotten nothing but more terror for their trouble.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Me thinks this guy might have a fire sale soon, everything must go, 75% off..

Old 09-20-2016, 01:47 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't believe I addressed anything about service.

You responded to my post, but didn't respond to my inquiry. Any opinion on what I brought up?
So tell me... more of these attacks are occurring by people claiming to be of this particular religion. How do regular people get some sense of control here? Or are we just sitting ducks until the next attack?

are you Muslim?

Those are your questions:
1. I am not Muslim -
2- there is much being done to avert attacks by all types of agencies LEOS military etc. you think all just sitting and complaining or writing signs-
there is a force there - problem is most can't seem to see it or get involved enough or to get educated about it.

https://mic.com/articles/58697/how-m...day#.FLhIyF5om
Those diffuse threats translate into literally thousands of tips about terrorism threats every day. In 2010, the FBI’s online tip line alone received an average of 700 messages a day. Then there are the tips from people calling in to local authorities, walking into embassies to make a report, and, of course, the “chatter” we’ve been hearing about in announcements about the weekend’s embassy closings. All told, the National Counterterrorism Center gets about 8,000-10,000 potential threats a day.

Snipers opened fire on an electrical substation supporting the power grid in April, 2013, near Silicon Valley, California. Substations are critical links in the power grid which make it possible for electricity to move long distances. It took utility workers 27 days to make repairs and successfully reactivate the substation. The threat to America’s power supply from a cyber attack increases every day,” Republican Rep. Lamar Smith, chairman of the House Science

Where is the hang up ? It is not the dedicated men and women having their ear to the ground and finger on the pulse-daily BUT: actions such as these-

Officials blast federal proposal to slash $90M from NYC’s anti-terror funding

GOP Busted On Benghazi: Voted For MASSIVE Embassy Security Cuts Starting in 2011

Don't deny Orlando funds to be ready for another Pulse or act of terror: Where We Stand - Orlando Sentinel
It's hard to believe that the top cops in Orlando and Orange County had to go to Washington, D.C., just, to plead for HS officials to stop denying Central Florida federal dollars to upgrade security. What part of "worst mass shooting in U.S. history" don't they understand? Metro Orlando hasn't made the cut since 2014, even though the area draws more than 66 million visitors a year and includes six of the world's top 50 tourist attractions.
------
I can go on- but since 9-11 the terrorist funding has gone down-- and in 2 weeks the budget will go into a Continuing Resolution- -- Federal agencies are disrupted during periods of reduced funding. With non-essential operations suspended, many agencies are forced to interrupt research projects, training programs, or other important functions. Its impact on day-to-day management can be severe, costing some employees the equivalent of several months' work.
That means my dear friend can't even buy a pen-- what can you do??
tell your congress to stop playing around and pay for the security of the people !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies