Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times

Advertisements

Who are the greatest American inventors in history? According to Google, Edison is only #6 and Bell #9. The Wright Brothers don't crack the top 50. The top 5 spots belong to Louis Latimer, Garrett Morgan, George Washington Carver, Madame C.J. Walker and Elijah McCoy. If you look at their pictures you'll notice a pattern...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ican+inventors

Great Moments in Google: “American Inventors” - The Unz Review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 07:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Do you alt-right guys have anything better to do than to complain about black people? What do you care anyway, you don't live in the US anymore and not for a while I take it. What's next, black men taking all the white women?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:24 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you alt-right guys have anything better to do than to complain about black people? What do you care anyway, you don't live in the US anymore and not for a while I take it. What's next, black men taking all the white women?
No..wait..I think he's on to something..about Google--

when I do a Duck, Duck,Go search..using the exact same search terms...I get this:

Famous American Inventors | List of Great Inventors from United States Of America

much more what most of us would expect, I think.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No..wait..I think he's on to something..about Google--

when I do a Duck, Duck,Go search..using the exact same search terms...I get this:

Famous American Inventors | List of Great Inventors from United States Of America

much more what most of us would expect, I think.
Who really cares? Nobody goes around thinking there's a conspiracy on Google against white males. Well, except the OP. Again, what's the point?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:37 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Demonstrates what I've said for years-blacks are as smart and capable as any race in the country. There is no NEED for a discriminatory such as Affirmative Action. And claims of "oppression" and embracing victimhood are flaws of individuals and a culture they chose to embrace-not a problem with the race. I have to wonder how many of those great men and women are clamoring for "reparations" and holding out their hands for welfare...

You could also add Ben Carson and Thomas Sowell (among many others) to the list of distinguished, successful black men.

I am curious about the Google list. Edison has over 1000 patents (IIRC), Latimer (from what I have found) has 6. Now...exactly why is he considered the number 1 inventor?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Outrageous! Cancel and boycott Google, Gmail, YouTube, and Android immediately!
I double dog dare you.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Do you alt-right guys have anything better to do than to complain about black people?
Do you regressive-left guys ever think about how large tech companies exert enormous influence over how history and facts are portrayed? Do you ever have anything interesting to say other than rote accusations of racism?

So if I'm a 16 year old writing a paper on American inventors and I start with Google (which is where 95% of high school and undergrad papers start), I'm to be led to believe that 9 of the 11 most noteworthy American inventors were African American?

This is social justice, isn't it? Making things look the way you think they should look rather than the way things are.
Quote:
Nobody goes around thinking there's a conspiracy on Google against white males.
I had never seen this before. This seems a stark example of biased results. What has happened to the #1 search engine in the world? The "Hillary Clinton is" auto-complete results from a month or two back was interesting enough.

We are talking about the number one Artificial Intelligence and Robotics firm in the world. Google and the code-based consciousness they may one day spawn will have enormous influence on the future of the species and the planet.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
What a bunch of whiners.

Type in "greatest American Inventors" instead and you get:
1 Edison
2 Bell
3 Franklin
4 Tesla
5 Morse
6 Carver
7 Ford

https://www.google.com/#q=greatest+American+Inventors

Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
There are a multitude of Black American inventors who deserve recognition and respect, but even I can see that list is loaded with White guilt.

Guilt richly deserved by Google since blacks make up only 2% of their company.

I might also add that it is not a ranked list. There does not seem to be any particular order at all except for a concious effort to load the first images with black inventors.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:57 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Who really cares? Nobody goes around thinking there's a conspiracy on Google against white males. Well, except the OP. Again, what's the point?
Not a conspiracy against White males..that's loony-tunes crazy.

But rather a policy of Revisionist History---to shape a corporate 'PC' agenda--and feed it to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies