Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 08:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That makes him even dumber.

His partner is doing damage control, and probably genuinely so.

Will it be enough to keep your business? Will the others keep frequenting the place? What's your guess?
I think and hope that the damage control will ultimately work. It's a great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 08:58 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
“Get ready for the liberal media frenzy of BS,” Jerant reportedly wrote.

What is ironic is that the liberal media is spewing a frenzy a BS over this. What exactly did he say that was wrong?
You wouldn't understand. It's fall, it's an election year....you have all the capacity for reasonable discourse as a moose in rut.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I gotta interject here.

If people didn't do SH*T after Laquan McDonald, the attempted cover-up and payout in Chicago other than some mild protests why do you think there is going to be a big backlash over this one?

Is it because this event is politically safe and will be authorized because it happened in an non democratic bastion?

Riddle me your thought process on this one....because after Laquan's story broke how the EFF to do you top that crap? Ooooh but the police super had to take full retirement....sick burn huh?

BLM has about 6 months left before it joins Sheehan and Occupy. Ask yourself why.
I'm not from Chicago, I'm not very familiar with the case, I don't care about the politics of that city, and I'm not a member of BLM.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Fixed it for you.
Quit twisting my words to form your lies. The man was murdered by that cop and you know it. The footage proves it.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
“Get ready for the liberal media frenzy of BS,” Jerant reportedly wrote.

What is ironic is that the liberal media is spewing a frenzy a BS over this. What exactly did he say that was wrong?
Wow. What he's saying is that all these shootings of black males were justified because they just didn't follow directions.

Anyone with half a brain keeping up with a quarter of the news, knows that's bull. Videos and car cams have proven several cops shot people for no just reason.

To say otherwise is offensive.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Probably had too much to drink but doesn't excuse the content. Maybe he's got lots of cops in his family and is biased prior to getting the facts, or perhaps is just a bad person....don't know....don't care.

Guys partner has to be completely livid.
Looks that way. My cousin knows both guys and supposedly, they're both great guys. All I know is that they run a top notch tavern.

They'll weather the storm I'm sure. At least I hope they do.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:03 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not from Chicago, I'm not very familiar with the case, I don't care about the politics of that city, and I'm not a member of BLM.
Cop out. Doesn't matter if you are a member or not and the case is easy to google.

Your prediction without being aware of that recent case and it's lack of fallout (IMO) is based upon a lack of information in that case.

Just do me one favor and read up on the case? If THIS angered you.....ooooh wow you're in for a real treat and I think you can appreciate that from our years of interaction I don't make this recommendation lightly.

It also points to the fatal flaw in BLM...it's just being election year funded and only if it bites the right people.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Keep going with your buddies and hopefully others will follow suit until this all blows over.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:07 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Quit twisting my words to form your lies. The man was murdered by that cop and you know it. The footage proves it.
The footage does not prove it. You can twist it all you want, you weren't there. You see what you want to see.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Keep going with your buddies and hopefully others will follow suit until this all blows over.
I can't. I don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies