Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't say?

I just wonder sometimes where you people come from. I mean really, do you ever get out?

In a former job, I had to fly into Motown regularly. It made the South Bronx circa 1980 look appealing. Sad. Looked like a 3rd world city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 09:59 PM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Your post applies more to you, actually. You see a Black man get gunned down by cops and you immediately write him off as not being compliant. Isn't that how a number of you whites think, anyway?
Yeah, 'cuz a person who is walking away from a police and reaching in a car is certainly being compliant.

No wonder you people are being killed left and right.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In a former job, I had to fly into Motown regularly. It made the South Bronx circa 1980 look appealing. Sad. Looked like a 3rd world city.
Really? You could see all that from an airport in Romulus?

Or just where did you venture into the city? Because Detroit ..even at its worst never resembled the ruins of the South Bronx. Not even on the East Side, where it was REALLY bad. And I know damn well that you never went into that part of the city.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yeah, 'cuz a person who is walking away from a police and reaching in a car is certainly being compliant.

You people?

I thought that blacks weren't being killed by cops anymore than any other group...according to you right wing types.

So blacks ARE being killed left and right by cops?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Really? You could see all that from an airport in Romulus?

Or just where did you venture into the city? Because Detroit ..even at its worst never resembled the ruins of the South Bronx. Not even on the East Side, where it was REALLY bad. And I know damn well that you never went into that part of the city.
What a joke. Now I know you are a poser. Anyone who has been in both the Bronx and Detroit would agree with BobNJ. I've been in almost every major city in this country and nothing compares with the worst parts of Detroit.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
You people?

I thought that blacks weren't being killed by cops anymore than any other group...according to you right wing types.

So blacks ARE being killed left and right by cops?
More whites are killed by cops than blacks. Look it up. Some black journalist wrote an article about it. I think it was Washington Post.

And "you people" refers to you people who think it is cute to disobey police orders. It applies to whites and blacks, but as usual, you only think blacks are capable of disobeying police. Says a lot about you.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
So being compliant with officers and getting murdered by said officers = civil disobedience. WTF?!!
The shooting was bad, but where did you see the guy being compliant? Just because he had his hands up for a little while walking away from the police instead of freezing in place does not mean he was following orders.

The reaction was ridiculous, but if five cops have their guns pointed at me telling me to stop, you can bet I'm going to stop and not move a muscle. He would have been much better off going with the police and then demanding video of the incident to prove it was an overreaction, which he could have done safely after getting out of jail. The point is to survive the encounter. No need to get shot because they pissed you off by overreacting.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
We get it...you're a big fan of comply or die. That's cool. Despite the recent shootings of police, y'all just keep thinking that blacks are gonna keep laying down for it.

So when the retaliation for this one happens, don't come on here crying about those poor cops.
You keep saying this stuff. You are part of the problem, not the solution. Comply and live, then demand the video and get it media attention. No reason to enrich your family on a wrongful death suit. And certainly no reason to tell kids to not comply with authority, thereby increasing their likelihood of getting their families that wrongful death suit. And you aren't going to win in a war with cops. You need people on your side, and that's the quickest way to lose the moral high ground. All it does is change the narrative from police brutality to brutality against police.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:02 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:

"You people..."

Yep, you're a racist bigot, alright. You secretly want Black people to die at the hands of cops, right? You want that to happen so that you can spout off every racial slur under the sun, right? Well, bless your heart.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
More whites are killed by cops than blacks. Look it up. Some black journalist wrote an article about it. I think it was Washington Post.

And "you people" refers to you people who think it is cute to disobey police orders. It applies to whites and blacks, but as usual, you only think blacks are capable of disobeying police. Says a lot about you.
A lot of people disobey police orders but only one race expects to get shot for it, you know the one that's gets pulled over for a DWB (driving while black). That same one who was told to protest peacefully, and then was told, we didn't mean that.
A black man actually protested peacefully and what did he and the rest of his race hear about it from the mouth breathers and pants pissers " how dare he, doesn't he understand wars were fought so he could have his freedom, lives were lost so he could make millions of dollars for playing a game", and yet if Kaepernick drove from San Fran to Florida, what would the betting line be for how may times he'd get pulled over for DWB? At least 7-8 times?, more or less depending on what kind of car he drove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies