Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 10:30 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

We were great because we were a country of opportunity- and all thing being more equal than most- but they have changed that -- BIG money changed that- with the politicians in tow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Believe the likes and no doubt you can believe that Trump can make America great again! As too many numbskulls seem willing to believe...

Not only do we insist on calling ourselves "great," but according to many (as represented by too many comments in this thread), "great" means white guys holding a gun and willing to fight just about any enemy they deem objectionable, whether it makes sense or not, with little tolerance for gays and other objectionables just for good measure...

Sadly, Trump alone cannot fix the last 8 years of destruction of the Obama regime. Even if Ronald Regan came back form he grave and won this election. I doubt he would fix the damage, nor any great leader. This is going to take decades, not years. It has to start now if our children are going to have a chance in the future.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:36 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
This provides a bit more nuanced insight as to why Americans have become a little less positive about America in general these days, for those who might be interested in a bit more to think about than those heady days of WWI and WWII...

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...e-nothing.html

Old 09-21-2016, 10:42 AM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We still have Kim Kardashian's butt.

Can't take that away from us.
you could set a flower pot on it.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Sadly, Trump alone cannot fix the last 8 years of destruction of the Obama regime. Even if Ronald Regan came back form he grave and won this election. I doubt he would fix the damage, nor any great leader. This is going to take decades, not years. It has to start now if our children are going to have a chance in the future.
Perhaps true, but the question is not how to roll back time to a different day and age, different demographics, antiquated ways of thinking about race and sex and all the rest going back to the Dark Ages.

The world evolves, just as America has since it was born, profoundly, decade after decade, more than we seem able to recognize. The changes and/or evolution that have us where we are today involve far more than just what your favorite political leader did or didn't. The world, our economy, all the dynamics that have either caused "damage" and/or progressed us this far is a never-ending process that each new generation is called upon to address anew.

While the older generation always opines for their "good old days."

Always the status quo resisting change.

Nothing new. That's just how people are and how the world turns, sometimes for better, sometimes not...

Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We were great because we were a country of opportunity- and all thing being more equal than most- but they have changed that -- BIG money changed that- with the politicians in tow
Well, at least we can agree about one thing...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oblem-all.html

Old 09-21-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
you could set a flower pot on it.
Funny what some people think to do with some things so different than others.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that..."

Old 09-21-2016, 10:59 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I think there was a coup. They killed Kennedy and have been reshaping America ever since.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I have been around for a lot more then the last 8 years. I was also around for the 8 years the G W Bush led us into the wrong war against the wrong enemy so his friends could reclaim the oil fields that Saddam nationalized. I did not like those years. I do like the last 8 years. We are far better off financially and socially than we were under the Shrub.

One think your Make America Great (tough and reckless) Again (MAGA) should realize the Fear is not respect. You want the world to be afraid of us like you want your neighbors to be afraid of you. That is the way of the bully and eventually the neighbors take the bully down because they realize is nothing behind the bullies' bravado.

Speak softly and carry a big stick actually works far better then shout loudly and carry a twig. The MAGA bunch are mostly the latter as is their spiritual leader, The Donald.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:53 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have been around for a lot more then the last 8 years. I was also around for the 8 years the G W Bush led us into the wrong war against the wrong enemy so his friends could reclaim the oil fields that Saddam nationalized. I did not like those years. I do like the last 8 years. We are far better off financially and socially than we were under the Shrub.

One think your Make America Great (tough and reckless) Again (MAGA) should realize the Fear is not respect. You want the world to be afraid of us like you want your neighbors to be afraid of you. That is the way of the bully and eventually the neighbors take the bully down because they realize is nothing behind the bullies' bravado.

Speak softly and carry a big stick actually works far better then shout loudly and carry a twig. The MAGA bunch are mostly the latter as is their spiritual leader, The Donald.
Dear god man! My respect for you and your wisdom just shot through the roof.

America's real strength has never rested solely on the accomplishments of it's military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies