Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 06:51 AM

5,169 posts, read 4,942,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
NASCAR is pure American.
Driving Toyota Camrys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 06:54 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...unfortunately, it's dying. Even Americans don't wanna see it anymore. NeckCar is in bad shape. The fad is wearing thin.

But you go ahead and watch slugs who live in North Carolina drive Chevys, Fords and Chryslers in a circle.

Meanwhile, I'll watch guys that live in Monaco drive Mercedes, Lotus, and Ferraris around courses at warp speed around challenging courses with names like Monza, Suzuka, Hockenheim, and Silverstone.
Same here.

I used to be a big fan of it when i was younger. Now i only watch 6 races - both Daytona races, both Talladega races, and the road courses.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:02 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball1 View Post
Lol diversity motorsports? This sounds like a get rich quick scheme. Sue for 500 mil.. Settle for 20 mil. Live like kings.

This is like saying the NBA and NFL racist to whites.
^ nailed it

Old 09-21-2016, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

LOL!!!

Anyone can take a car and try to qualify for a race. It does cost money to enter the race.

Maybe they just cannot build a fast car and are calling it speed and lap time discrimination. Affirmative Action in NASCAR!!

You make a race based upon time around the track, not because someone is black, white, brown, or yellow.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:15 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!!!

Anyone can take a car and try to qualify for a race. It does cost money to enter the race.

Maybe they just cannot build a fast car and are calling it speed and lap time discrimination. Affirmative Action in NASCAR!!

You make a race based upon time around the track, not because someone is black, white, brown, or yellow.
If their pit crew would quit leaving the car up on cinder blocks with no wheels-it just might be more competitive.

Sorry-too much?

Old 09-21-2016, 07:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If their pit crew would quit leaving the car up on cinder blocks with no wheels-it just might be more competitive.

Sorry-too much?

They are calling discrimination, because they can't run an 84 Olds Cutluss on 24's, per the rules.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Affirmative action in NASCAR NOW! I think I'm going to sue because they won't make the cars ADA compliant or make any accommodations to allow a handicapped driver to be on a team.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:44 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Yeah...unfortunately, it's dying. Even Americans don't wanna see it anymore. NeckCar is in bad shape. The fad is wearing thin.

But you go ahead and watch slugs who live in North Carolina drive Chevys, Fords and Chryslers in a circle.

Meanwhile, I'll watch guys that live in Monaco drive Mercedes, Lotus, and Ferraris around courses at warp speed around challenging courses with names like Monza, Suzuka, Hockenheim, and Silverstone.
You are the premier Aristrocrat Democrat to watch the rich boy stuck up snobs motor sports but us rednecks really love dirt track racing like at Portsmouth [OHIO] Raceway Park ...The $100,000 late bomber race is coming in October ye haw!

Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 AM

955 posts, read 744,630 times
Quote:

Pretend you're a snob or are you really one?

Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
I can't believe people still watch it.

As a Formula One hardcore fan, I'm appalled that folks still watch that tripe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
i am appalled, i tell ya, that anyone wastes time watching formula one.....
i still watch formula one once in a while. i used to watch it all the time but it got real tiresome when all the drivers roll around in single file, and the winner usually has 30 seconds on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball1 View Post
I'm appalled I tell you, appalled! that anybody still watches either formula 1 or nascar when drag racing is now back on cable tv!
drag racing is far more fun when done in real life at the track rather than just watching the top class teams run down the track in less than 6.5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
NASCAR is pure American.

Not Eurotrash garbage.
now now, lets not disparage formula one racing. i am not a big formula one fan, not like i used to be, but its still a good form of racing, though i prefer the le mans style endurance racing instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber123rd View Post
Within NASCAR -- Bill Lester has more starts in the top series than Darrell Wallace, though the vast majority of his career there was in Trucks. Outside of NASCAR, there's Antron Brown (two-time Top Fuel series champion), James Stewart (winner of multiple series championships in Supercross, technically not a "driver" though), and Lewis Hamilton (three times and current World Drivers' Champion in F1, not American).
like i said, i only knew of a few, but then i havent been following racing like i used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Affirmative action in NASCAR NOW! I think I'm going to sue because they won't make the cars ADA compliant or make any accommodations to allow a handicapped driver to be on a team.
part of it is a safety issue. drives need to be able to get out of their cars quickly sometimes, and handicapped people cant always do that. the other issue is the necessary hand controls. you would need to figure a way to set up hand controls for the clutch as well as the throttle, and be able to run a four speed transmission at the same time, though with the dog clutches you only need the engine clutch to get the car going these days.

but if you can set up the necessary hand controls, figure a way to the drive in and out as easily as a driver who is not handicapped, and you can get your competition license, and then you can qualify for a race, and have a pit crew, etc. etc. etc. you too can run in a sprint cup race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies