Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 08:33 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I pointed out....many times not even then.
Many? No. Only a very few.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:35 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
No sir you said ALWAYS peaceful. Those are your words.

The word always means across the board in every instance. Armed conflict vs civil disobedience should be handled with peace...always as you said

You never specified or differentiated
I was the one who said that, not Felix C.

Yes, if you're protesting for change, it is always better to go about it peacefully. It's especially important when you're protesting about violent behavior that you not exhibit violent behavior yourself, or you're just a hypocrite.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:39 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I DO agree with that. We know the guy had a gun. We do not know exactly what he did with it, and to what extent he threatened officers with it. Sad that the savages rioting and attacking innocent people in Charlotte couldn't wait and see and instead used this as an excuse to go full retard. Never go full retard.
SAD that they're blaming Whitey when it was a BLACK cop who shot the offender.

The victim's brother:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WxuDl8H4d48

Old 09-22-2016, 08:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
There is a Twitter on Drudge of a couple black guys in Charlotte beating a white man.

Trump just won the election.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I was watching it unfold last night and while I saw many arrest the situation just wasn't at all handled well by the Mayor or the Chief of Police. The police threatened to arrested everyone who didn't leave including the media but they didn't keep their word and the rioters realized that and started taking advantage of the situation where looting became commonplace, buildings and vehicles were vandalized and innocents were hurt.

I don't think the situation was handled but instead those who wanted to cause trouble just left but they will be back.
I agree with you to a point. I don't believe they had the resources in place to arrest all those people at the time they threatened it.
With that said, they shouldn't have said it if they weren't prepared to do what they said as that makes them look like paper tigers and just another set of feckless blowhards.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
It says he was seen with a gun. Show us the video and relative information. Was the police officer wearing any identification?
I guess you're too busy railing about racist police to actually listen/watch what's been reported since early yesterday.
The undercover cop that did the shooting was wearing a vest emblazoned with POLICE and was with uniformed officers.
Nice try though...

Old 09-22-2016, 08:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I guess you're too busy railing about racist police to actually listen/watch what's been reported since early yesterday.
The undercover cop that did the shooting was wearing a vest emblazoned with POLICE and was with uniformed officers.
Nice try though...
I have never once used the word racist and police in the same sentence and we will note again.......quote me.

Please....and while you at it, provide a link to what you are claiming or it is only that. A claim.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If only the rioters and the looters had taken this attitude before their mass-hysteria mob-meltdown. But instead they acted based on unverified reports on social media.
By the same family that is, as of last night, crying for peaceful protest. Yeah, whip people up with the "book" meme then act surprised and demand peace when they react to what was said. Talk about being disingenuous and phony...

Old 09-22-2016, 08:56 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,699 times
The dead man's family will view video of the shooting today:

Family of Keith Scott to watch police shooting video today, Char - | WBTV Charlotte

Also, the man's wife released the following statement:

"As a family, we respect the rights of those who wish to protest, but we ask that people protest peacefully. Please do not hurt people or members of law enforcement, damage property or take things that do not belong to you in the name of protesting."

Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
They absolutely do. Do we not need to hold the police to a higher standard than the criminals?

Because criminals lie it's O.k. for cops?
We do hold them to the highest standard. They are immediately placed on suspension pending the outcome of the investigation. Heck we have a Congress woman in PA that is still running for reelection even though she helped steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from a mental health charity! Wolf wants her to resign because he fells she hurt the Democrats! Almost no other profession is scrutinized as hard as our police. You hold them all quilty without seeing any evidence and then say or imply that they all lie. You have already acted as judge and jury - based only on hearsay. This is old lynch mob mentality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies