Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 02:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Whatever happened in Cleveland, has no bearing on this case unless they were the same policemen. We have to examine each incident individually. To do otherwise would lead to erroneous generalizations. What you are doing is profiling and being prejudiced against all police.
When one cop lies and is allowed to get away with it, it makes anything the cops said legitimately questionable as it's clear they will excuse away lies.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
wrong
lol

Old 09-25-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You may want to look up the legal definition of the term "reasonable suspicion".
Because...........?

Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You ignore me because you don't have the ability to answer my questions honestly....

Why, your own damn link says you lied...

This is really simple, did the grand jury decide to not move forward or not?

They decided (as the grand jury) to not even take a vote because there was no reason to take a vote.

It's a yes or no answer, not a normal drawn out pknopp answer....do you have that ability?
He said they voted.....when it turned out they didn't, he came up with this lame reasoning. He lied.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:15 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He said they voted.....when it turned out they didn't, he came up with this lame reasoning. He lied.
Quote:
After that report was published, Frolik spoke to The Washington Post and said he was specifically referring to a vote on criminal charges, but clarified that the grand jurors did vote on whether the shooting was justified.
Note that the link you provided is also in the link I'm providing...amazing what you can do if you read everything and not what you don't want to....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a15bb0352c5c

From the WAPO no less....so you should be happy with this link...

Old 09-25-2016, 03:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Okay, how did he pose a serious threat to those around him? ....
A convicted felon illegally carrying a gun and refusing to drop it in a place where there were not only police, but other bystanders is absolutely posing a serious threat. Someone refusing to drop the gun, when ordered by the police to do so is absolutely posing a serious threat.

Can't see how anyone would reach any other conclusion.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Okay, how did he pose a serious threat to those around him?

I'm pretty much pro-right to bear arms but philosophical statements like this about the imminent danger pistols or assault rifles pose in the possession of civilians makes for a good case of strict gun laws. Especially considering the guy seemed to have been given less than 60 seconds to disarm before he was shot.

I saw the dash cam video and by the flinching body language of one of the plain clothed cops wearing a bullet resistant vest, he appears to have been caught off guard by the gun fire. He lost nearly all composure. Which indicates to me in his own mind he viewed the threat decreasing and not escalating from the black civilian.

An amendment to the US Constitution should be made radically restricting the right of most Americans to buy and own any kind of firearm under the expressed reason armed (with firearms) Americans pose a clear and imminent threat to law enforcement and civilians alike.

Then I would like to see how many pro-gun Americans swallow that BS claim whole.

In my view the man showed no immediate threat justifying shooting him. I don't care if he had a M-16 in hand with the muzzle aimed at the ground.

If I un-fired guns in hand pose such a threat then guns need to be banned in the US as they are instruments of harm and murder just waiting to be used. Concealed carry permits are just asinine then.

An gun not fired is no more a threat than an idle car. Sure, you can fire a gun, and you can smash on the accelerator of a car until the car zooms at a speed of 100 miles per hour down a residential street.
The dude reaches down and gets the gun out of his ankle holster when confronted by police. He then takes the safety off and ***** it while ignoring no less than 11 requests in 45 seconds to drop the gun by police. I don't know about you, but I would consider that a threatening situation. If you want to become a police officer and go over and give people who don't listen to orders, a hug, you go ahead but don't expect others to put their lives at risk.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:38 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A convicted felon illegally carrying a gun and refusing to drop it in a place where there were not only police, but other bystanders is absolutely posing a serious threat. Someone refusing to drop the gun, when ordered by the police to do so is absolutely posing a serious threat.

Can't see how anyone would reach any other conclusion.
All true, but we don't even need to go down that road. We could ask - was the shooting justified if he just had the illegal gun in his pants and not in his hand? But they already did the riot. They already got their "justice" and chose street justice. So I see no need to punish the cops or town since they already did without waiting for the evidence to come out.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
I don't know that he did.
The holster is clearly visible on his ankle with the pants leg pulled up to reveal it. The police recovered the gun with DNA & blood and the holster at the scene.

Ankle Holster Clearly Visible As Police Release Keith Scott Shooting Video

Charlotte police are releasing body camera and dash camera video of the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, a convicted felon who was shot and killed by Officer Brentley Vinson after Scott was told by police to drop his handgun 11 times in 45 seconds.

I think we can all agree that you will believe what you choose, but we have the right to believe what we see.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
I don't know that he did.
Again, my question was not whether raising his pant leg was legal or not, my question was why do you think the man did raise up his pant leg.

Open your eyes and your mind.

BREAKING: Ankle Holster Clearly Visible As Police Release Keith Scott Shooting Video – Bearing Arms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies