Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 12:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
let me ask my political correctness folks here....how do you bring down the crime rate in some of these cities with a high murder rate?....by the police being passive or aggressive to bring the city under control?

If I live in a high crime rate area, I will do 2 things:

1) Be supportive of the police who are trying their best to bring the crime rate down and protect good citizens from the criminals

or

2) Move out.

What choices do the good citizens have, the more the police gets attacked and passive they get the more bold you make the criminals.

what is the priority to be constitutional correct or be alive?
Constitutionally correct. Always. "Give me liberty or give me death." Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 12:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Are you really this ignorant about the history of stop and frisk in NY?

nah, I lived in New York City before stop and frisk.....you must be this ignorant fool that don't know what you are talking about.

I lived in the Bronx during the late 80's and early 90's....high crime rate......you want to continue this conversation without getting personal?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Constitutionally correct. Always. "Give me liberty or give me death." Remember?

then go ahead and die by the thugs in your street... We will make sure they bury you with a copy of the constitution in your coffin.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:34 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
you are always going to have a minority complaining about something and siding with the criminals with political correctness. This is about saving lives in big cities and most of those lives are blacks and Latinos, not whites.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.6665816d5912
So you're fine with trashing the 4th and 14th amendments so that you can feel safe?

Look at the stats, the vast majority of those stopped were blacks and latinos. The majority of those were not found to be in violation of any law. These people were stopped just for being non white in public.

The numbers don't pan out for this policy.
Over 4 million stopped under stop and frisk in NY.
88% of those were black or Latino.
only 12% of those stopped were in violation of any law.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
then go ahead and die by the thug in your street... We will make sure they bury you with a copy of the constitution in your coffin.
I'd be happy to take that over handing our rights over to a fascist. It's what my father fought for in WWII.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither.

tell that to the thousands of blacks and latinos dying everyday by gangs and criminal in poor inner cities.

what is your solution again? talk to the white people like Hillary proposed?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I'd be happy to take that over handing our rights over to a fascist. It's what my father fought for in WWII.

you don't know what a fascist is, you just repeat the non-sense from the left, they are totally clueless when it comes to law and order and protecting Americans.

your father fought WW 2 so half of the world would be under the control of another dictator named Stalin....yeah, thank FDR for that one.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
For those that think this is a good idea, how would you feel if it was your wife, or child that is stopped and frisked while walking down the sidewalk? Now how would you feel if this happens not once, but repeatedly?

Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy to think about your son or daughter being spread eagle against a wall and patted down simply for being on the sidewalk? Do you feel safer thinking about your wife being frisked while running out for groceries?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So you're fine with trashing the 4th and 14th amendments so that you can feel safe?

Look at the stats, the vast majority of those stopped were blacks and latinos. The majority of those were not found to be in violation of any law. These people were stopped just for being non white in public.

The numbers don't pan out for this policy.
Over 4 million stopped under stop and frisk in NY.
88% of those were black or Latino.
only 12% of those stopped were in violation of any law.

During the 1990s, crime rates in New York City dropped dramatically, even more than in the United States as a whole. Violent crime declined by more than 56 percent in the City, compared to about 28 percent in the nation as whole. Property crimes tumbled by about 65 percent, but fell only 26 percent nationally.

Between 1990 and 1999, homicide dropped 73 percent, burglary 66 percent, assault 40 percent, robbery 67 percent, and vehicle hoists 73 percent.

you tell me how did that happened? criminals in New York City all of the sudden woke up and decided to be good citizens on their own? or they moved out to Chicago and D.C.?

tell me how NEW YORK CITY do that while Chicago, Detroit, D.C. and Baltimore weren't so successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies