Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 05:30 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Yep, he did. And there is a good chance he's a charlatan. Still there is a small chance he isn't.
No chance he is not a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 06:36 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
A moderate can not make up his mind? Why does someone have to "choose" an ideology? Why can't someone lean right on some issues and lean left on others, and then vote based on personal priorities? When you go on message boards like CD, you find a lot of extremities, but in reality most of the population is pretty close to the center.
I agree that's true for the majority of the population. Most people are followers. But I think the choices the moderates make are ultimately born on the left or right.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:33 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Some posters are saying they are leftist, but after describing themselves in more detail, it sounds like they might not actually be leftist....perhaps a bit confused??

Old 09-23-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm just happy that you can admit that you're consistently wrong on all issues.

But seriously, people like you are the greatest problem this country has today.

First of all, you start by labeling everyone as a leftist or a rightist. Well guess what, many people -- even those you consider to be leftists -- are not just right or left, but are somewhere on a spectrum. You'd consider me a leftist. The only trouble is, that label doesn't quite fit me. Capital punishment -- I approve on a limited basis. Strong military -- I approve. Basically anti drugs. Would prefer somewhat tighter controls on government spending. I could go on.

Second, I'll tell you something you have in common with leftists, even though you don't know it. An all leftist America would be a disaster. An all rightest American would be equally disastrous. It requires a balance that somewhat ebbs and flows. There are rightest governments in some other countries. Maybe you should become an expat.
I disagree about having two opposing forces being good for us. Leftism is a cancer at all times, imho.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Like what? Explain why it's the exact opposite?
The four big traditional pillars of society (work, religion, family and education) are not important to the left, except in one way: they ARE key obstacles to the State becoming powerful above all else. Thus, they are actually enemies of the left.
Another major difference: I believe in honesty and openness. My old allies (the left) have as a central strategy being deceitful and dishonest. It is a very effective way of gaining power. But I loathe such pretense and hardcore fakery.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Some posters are saying they are leftist, but after describing themselves in more detail, it sounds like they might not actually be leftist....perhaps a bit confused??
No. It isn't those of us on the left that are confused.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:53 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Another good example: I think that hard drugs are wicked bad. The left does not.
Uh ... what?

What have you been smoking?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:04 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Quote:
The four big traditional pillars of society (work, religion, family and education) are not important to the left, except in one way: they ARE key obstacles to the State becoming powerful above all else. Thus, they are actually enemies of the left.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:07 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Whats a bit confused? Why can't an individual lean left on some issues and right on others? Why can't someone be more conservative on fiscal issues while being more liberal on social issues, and simply vote on what issues are the most important to them? Personally most of the "upper middle class" people that I know, regardless as to weather they vote Republican or Democrat are pretty liberal on issues like gay marriage and abortion. Would you consider a Republican that supports gay marriage or is pro-choice confused, or a leftist?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No. It isn't those of us on the left that are confused.
No, I am a hardcore conservative and traditionalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies