Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 12:32 PM

20,594 posts, read 19,257,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
That's a nice invented fantasy!
Not on a dollar for dollar basis. Wall street stole hundreds of billions so they figure we should let blacks get it back from "we" at gun point, with a few home invasions ,rapes and murders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 12:38 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,869,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay. What do you want?
None of your business.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,239,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
None of your business.
Well, you are the one stating you have nothing in common with leftists. So ,naturally, people are going to wonder what you want.

Your response tells me you have something to hide. I have nothing to hide. I let you know where I stand.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:07 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,796,840 times
I don't know what a leftist is or whether I am one. I'm assuming that leftist means a Democrat but I'm only registered Democrat. I don't know if I'd classify myself as one just mostly registered as one because I'm more anti Republican esp now that Trump is a candidate (so I guess I tend to be discussing it more now than I ever have). I'm not an avid fan of politics. For the most part they bore me. If I find a topic I can contribute in I will post it but as far as the financial aspects I tend to stay out of that part. You'll notice most of the topics in the politics section that I post about are generally vague.

But I don't identify with a lot of people so if I were to take your stance I would be even more anti social than I already am. On the deepest level I am the oddball but on shallow levels I can find plenty of people agreeing with me and if I really look I might find the odd soul that does agree with me on a more deep level so that's one reason why I am more sociable online because I am more apt to find people I can connect with to some degree as there are SO MANY people online. It's still not deep enough for me to say I really identify with anyone that is within my reach but it is something. Working to find your common ground doesn't have to be so literal. You don't have to actively find a common ground but just say your view and then see what happens. With oodles of people in this world you're bound to find at least one that you will have something in common with.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,914,600 times
You can't pick your friends or family on the basis of politics.

I will say that I don't understand how my very liberal friends can be so very stupid and ignorant, and I have no problem telling them that. They do the same with me.

I'm pretty sure most of them will come around when they get jobs.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:54 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,218,044 times
Quote:
I know, I know--we are supposed to "find our shared humanity". And "work to find common ground".
But after many years of ignoring the sad truth, I have to admit: leftists and I do not HAVE any common ground. Not the most basic of values, no interests, no goals-----nothing.
This is hard for me to say, as I have several leftist family members.
(Oh, and I was a hardcore leftist myself for ten years or so... so I do know a bit about "both sides").
The Left has no interest in common ground. They aren't the Democratic Party of JFK anymore. They've become Stalinist bullies and BLM is their brownshirt army.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:03 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,218,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And yes calling folks "degenerate vermin" does say a lot about you. Its a fascinating way of putting things. Its a common way of trying to dehumanize those who you oppose. Again...saying more about you then about the people you are referring too.

Maybe you should reflect on what sort of person says things like that.
You mean like calling people "deplorables" ?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:04 PM

12,946 posts, read 9,578,422 times
Quote:
I know, I know--we are supposed to "find our shared humanity". And "work to find common ground".
But after many years of ignoring the sad truth, I have to admit: leftists and I do not HAVE any common ground. Not the most basic of values, no interests, no goals-----nothing.
This is hard for me to say, as I have several leftist family members.
(Oh, and I was a hardcore leftist myself for ten years or so... so I do know a bit about "both sides").
Sure you do. I'm sure you and some person on the left share the likes for the same food, music, celebrities, sport teams and athletes, cars, retail stores, supermarkets, vacation spots, pets, plants, TV shows and movies, and the list goes on.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,818,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This is how liberalism works. There are two white people . One white person swindles money from a blacks. The white person who took the money says "we" should do something about it and suggests I give them some money for what "we" did.

yeah, don't know why I can't get down with them....
That's exactly how liberalism racial identity politics works and liberalism in general. But it goes beyond swindling the other white persons out of resources. They use other groups as a biological weapon to completely disrupt the white genetic group..liberalism is working on the genetic level.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:34 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,215,495 times
Quote:
Interesting you bring up those values. Leftists no longer value traditional activities/interests: church (religion), education, etc.
I am a proud leftist and participate in many activities (book group, friends of the library, quilting group, exercise class, volunteer work)with other ladies of a certain age who are certainly very conservative. We don't agree at all about many things but we respect and are very fond of each other.
Oh, and I am also very active in my church. So let's not put folks in boxes with labels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies