Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:55 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think that black people should stop trying to engage hateful non-black people in regards to discussions about racism.

There are people who are hard headed and they will never listen to you or even acknowledge that there is a such thing as racism.

Our energy would be better spent building coalitions between all Americans of all ethnicities who are not ignorant enough to act like there is no longer a such thing as systematic racism. Contrary to what you see here on CD there are many white people who know that it exist and know that black people specifically face a racist society. They just don't know what to do to remedy the situation and many times they are also verbally assaulted by the equally idiotic black nationalist type of people who want to make them the devil just because they have white skin.
Most posts discussing racism essentially boil down to all white people are racists.

Quit blaming others for your failures.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:58 AM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
I think that black people should stop trying to engage hateful non-black people in regards to discussions about racism.

There are people who are hard headed and they will never listen to you or even acknowledge that there is a such thing as racism.

Our energy would be better spent building coalitions between all Americans of all ethnicities who are not ignorant enough to act like there is no longer a such thing as systematic racism. Contrary to what you see here on CD there are many white people who know that it exist and know that black people specifically face a racist society. They just don't know what to do to remedy the situation and many times they are also verbally assaulted by the equally idiotic black nationalist type of people who want to make them the devil just because they have white skin.
Should that extend to hateful black people as well? Hate is hate regardless of who the source is.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:58 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
But how do you discern if it's really racism causing your problems or just.... you (that people don't like)?
If Hitler was a CD poster, "People of other races only hate me because I'm white. I have to deal with racism practically every day."

Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
But how do you discern if it's really racism causing your problems or just.... you (that people don't like)?
What should happen is self examination, first, to make sure you are doing things right before making requests for others to change what they do.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,491,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I'm getting tired of people on city data not understanding racism. What is the problem it's not a hard concept. All white people are racist (unless you take the steps to unlearn the beliefs) because they are born into a racist white supremacist society that imbues them with racist ideals from birth:

You go to school with no black people or people of color, you read books with no black people, you go to plays, watch movies, go to the supermarket with no black people or people of color. You learn a Eurocentric curriculum that teaches you that white people did everything in history and the rest of people did nothing. You turn on the tv and you see no black people or people of color. Then you watch the lopsided news which depicts white people as individuals and everyone else as a group, but all the group's stereotypes are negative. If all these things don't have an impact on your psychology from birth then you are delusional and you don't have permission to speak about or to any black person or person of color because you are so far out of touch with society that you should just sit down and pray to God to give you the ability to critically think.

Let's take two questions and dissect them to see the truth about black racism versus white racism:

1. How does white racism adversely affect the lives of black people as a group:

Education, housing, health-care, employment opportunities, and the list goes on.

2. How does black racism adversely affect the lives of white people as a group:

I can't think of any examples. How does a black person saying "f white people, they look like cheese, and shed" affect the lives of white people as a group? How does this translate into any tangible thing where a law can come into place and affect the lives of white people as a group? How? Please let me know!

Racism is white people's problem, it is a pathology that's been handed down generation by generation and if it's not taught to you in the home it's taught & reinforced outside of the home by way of every single governmental institution. The day white people want racism to be over racism will be over. You can turn into a model Minority black person and you will still get racist treatment because America is a system based off of white supremacy ideology, white people are just the agents of the system. You can't do or say anything to them to make them not think that they are not better than you, that you are subhuman, that you are inferior, that you are a threat--nothing. It is up to white people (if they want) to admit to themselves that they are racist and they are working to unlearn their racist beliefs and spread the word of anti racism.

That is all good night.
If there has ever been a more purely racist post written on this forum, I have not seen it.

Congratulations, OP. That is a remarkable accomplishment, albeit a completely shameful one.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:06 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,785,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most posts discussing racism essentially boil down to all white people are racists.

That is basically what each post I've seen has become.
It's really sad. Then again in real life, in my house we're going to treat you the same as if you were our family unless you prove us otherwise. Regardless of color, religion or disability.

My family has also experienced racism especially my daughter at 7 years old.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:35 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,262,199 times
Quote:
...you don't have permission to speak about or to any black person...
Such audacity. You don't have permission to try and dictate to me how I interact with the people in my life.
Quote:
Let's take two questions and dissect them to see the truth about black racism versus white racism...
Why don't we ask a third question: How does going about my daily life, working hard, being a helper where I can, not conspicuously consuming, learning something new every day, never initiating force against anyone... how does that injure another person?
Quote:
...by way of every single governmental institution...
Sounds like you think government might be the issue. The cause of -- and answer to -- all of life's problems. I'm not too fond of many of those government institutions myself. I try to have as little to do with them as possible.
Quote:
...a system based off of white supremacy ideology, white people are just the agents of the system...
Do we have free agency or are we just thoughtless pawns?
Quote:
...spread the word of anti-racism...
What word? Using the internal logic of this thread, I'm racist by birth just because of where I was born and raised, and there's really nothing I can do about it... and nothing WE can do about it until CRISPR and genetic programming languages reach a point where we can eradicate the cancer of whiteness from the worldwide gene pool. I think we're at a standstill. Nothing I say could be deemed "anti-racism" (I'm not capable of that, remember?) so I have no "anti-racism" word to spread. I think you're saying that as long as white people are around there will always be institutionalized white supremacy and what we really need, what the only true answer is, is for white people to disappear forever.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 921,494 times
Quote:
Also, on the OP and the statement that racism is "white people's problem." I feel you should just accept this and let them work on their problem. It is not up to us to solve other people's problems. However, we do have to ensure that we strategize and set goals and achieve those goals for ourselves and our communities. We have no obligation to solve the problems or racist and we should not focus so much on it as it distracts us from more pressing issues of black individuals and neighborhoods.

IMO educational quality and higher educational achievement should be a priority for black people to focus on. Healthcare should be a priority for black people to focus on. Building economic strength should be a priority for black people to focus on.

If racism gets in the way of those to a wide degree, then it should be dealt with directly by a side committee/organization but it should not be a primary focus IMO because at this point in time it does not get in the way directly to a wide degree. Education, Economics and Healthcare are more important to us as a demographic in the 21st century to focus on. We've focused on fighting racism and have achieved GREATNESS on this issue in getting positive change that has directly, positively impacted this country. We can do the same on the other issues.
I agree with this post. We as Black people should build ourselves up spiritually (first and foremost) and economically.

Quote:

Nobody's blaming anybody here...except you.

I've seen some great, thorough posts from the Black users in this thread. Stop attacking them over their responses to racism.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
Quote:
I'll have to assume this is parody?
I thought it was just someone from the loony left progressive club wanting to shame an entire race for their whacked out perception of wrongs we've committed.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
Quote:

Call me hard headed, but I'm not going to listen to anyone who uses the word 'all' to describe an entire race - black or white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.