Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 06:28 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to multiple reports, city officials have announced new measures in an effort to curb the violence sweeping Charlotte since the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott. Any individuals caught rioting, looting, destroying property or otherwise reacting in a violent and unlawful manner will have their government benefits permanently revoked.
Charlotte Officials To Rioters - Anyone Caught Looting Will Have Welfare And Food Stamps Revoked For Life

If true, it's a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
They need to send them to jail!

Old 09-23-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Absolutely, and nothing says they can't do both. Prison, then no more free chit. I suspect taking away their freebies will be more of a deterrent than a few weeks at club fed.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:45 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Send them to jail THEN revoke thier gvt benefits once they come out.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:45 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
No way they could follow through. The Obama Administration would be on their ass so quick with threats it would make their heads spin.

I read this morning that 70% of the rioters arrested have out of state ID's. This is being orchestrated by activist organizations.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:47 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Absolutely, and nothing says they can't do both. Prison, then no more free chit. I suspect taking away their freebies will be more of a deterrent than a few weeks at club fed.
Funny thing is, you'll see some of these govt leeches dressed in designer wear from head to toe and have $200+ Jordans on their feet, but go to their homes. They dont even have sheets on their beds. They sleep on filthy bare mattresses on the floor.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No way they could follow through. The Obama Administration would be on their ass so quick with threats it would make their heads spin.

I read this morning that 70% of the rioters arrested have out of state ID's. This is being orchestrated by activist organizations.
That's pathetic. If true the particular organizations need to be declared supporters of terrorism and prosecuted. I hope President Trump will go after any of the rioters the same way. Treat terrorism as a FEDERAL crime with appropriate prison terms and the full resources of the federal government to prosecute it.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:57 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

GAH! (I googled it and found it on several sites. All right leaning) This is what I LOATHE about the news now. I can only find the 70% figure on right wing sites. (Who stilt news and lie) Left wing sites (who stilt news and lie) are ignoring it? No way to tell the veracity of anything any more.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
That will never work the way they would want it to because the real people who will suffer are the kids back home.
Does anyone think for a moment that an idiot that is jumping on the roof of a cop car has any thoughts of how he is going to feed his kids in the future and if his welfare is stopped do you think he will go get a job or turn to a life off crime.

The best thing they can do is arrest the looters and rioters and prosecute them. If you want to act like an animal then put them in a cage.
Last night there was footage of the crowd walking along after the curfew and the police were not moving in to arrest anyone. Why not? Many of them were white. I wonder how quickly the white persons support for the black mans burden would dissolve when they are cuffed and stuffed for booking?

Another thought is to make the arrested looters pay restitution and be made to clean up the mess they made as an act of community service.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:07 AM

23,975 posts, read 15,078,314 times
WBTV said of the 42 arrested Wednesday night through Thursday AM , 32 were from Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies