Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Is that supposed to scare or bother some people? You and the other race baiters in here are the only ones I see who seem to care.
It wasn't meant to scare anyone. It was meant to set you straight. I didn't take to your ignorant comment very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM

23,440 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We are talking about this thread, not the news. Let's keep it that way.
This thread is consistent with media reporting convention..let's keep it that way

Old 09-23-2016, 02:03 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Most of the "arguments" we hear about unarmed blacks getting killed by the police are bull**** anyway, I don't think we need any threads to diminish something that's already a farce.
The two Perps that escaped will most likely get into an incident with Law enforcement in the future and then can be defended by BLM members.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:04 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,041,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wasn't meant to scare anyone. It was meant to set you straight. I didn't take to your ignorant comment very well.
It's funny how they only call black people race baiters, but ignore the headline of the post or race-baiting white supremacists.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:04 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,919,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol yeah.

I want to know what kind of gun is suitable for situation like this.
9mm is fine if you use expanding defense rounds. You want the rounds to maximize tissue and bone damage while minimizing wall penetration. You don't want a full metal jacket that goes through everything.

For home defense, I'd go with a bigger round like .45 ACP. You can buy a heavy framed gun that will absorb most of the recoil from the larger round. My wife was fine shooting my full sized .45. With a larger round, you won't have to worry about shot placement as much. Again, use defense rounds.

A shotgun is always good too, but you'll need to figure out what you're comfortable with. If you are a smaller lady, 12 gauge buck might be rough. Supposedly buckshot can be bad at penetration, so a shotgun is probably bad for apartments.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
White supremacists will find any opportunity to turn any situation into a race thing.
Quote:
You'll find a lot of white people pull the race card way more than black people.
Quote:
That sounds like typical white supremacist rhetoric.
Quote:
It's funny how they only call black people race baiters, but ignore the headline of the post or race-baiting white supremacists.
Give it a rest.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Quote:

Why don't you take your racists talk elsewhere? You are off topic here.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:18 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You know what else is on video? Three armed robbers breaking into a woman's house at 4 am. Which is the subject of the thread no matter how much you try to deflect. Fortunately, she was quick to respond and neutralize the threat.

Whose deflecting ? I have no problem with a person defending themselves. Just wondering why the thread mentions the race of the victim and the shooter. Because a person is killed when breaking into a home is no issue that I object to. They had it coming. But is the point of the thread to say that a black criminal being killed is a justification for cops killing unarmed black men with their hands up or being unarmed. I guess it makes sense to some but not to others. The two are like comparing apples to condoms. Only people who that makes sense to are well, " The unthinking and uncaring ".

Old 09-23-2016, 02:29 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Is thread meant to diminish the arguments of blacks about being killed by police officers when unarmed ?
Quote:
Well in a few years many of these people will have their daughters marry black men or their sons marry black men. Then they won't be tired anymore.
Quote:
That is the point. That is exactly what ends up happening. The bigots children's end up doing what angers the parents the most.
Quote:
Whose deflecting ? I have no problem with a person defending themselves. Just wondering why the thread mentions the race of the victim and the shooter. Because a person is killed when breaking into a home is no issue that I object to. They had it coming. But is the point of the thread to say that a black criminal being killed is a justification for cops killing unarmed black men with their hands up or being unarmed. I guess it makes sense to some but not to others. The two are like comparing apples to condoms. Only people who that makes sense to are well, " The unthinking and uncaring ".
Sorry if I misinterpreted these, they sure came across OT. Generally, I don't care for putting the race of victims or criminals in the title but that happens all day here and both sides do it, so no need to derail in every post unless you do the same in the threads about evil whites. Otherwise, that makes you a bit of a hypocrite. I think this thread has garnered a bit of attention because these truly were bad guys breaking into the home, as anyone who goes into a home at 4 am with guns drawn deserves whatever comes their way. This was a rare case of score one for the good guy (girl).

Old 09-23-2016, 02:35 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Sorry if I misinterpreted these, they sure came across OT. Generally, I don't care for putting the race of victims or criminals in the title but that happens all day here and both sides do it, so no need to derail in every post unless you do the same in the threads about evil whites. Otherwise, that makes you a bit of a hypocrite. I think this thread has garnered a bit of attention because these truly were bad guys breaking into the home, as anyone who goes into a home at 4 am with guns drawn deserves whatever comes their way. This was a rare case of score one for the good guy (girl).

What thread here speaks of evil whites ? I haven't seen one and if I did, I would certainly decry that. But just because others might be doing it. I have no problem with bad guys getting killed committing a crime. However, what is that you are stating about others doing something justifying how you characterized the incident. I don't get your logic. I take it your trying to be fair. Reflect on it the choice to racialize the incident. It made no sense if your only trying to stress the value of home defense. It really doesn't make the point you claim you want to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies