Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 12:07 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times

Advertisements

I've spent a while searching the internet for something that describes the "official" mission statement and purpose of the Trump Foundation. As far as I can tell, there isn't one...I guess we are left to imagine one on our own. The foundation is a "private" foundation -- not a charity foundation. If anyone finds a Trump Foundation mission and purpose please provide it and the source.

I also looked up the Clinton Foundation's mission and purpose. This foundation is a "public charity" foundation. The mission and purpose is formally stated and easily found on there and other websites that monitor charities....

"To bring people together to take on the biggest challenges of the 21st century"

It goes on to say how and what...

"We convene businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 12:20 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
?

not really sure what this means.

so the Clinton foundation has a website with some words on it.

google "George bush worships owls" you can find websites with stuff about that too.

if you knew my name, and you googled it, you wouldn't find anything about me. you wouldn't find stuff about what I do. yet, I exist. I work in my community. I am involved in a number of things that help people...

if we use your post as the guidline, George Bush is an evil owl worshipper and I am a nefarious actor beause you cannot google me and find out what im doing.

your post proves one simple thing. you don't like Trump, but you cannot talk about actual issues. just negative slants to disqualify without evidence.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:03 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
no, you go to foundation and charity watchdogs as well as foundation pages. You probably don't have a watchdog site monitoring what you do.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
?

not really sure what this means.
so the Clinton foundation has a website with some words on it.
google "George bush worships owls" you can find websites with stuff about that too.
I decided to do your assignment and G'd "clinton foundation slave traffic"

Interestingly, the first 3 ser's were the Clinton Foundation is fighting against human slavery... however the 4th is:

The Hillary Clinton Building, Haitian Sweatshops & Slavery

They actually built a slave shop industrial park to benefit her corporate masters! How special is that?

5th
EXCLUSIVE: Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million

Clintons' Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Them $100 Million | The Daily Caller

6th
Van Jones, Clinton cheerleader

7th
EXCLUSIVE: Slush funds to pay 'personal consultant' Huma Abedin, a $34,000 a night Caribbean holiday for daughter Chelsea and payoffs to silence Bill's sex accusers - How Hillary has used donations to the Clinton Foundation as her ‘personal piggy bank’

The Clinton Foundation is a 'conspiracy' that Hillary and Bill use as a 'piggy bank' | Daily Mail Online

She and Willy have some splainin to do! No wonder she wants to censor the internet.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I've spent a while searching the internet for something that describes the "official" mission statement and purpose of the Trump Foundation. As far as I can tell, there isn't one...I guess we are left to imagine one on our own. The foundation is a "private" foundation -- not a charity foundation. If anyone finds a Trump Foundation mission and purpose please provide it and the source.

I also looked up the Clinton Foundation's mission and purpose. This foundation is a "public charity" foundation. The mission and purpose is formally stated and easily found on there and other websites that monitor charities....

"To bring people together to take on the biggest challenges of the 21st century"

"We convene businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change."
I am not sure how you missed it but if you really want to know... here it is.... "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"

Old 09-23-2016, 01:54 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Here's a list of some of the charities the Trump Foundation gives to.

Arnold Palmer Foundation

Celebrity Fight Night Foundation

Children with AIDS

David Foster Foundation

DoSomething.org

Friends of Scotland

Jimmy Fund

Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation

Make A Child Smile Appeal

Make-A-Wish Foundation

Mississippi Animal Rescue League

Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center

Neurofibromatosis, Inc.

Operation Smile

Paralyzed Veterans of America

Pediatric Epilepsy Project

Raising Malawi

Reef Relief

Smile Train

St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters

The Doe Fund

UNICEF

Wounded Warrior Project

Old 09-23-2016, 02:14 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Not even sure there's any official website for it.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:

A mission statement for the Donald J Trump Foundation is not required on its form 990 because it does not accept grants and donations from the public.

It is classified as a typical grant making org that grants funds to other 501 (c) 3 orgs.
There's nothing particularity remarkable about the value of the grants or grantees, his kid's school, sporting orgs, wild life, Citizens United , various medical causes, the arts and so on.

The Donald J Trump Foundation provides grants to other 501( C) 3 orgs. The grantees typically have a payroll and expenses associated with their stated mission.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...0c00e5cc-F.pdf

Unlike the Donald J Trump Foundation, the Clinton Foundation is a direct donor/ supplier of equipment, materials, medicines and human resources.

The Clinton Foundation is a grant and donor recipient who uses donations/ funds funds to achieve its mission.
Direct charities typically have a payroll and expenses.

These two foundations are apples vs oranges from both a structural and impact perspective.

The average guy on the street typically has no reason to understand the nuances associated with charitable giving/ accounting.

Given Trump has chosen not to release ANY of his tax returns, it is unknown if his charitable giving is limited to this foundation which is rather insignificant relative to his net worth claims. It is known that the corporate give program donates rounds of golf and hotel/ resort stays to other 501 ( c) 3 orgs who likely use them in live and silent auctions to raise funds.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-23-2016 at 02:23 PM..

Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Not even sure there's any official website for it.
There is no web site because it does not solicit funding from the public.
Instead it uses its assets to donate to other 501(c) 3 orgs who have direct expenses associated with achieving their missions.
Expenses are typically limited to accounting fees.

The Clinton Foundation is a different animal. It solicits funds and uses those funds to directly achieve its mission.

It's apples and oranges.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:36 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is no web site because it does not solicit funding from the public.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is also private, also does not solicit funding from the public, and it has a website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies