Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 08:02 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,491,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It's a shame he beat his brother David for the leadership of the Labour Party. David was much more electable, and maybe he could have beaten David Cameron, and then there would have never been a Brexit vote at all.

Little events can make big ripples down the line.
Nonsense.
David Miliband is even more of a sanctimonious prick than his brother.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:09 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
Macron said on TV today that if May can't get a vote on the deal, then there will be no extension. But that isn't binding. How he votes is. It's noteworthy that he said it in English. Lest it gets back to the French.

The SKY reporter seems to think that if it gets down to the wire, the EU might still grant an extension because they don't want No Deal either.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:14 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,261,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Macron said on TV today that if May can't get a vote on the deal, then there will be no extension. But that isn't binding. How he votes is. It's noteworthy that he said it in English. Lest it gets back to the French.

The SKY reporter seems to think that if it gets down to the wire, the EU might still grant an extension because they don't want No Deal either.
Um, French don't understand English? They don't have bi-lingual reporters or translators?

Gee, I never knew.

Ken

Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,396,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Nonsense.
David Miliband is even more of a sanctimonious prick than his brother.
Yeah, but a smarter sanctimonious prick.........

Old 03-21-2019, 08:38 AM

16,398 posts, read 10,439,897 times
Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day when none other than the Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys might ride to the rescue of Perfidious Albion, overcoming the UK's own wobbly politicians and helping to free them from the tyrannical clutches of the European Union.

(Is that enough name-calling for one paragraph? )

If Macron actually pulls this off . . . Vive la France! Vive la France!

Old 03-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I never thought I'd see the day when none other than the Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys might ride to the rescue of Perfidious Albion, overcoming the UK's own wobbly politicians and helping to free them from the tyrannical clutches of the European Union.

(Is that enough name-calling for one paragraph? )

If Macron actually pulls this off . . . Vive la France! Vive la France!
Macron will bark, but if Merkel yanks his chain, he'll do as he's told.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,473,888 times
Quote:

Quote:
I agree with both of you guys. This is the posturing and jaw-jaw stage. It will be a bit of a surprise if there is not at least one more surprise turn of events in this episode before it is done. Also, these sorts of negotiations tend to come down to the very last few days as a matter of course. If that is not the case here, then that will be noteworthy much moreso than if they come up with a new, last minute deal.

But all that being said, right now at this moment, all indications are pointing to a no-deal Brexit on March 29, 2019. For what that is worth.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:03 AM

16,398 posts, read 10,439,897 times
Quote:

What about Orban? It seems to me, from what little I know, that he wouldn't mind sticking it to the EU. Indeed, I imagine Hungary being the next country to head for the exits.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What about Orban? It seems to me, from what little I know, that he wouldn't mind sticking it to the EU. Indeed, I imagine Hungary being the next country to head for the exits.
Yeah, you never know. Those East Europeans sure can be ornery........

I just heard on BBC news Macron said either Parliament vote for Theresa's deal next week, or the UK is out without a deal.

I couldn't hear any more because Judy changed the channel to watch 'Frasier'........

Just say the word Brexit, and she tunes out. No sense of history at all.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

But all that being said, right now at this moment, all indications are pointing to a no-deal Brexit on March 29, 2019. For what that is worth.
Today was a big dog & pony show in Brussels. Nothing else. Neither side has absolutely committed to anything. And now that chauffeured rides in brand new Mercedes-Benz 560s to the big pretty building are over, it's nothing more than a big game of chicken for both the UK & EU.

IMO, there won't be a No Deal. The EU doesn't want it, and if May can't get the Parliament to line up behind her, then they will grant the extension at the 11th hour.

They are a bunch of spineless do nothings. None of them willing to take a stand on anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies