Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 08:11 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Not possible, the KKK and slavers were Democrats, just ask Hillary who praised on camera her mentor Robert Byrd the Grand Wizzard of the KKK.
And all that old history will have exactly zero impact on the AA vote, which will go to Hillary by a ratio of more than 9 : 1.

Pubs... Always looking backwards.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:52 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
When the men didn't abandon their families, and marriage BEFORE children was the norm.
And you think that only happens in Black families??? I'll tell my sister about that. Oh, wait. We're White.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:20 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
I do not let the false history of Democrats stand unanswered when they were the slave owners. When they blocked civil rights 7 times and when it took an 85% majority of Republicans with only 39% of the far more racist Democrats to finally pass it.
I've worked with others including blacks in charitable causes.

Not every born person will make their names in history, we can do our best to contribute our part though.
In other words, nothing of significance.

How interesting it is that many alt-conservatives say Black people should forget about slavery...it was so long ago. And here you are lauding your ancestors.

You people always want it both ways.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:47 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And you think that only happens in Black families??? I'll tell my sister about that. Oh, wait. We're White.
Please point to the part in my post that says "only" black families. And are 73% of white children born out of wedlock???

Old 09-25-2016, 10:49 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
With the Republican Party that freed them from slavery under Democrats.
Before welfare used by Democrats to buy their souls blacks were 85% in two parent households and were the largest growing community starting new businesses in America.

Then they let the Democrat party back in their life again.
From business leaders to Obama phone users in just a few generations.
The effects of big government on American families.
They are just 'numbers' to Obama and Clinton, just votes.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And all that old history will have exactly zero impact on the AA vote, which will go to Hillary by a ratio of more than 9 : 1.

Pubs... Always looking backwards.

Which is not a great reflection on those voters, but Trump will get historic highs IMO.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In other words, nothing of significance.

How interesting it is that many alt-conservatives say Black people should forget about slavery...it was so long ago. And here you are lauding your ancestors.

You people always want it both ways.
I said remember slavery and maybe turn the smart button on and don't vote for the party of the KKK and Slave owners who were Democrats. No Republican ever owned slaves.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Which is not a great reflection on those voters, but Trump will get historic highs IMO.
Not among blacks, he won't. They aren't all deaf. They've heard him over the past 15 months and the 5 years of his birther idiocy, too.

See ya Nov 9th.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Black people in America, whether descendent from slaves or more recently immigrated, have never had it better than we do right now--and I personally remember when it was much worse.

We have never done better than we do right now.

A higher percentage is out of poverty now than has ever been the case.

A higher percentage is more educated than has ever been the case.

The only negative factor is that there is a higher percentage of black children without fathers in the home than before...
...but that's also true of white children.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:12 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Black people in America, whether descendent from slaves or more recently immigrated, have never had it better than we do right now--and I personally remember when it was much worse.

We have never done better than we do right now.

A higher percentage is out of poverty now than has ever been the case.

A higher percentage is more educated than has ever been the case.

The only negative factor is that there is a higher percentage of black children without fathers in the home than before...
...but that's also true of white children.
I have pointing at the same thing. No one has proven that Blacks had it better at any point before the 60s. In my opinion, this is what some people are looking for.

1) For Blacks to vote Republican, but not for Black persons's interests, for their own.

or

2) A return to the "good old days", when Blacks "knew their place".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies