Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Damn right! They want their grandfather's America, where they could kick us around with impunity and we were helpless against it.

Kick me now!

There has never been a better time for African Americans than right now. We know because we're black. They don't know squat, and sound like fools try'na tell us what to believe.
And we both know our grandfather's America was not good for Black Americans. Now is the best time for Black Americans. I don't doubt that. I know what I ave now vs those days.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
In the interest of accuracy I will post some actual data in this thread.

Folks like the OP try to claim that it was the republicans who passed the Civil rights act, despite the fact that it was LBJ who ramrodded it (along with Ev Dierkson R- Illinois) and the Republican candidate for president (Goldwater) opposed it.

However, it is simply not true that the Republicans passed the bill. It literally was a bill that was passed by the northern politicians of BOTH parties over their southern counterparts.

In the south (excluding West Virginia and Maryland whose house delegations voted for the bill as a group-with a couple of abstentions) there were 14 members of the house who were republicans. All 14 voted against the Civil Rights Bill. The one republican in the Senate. John Tower of Texas voted against it as well.

There was no discernable difference in the voting pattern of northern, midwestern and western republicans or democrats. Most favoring the bill regardless of party.

Ultimately it must be said the the southern republicans were just as racist as their democratic counterparts. But the question remains. What happened to all those southern white democratic racists??????
I have said this before. The biggest correlation in who voted in favor of Civil Rights legislation was not Democrat vs Republican, but North vs South. No Southern Republican voted for the bill. Barry Goldwater didn't want it either.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Try again. I'm a first-generation American. You should stop begging for recognition where none is due.

You're just angry because there is ZERO connection between your history and mine.

Concentrate on what YOU have done for YOURSELF.

Yoir post above has nothing to do with a number of African descended people in the U.S. today. Your people, nor Republicans, did nothing for mine.

Again, stop begging for credit when none is due to you.

We have gotten ours from our own hard work.

Great post!

Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 AM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have said this before. The biggest correlation in who voted in favor of Civil Rights legislation was not Democrat vs Republican, but North vs South. No Southern Republican voted for the bill. Barry Goldwater didn't want it either.
I agree with your point, however I'll have give Goldwater some due.

Goldwater was a clear Libertarian on that issue, and his disagreement with the Civil Rights Act was on Libertarian grounds. He himself had desegregated his own family furniture business, and he had fought for desegregation of government civilian and military agencies.

His mistake was allying the then-Libertarian Republican party with segregationists (of both parties) specifically on the Civil Rights Act issue (which he felt was too much government influence over private enterprise).

He later recognized the error of allying with conservative southerners, in particular, because they also pulled religion into politics--a danger against Libertarianism that he himself spoke of

Old 09-29-2016, 10:34 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
ACTUALLY LBJ BLOCKED IT SEVEN TIMES, saw the writing on the wall and then the eighth time had it proposed again and it was Republicans who voted 90% who passed it for him, not the 30% yes vote of LBJ's party that made this happen.

Also I again must emphasize that Democrats (who were slave owners, were the KKK with segregation and whose people used fire hoses to blast black kids from going to a segregated school) were never for good things for blacks.

LBJ later stated in White House recordings that he did that and welfare so the n-words would vote Democrat for the next 200 years.
So the black folks went from MLK Republicans to Democrats from THAT move back to their slavers.
No Republicanever owned a slave.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I agree with your point, however I'll have give Goldwater some due.

Goldwater was a clear Libertarian on that issue, and his disagreement with the Civil Rights Act was on Libertarian grounds. He himself had desegregated his own family furniture business, and he had fought for desegregation of government civilian and military agencies.

His mistake was allying the then-Libertarian Republican party with segregationists (of both parties) specifically on the Civil Rights Act issue (which he felt was too much government influence over private enterprise).

He later recognized the error of allying with conservative southerners, in particular, because they also pulled religion into politics--a danger against Libertarianism that he himself spoke of
Well, his mistake was costly. He might have admitted later that it was wrong. However, it was still costly and what was done is done.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Try again. I'm a first-generation American. You should stop begging for recognition where none is due.

You're just angry because there is ZERO connection between your history and mine.

Concentrate on what YOU have done for YOURSELF.

Yoir post above has nothing to do with a number of African descended people in the U.S. today. Your people, nor Republicans, did nothing for mine.

Again, stop begging for credit when none is due to you.

We have gotten ours from our own hard work.
Many have assimilated into the private sector of America and also many have been stuck in the slaver Democrat party with pretty much nothing but welfare or make-work non essential government jobs.
I am glad you are working and that you are prosperous. I want that for all that can. Yes, it takes YOU to move on, but others to expose those less fortunate who do not have your earned wealth to find that opportunity as well.

Well what was done for you was more blacks dead in Chicago alone under Obama then were murdered by terrorist on 9/11.
You were given dependence, Obamaphones, cities that are all impoverished, almost no private sector jobs and massive dependence on government for work instead of being independent like everyone else.

Congratulations to you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Decades Of Democratic Rule Ruined Some Of Our Finest Cities | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Reds Exploiting Blacks: The Roots of Black Lives Matter

To quote both you and Janet Jackson,"What have you done for me lately"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uizdKZAGE

More like WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU GUYS FOR DECADES?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:12 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Many have assimilated into the private sector of America and also many have been stuck in the slaver Democrat party with pretty much nothing but welfare or make-work non essential government jobs.
I am glad you are working and that you are prosperous. I want that for all that can. Yes, it takes YOU to move on, but others to expose those less fortunate who do not have your earned wealth to find that opportunity as well.

Well what was done for you was more blacks dead in Chicago alone under Obama then were murdered by terrorist on 9/11.
You were given dependence, Obamaphones, cities that are all impoverished, almost no private sector jobs and massive dependence on government for work instead of being independent like everyone else.

Congratulations to you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Decades Of Democratic Rule Ruined Some Of Our Finest Cities | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Reds Exploiting Blacks: The Roots of Black Lives Matter

To quote both you and Janet Jackson,"What have you done for me lately"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uizdKZAGE

More like WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU GUYS FOR DECADES?
LOL at you OP. You are sitting around posting stuff about what is good for black people when you aren't black.

On the bold, the crime rates and murder rates during the Obama years, even including this year, on average are MUCH less than they were during the George W Bush years and especially are much less than they were during the B. Clinton years.

Crime is down in nearly every major urban area in the country, including Chicago when you look at 5-10 year trends like a normal person does who tracks crime rates. 4260 people were killed in Chicago between 2000 and 2008. 3207 have been killed between 2009 and 2015. Even if they get over 600 murders this year in Chicago it will still be less than the GW Bush years for Obama and both had more than the victims of 9/11.

Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia

Old 09-29-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at you OP. You are sitting around posting stuff about what is good for black people when you aren't black.

On the bold, the crime rates and murder rates during the Obama years, even including this year, on average are MUCH less than they were during the George W Bush years and especially are much less than they were during the B. Clinton years.

Crime is down in nearly every major urban area in the country, including Chicago when you look at 5-10 year trends like a normal person does who tracks crime rates. 4260 people were killed in Chicago between 2000 and 2008. 3207 have been killed between 2009 and 2015. Even if they get over 600 murders this year in Chicago it will still be less than the GW Bush years for Obama and both had more than the victims of 9/11.

Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia

I'm mixed married to someone who was from Mexico, so wrong.
I think their are few non mixed people running around these days.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
What is with the "hahaha"? Are you that juvenile?

You clearly missed what the poster had written. He mentioned that his family played a role in building this Republic. All recent immigrants should be thankful for those who helped build a country they find great enough to leave their home country for a better life.

Please remove the chip from your shoulder.
No...it is you who has the chip on your shoulder, or worse...a God complex. You expect immigrants and Black people to be eternally grateful to colonists who built this country at the expense of other people (who are not white). Don't insult my intelligence with your circle talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies