Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 12:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Looking at the link would sum up the problem here.

Cinderalla is an individual, marked by the iconic Blue dress in every single interpretation.

While the new costume is supposed to be a specific interpretation of a demigod character in human form, its a grass skirt with an upper torso shirt covered in body/tribal tattoos , it would basically be like having a costume of Genie(Aladdin) in human form as the stereotypical middle eastern guy.

in short, i get the outrage.
The iconic blue dress?
When I was a kid it was white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 12:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm going to be so non-PC this Halloween.

Going black-face as All Sharpton, but I guess they will think Don King too.
Yeah, right.

Like hell you are. LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I am a person of color myself, and a proud Southerner. I honestly am trying to find a rebel soldier costume. In the town I live in, nobody will be offended or care. There are Confederate flags everywhere and just about everyone hates Hillary Clinton.
Well, white is technically a color, so i guess you are a person of color.

Dude, no one cares about someone wearing a rebel uniform. They have Civil War reenactments with hundreds of men dressed in the gray and no one that i've ever heard of has ever said a thing about it.

If you're gonna brag about doing something exceptional, at least make sure that it's an exception first.

Moreover, if being a "proud Southerner" and by extension, a proud neo-confederate, dressing up as a Confederate soldier, who supposedly fought for a worthy cause, seems to be mocking rebel soldiers more than anything else.

Now if i wore a Confederate uniform for Halloween, that would truly be in the spirit of Halloween.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm going to be so non-PC this Halloween.

Going black-face as All Sharpton, but I guess they will think Don King too.
Let's see how well that works...

Old 09-25-2016, 12:57 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:

So, is it cultural appropriation when a black girl dresses up as Cinderella?????
Not sure. But it's pretty cool when the glass slippers turn into Jordan's and the pumpkin turns into a $500 hooptie with $3000 rims.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:02 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
There are still a lot of people who don't kneel before the SJWs. For them, Halloween has become the perfect time to go full-scale anti-PC. Just google offensive Halloween costumes and you'll see numerous parties dedicated to being as "offensive" as possible.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:15 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm going to yell at every non white person in a spider man costum for cultural appropriation.
Thinking about this more couldn't we say Peter Parker is appropriating arachnid culture?

Mind = Blown

Old 09-25-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
It won't work because he won't be doing it.

Pay no mind to Texans with pieholes bigger than their hearts.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:56 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
I am a person of color myself, and a proud Southerner. I honestly am trying to find a rebel soldier costume. In the town I live in, nobody will be offended or care. There are Confederate flags everywhere and just about everyone hates Hillary Clinton.
There's quite a few of them on Ebay.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There's quite a few of them on Ebay.
Why waste the money? They probably cost a fortune.

I'd just save money if i were him and pull out a few white sheets and cut holes in the eyes. Half the Confederates ended up wearing those anyway.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:14 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Why would you want to dress like a Rebel soldier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies