Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 01:27 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,865 times

Advertisements

There is without any question in my mind that this study is real and also that it will always be buried by the political correctness movement. Why can't we instead study and understand our differences that we might all fit better with each other on this small planet. Aside from the study, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are differences between us. We do not need to label one race, or group better than the other, which is the fear of even starting to talk about it. Rather just to acknowledge that we are different. Nurturing explanations only go so far.

It's funny to me, because I have friends of all walks of life. Blacks, Asian and many Hispanics and they all realize there are subtle differences among the races that exceed just "upbringing" nurture and so on.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:29 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
^^^^^^^^ Trapper John
I agree with you, like I said using some of the other posters logic nothing is environment and everything is genetics period.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If they were so damn smart they would still be here.

They were universally considered dumb brutes back before we started suspecting white people had their genes and blacks did not.
Lol...I noticed that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
People from different parts of the world are genetically different. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but for the fact that social scientists constantly try to claim that we are all the same. I think this thread is saying, "Yes, we have genetic differences and we shouldn't be afraid to admit it and discuss it." This talk about superiority and inferiority seems to reflect a fear of admitting to these differences.
At least three black people in this thread, including me, have acknowledged the difference.

So what fear are you talking about? Fear isn't what's at work here. But I know exactly what is. You do too.

But now that we have the acknowledgement and confirmations, where do we go from here? Tell us?

And don't drop a load of disengenous b.s. either.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
If it is true the differences are not worthy of note. Africans and Europeans can mate and produce viable offspring just like Europeans and say Pacific Islanders or Filipinos.

A young guy I work with came in with a wide brimmed jungle cap on his head last week. We thought it would be a great halloween costume if he got the old North Vietnamese soldiers field uniform with the harness for the AK- 47 magazines across his chest and where the name would be over the left chest pocket he could put his surname (McMurray) in over sized letters.

His father was Irish and his mother was from the Philippines, 2 people whos ancestors come from lineages that separated a long time ago.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:34 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Africans have the best skin. Very smooth and beautiful.

That is all I need to know.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
There is without any question in my mind that this study is real and also that it will always be buried by the political correctness movement. Why can't we instead study and understand our differences that we might all fit better with each other on this small planet. Aside from the study, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are differences between us. We do not need to label one race, or group better than the other, which is the fear of even starting to talk about it. Rather just to acknowledge that we are different. Nurturing explanations only go so far.

It's funny to me, because I have friends of all walks of life. Blacks, Asian and many Hispanics and they all realize there are subtle differences among the races that exceed just "upbringing" nurture and so on.
Who in the hell hasn't acknowledged racial differences by now? It's 2016...I don't know a single person that thinks we're all the same either individually or racially.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why is that? Do you see the smartest people thriving? Do you see rabbits having a problem? How come tigers, which are smarter than rabbits , are dying out? Why can we breed dogs smarter than wolves?

They were usually considered dumb brutes because people are generally ignorant.

In humans intelligence, before the welfare state, matters.

Neanderthals had bigger teeth and more muscle and were more acclimated to cold. The dumb brutes still all died off. A few rapists left their genes behind.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:38 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
^^^^^^^^ Trapper John
I agree with you, like I said using some of the other posters logic nothing is environment and everything is genetics period.

Uh what? Who does this? The only extremest position I see is the extreme position environmental supremacy . That is what is essentially being said with - we are all the same - and - we are all humans - . That is tantamount to human biodiversity having no relevance. I never see pure genetic determinism outside of an Internet troll.

Now I agree with the sentiment of wanting to prevent preselection bias, especially at the individual level. However we see the environmental supremacy paradigm going so far as social engineer to alter the outcomes.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:39 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
And I'm proud to be the most lily-white person you will ever know. Except for that 2.7% Neanderthal part.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:39 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

At least three black people in this thread, including me, have acknowledged the difference.

So what fear are you talking about? Fear isn't what's at work here. But I know exactly what is. You do too.

But now that we have the acknowledgement and confirmations, where do we go from here? Tell us?

And don't drop a load of disengenous b.s. either.
This study and this thread help to dispel the myth that all humans are genetically the same. That's it. You say you already believed in genetic differences between human populations. That's nice. Eat another cookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies