Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why would the pharmaceutical industry be interested in cure unless it produces profit at the same time? Why would anybody even think that way? They aren't charity organizations. They exist to make profit for the stockholders and their employees.

To find a cure is just a by-product of their business. Nothing wrong with that.
There are millions of diseases out there. Not to mention there are people born everyday. If they found a cure it wouldn't put them out of business. Tuberculosis was cured and did the person who cured it become poor? Also in therapy for example..many people will do a limited amount of sessions and never see the therapist again but guess what the therapist always has new clients so they still make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And the herbs or whatnot you use as your own doctor are free? If not I guess the profit motive is alive and well in the alternative medical sphere. And why do they not pony up the cure? Since they haven't, I guess they don't want a cure either.
The difference is herbs and supplements come with way less side effects.The human body is also too complex to not need intervention from nature. I know you have to take in Vitamin D for example somehow on a regular basis or your bones suffer so that doesn't mean they also don't want a cure.
Yes everyone has to make a profit but at the expense of other's health is just wrong. Do you even pay attention to how many commercials there are about seeking a lawyer for medical compensation? It is ridiculous!!! Esp when it seems like it's a new drug everytime.
Sometimes medicine has their place but many times it can easily be dangerous. Even though I think a lot of it was emotional stress that caused my gastritis I am still convinced that all those medicines that OTC and prescription drugs didn't help my digestive system. Gastritis can also turn into stomach cancer so thanks for help putting me at risk for cancer. I'm also considering the possibility that a sedative during a procedure is what made my mental state worse because when I researched I found that people had all sorts of concerning side effects so I guess I got off lucky but enough of it fit me.
I know that many doctors don't care because when I told them that I had gastritis and couldn't take Naproxen they said I had to take it before the insertion. People constantly tell me to take aspirin for my headaches too but I know what exactly what happens when I take them which is why I really try to avoid them unless I'm in serious pain. One day I got desperate enough to take the Naproxen..guess what the headache didn't go away and of course it irritated my gastritis. I'll give you one thing for a Western doctor the doctor I switched to is pretty nice and appears to listen to me (because he ordered me an allergy test right away) I think he does care it's just the way he was taught.

Quote:
Has anyone considering the amount of obesity and general poor health of the average American is a reason why the "Medical Industry" has gotten so large? A better diet and more exercise would do this country good.
Exercise is helpful but doesn't cure everything. I also find that it's not easy to implement because your body gets bored after a while so you constantly have to switch to new ones..at least every few months, preferably every few weeks. Also it helps to add a natural cortisol reducer because your body can get too stressed out.
Also as to the diet, it's called the Food and Drug Administration for a reason. They're "in bed" together. Now I know that I like some unhealthy food but I never asked for high fructose corn syrup in my lemonade!!! Keep it out of there cuz I don't need it. Luckily for me I get all natural lemonade at Wegmans but that's the only place that sells that brand so my choices for natural lemonade are very limited.
Same with my goat's milk which is far safer than cow's milk. Nobody sells that except Wegman's and occasionally Walmart. If I want to buy it at the grocery store across the street, I have to get it in evaporated form.

Quote:

The most asinine thing about the idea that drug companies do not want to develop cures is that everyone from the CEO down gets sick at some time or another. Why would they not want to develop drugs they or their families might need at some point?
Maybe they know a cure though and are just not telling us.
I think that's a very real possibility because when I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis the foot doctor didn't tell me about minimizing footwear. She just had me wear an air cast which made it worse and the night splint didn't seem to help either. I also humored her by taking Naproxen once..didn't do anything for my foot. It also messes with my brain when I first take it. I panicked the first time I had it. I know though that I can't cure it because it still hurts but it's gotten better since I stopped wearing that cast. I think the only reason it's hurting again now is because I got an IUD so maybe my body is fighting the foreign object until it gets adjusted (I got the non hormonal one although with my special brain I'm still considering taking it out) and it's still not severe like when I first got it.

Quote:
A family member had hyperthryroidism which was cured with surgery and medication she will take for life.
Which I'm sure she is fine but personally that's not the way I want to live. Taking a medication for life to not end up in the hospital sounds like no way to live myself. I mean it's better than you know..passing at least before your time but I still wouldn't be happy that's the only way I can keep myself alive. I don't want to be a walking pharmacy. If I have to take something regularly, I'd rather it be from good old nature. I think it would really help to see a holistic doctor to make sure I'm taking the right stuff. I get a little unsure of what's best for me because I know not every herb will work for some people.

Quote:
I get a kick out of the commercials for these new wonder drugs. Introducing bla, bla, bla...
Warning taking bla, bla, bla may cause blindness, heart palpatations, head ache, tremors....
In other words you will have to take other drugs to counter the side effects of the drug you are taking.
Exactly so what's the point unless you've explored all other options and can't find any other possible way that it works for you. That's why I say sometimes I think medication is necessary but sometimes it's just a way for those people to make loads of money

I don't know about grape seed extract jamin though. I'm not sure it's helping my allergies. I've also combined them with air filter and acupressure as well as natural nasal spray. My nose clears up more with the spray but my head is still pretty blocked.
I do know though that I need to vaccuum in here more but that kinda defeats the purpose of the grape seed. Plus the only thing is I know it can interact with enough Vitamin C and you need that.
I was thinking about getting an allergy shot but scared of the risk of shock but I know it's natural because it's a gradual process of exposing you to the allergen.

As for vaccines I think some are necessary but I bypassed that last HPV shot and thank god I did because there are so many horror stories about it. It seems pointless too because you still have to regularly get yourself checked because there are many strains it doesn't prevent. The thing I found really funny is they didn't even try and convince me. I just basically told I was scared of adverse reactions and rather quickly they said well we can't make you and they didn't bother so I never got an appointment to do another one. It's almost like they knew it could easily be a risk.

Quote:
I have a friend who is 95 soon and she consulted her pharmacist before she got on her grape seed ex and he said yes, my all means, I take them.
Yes there are the rare souls out there that are on the same side. I told the ob doctor about taking a probiotic and she says yes definitely keep taking them and I don't want to put you on another antibiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
They know how to write scripts for anti depressants...GRRRrrrrr
Don't even get me started on those. They had me take Zoloft when I was a teen and got diagnosed. Took it for like a week (don't remember exactly) never again..I immediately felt not myself and got suicidal. I knew at that point it was wrong and I needed to quit it right then and there.
I'm still very depressed but that's just cuz life for me is depressing. Don't know why people would often tell me to seriously consider medication for my depression. Hello I wasn't born with it! So do you think when I take it I'll immediately think "oh my father does love me oh any employer would be dying to hire me" basically it's a substance that makes you delusional. that doesn't sound very healthy either. And that's if it doesn't make me worse first. Most likely with my special brain my body will fight it to the bitter end.

Quote:
These companies would not be in business if there were too many negative reactions.
Then why is Comcast in business? Granted they're not going to endanger anyone's health but have you considered that many help you just enough to live but still let you have avoidable side effects? And even then many people are sick... I have been around the block. My coach abandoned me even though I NEED a job desperately. She doesn't care that it's affecting my physical health to not have one. I know because I cried in that meeting and they said NOTHING about that. So is it too far fetched to think that people just don't care they pretend to?

Quote:
Lol...you're telling me the pharmas are the only ones angling for money and that means the supplements etc. aren't impacted by greed? That's incredibly naïve.
Of course many people are sick that's what I said up there but there's less cases that I've found of supplements doing significant damage and the difference is no one pushes you to take a sup but doctors will almost always be quick to write you for their synthetic chemicals

Quote:

1. Every drug has an enclosed package insert with a long list of potential side effects (do your herbals do so as well)?

2. EVERY HERBAL has side effects. Herbals are DRUGS. This seems to be lost upon you, as you have no knowledge of this topic whatsoever.
Why would herbals have a list of side effects if they're very rare and at worst common but minimally upsetting? No need to put on marshmallow root that it may cause you to urinate more..whoopee wow
Duh everything has side effects or a risk. When you sit at the computer for hours on end you get eye strain. Do you think they should put on a computer "may cause eye strain"? When you buy a car do you think they should put on there "cars are meant to break so accidents are inevitable" Life is a risk in itself so it would be futile to put it on herbs when they're pretty safe. The only herb I really don't trust is mary jane.
The drugs have a long list because they are more risky.

I think most people are not understanding the point of your post, jamin because you're not saying to never see a doctor correct? You just think it's necessary to question whatever you're given and see if you can find alternative treatment. Even though herbs are safe, I still research them as well to see if they'd be good for my condition (though I still wish I had a holistic doctor to be 100 percent)

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-03-2016 at 04:17 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 04:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Of all radio commerical ads running on one of our stations is how the thyorid is so missed by the conventional MD's due to their brainwashed numbers. The numbers are an indicator, but before labs for thyroid in the 70's there were no numbers. MD's started with desiccated thyroid med for people who came in with a long list of symptoms.

I went 10 miserable years with depression since my numbers were good. At least 4 doctors including 3 endo's told me I was fine. I was NOT, got on thyroid support finally by my D.O., NO LABS and depression lifted in 4 days after 10 ugly years of drugs for depression.

I could write a book on the conventional world and how they MISS so much in helping us.

Again, why can't they develop some of their drugs with NO SIDE EFFECTS....no one has given me any comments on that at least that I read.

I truly believe there is an "alternative" for every drug that is prescribed for a health issue. If I really wanted to try harder and harder I could probably get of BP meds but at this point I'll stick with them.

I know 2 women right now working with alternatives for their BC dx. They are doing well. They are working at it as they don't want the drug/burn/cut protocols.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-03-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:

I went 10 miserable years with depression since my numbers were good. At least 4 doctors including 3 endo's told me I was fine. I was NOT, got on thyroid support finally by my D.O., NO LABS and depression lifted in 4 days after 10 ugly years of drugs for depression.

Again, why can't they develop some of their drugs with NO SIDE EFFECTS....no one has given me any comments on that at least that I read.

I truly believe there is an "alternative" for every drug that is prescribed for a health issue. If I really wanted to try harder and harder I could probably get of BP meds but at this point I'll stick with them. I know 2 women right now working with alternatives for their BC dx. They are doing well. They are working at it as they don't want the drug/burn/cut protocols.

Yeah I'm sure I would have very manageable depression if my life was better and I have to admit I've been doing good over the years considering what I have been through.

I have no idea. I mean glucosamine and the herb I take to reduce my cortisol has given me no side effects while many of the non herbal drugs have messed with me. I'm sure there probly is a synthetic drug that has no side effects but they are rare.

Well I hope so and I do think a lot of illnesses can be caused by your emotional state (as I mentioned my gastritis) but what do you think about my allergies? Nothing seems to really help the headaches and in May was when I got my sheet and it shows that my allergy level was not high. If I can avoid an allergy shot that would be great but I would think that's the only way to help it (aside from excessive vacuuming and washing sheets) or is that the alternative you mean since it's not a drug? I do think the air filter and what not probly helps..just not as much as I want it to. I can do okay some days but some days I'll even wake up with a headache.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-03-2016 at 04:43 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Yeah I'm sure I would have very manageable depression if my life was better and I have to admit I've been doing good over the years considering what I have been through.

I have no idea. I mean glucosamine and the herb I take to reduce my cortisol has given me no side effects while many of the non herbal drugs have messed with me. I'm sure there probly is a synthetic drug that has no side effects but they are rare.

Well I hope so but what do you think about my allergies? Nothing seems to really help the headaches and in May was when I got my sheet and it shows that my allergy level was not high. If I can avoid an allergy shot that would be great but I would think that's the only way to help it (aside from excessive vacuuming and washing sheets) or is that the alternative you mean since it's not a drug? I do think the air filter and what not probly helps..just not as much as I want it to. I can do okay some days but some days I'll even wake up with a headache.

I threw away allergy drugs and walked away from allergy doctor back in 1995. Read my post in allergy section and alternative section on OPC's...they are my miracle. All from a Grape. Or Pine Bark.

No I'm not saying don't have a doctor. They can come in handy but for me, they sure have not done much good in all the years of seeing them. I have found integrative MD's about 15 yrs ago and see mine once a year for labs and to check in. Good to have a "smart" MD.

I trusted a surgeon with my hip surgery and came out a mess...limping and waddling thru the rest of my life. Yea, I know many do well, but many don't. I've read 100's of posts and talked to many people.

Being on OPC's 21 yrs now I can honestly say I hardly had any mucus for 20 yrs, but for this year I've had morning mucus and I have to believe it's climate change and here in CA, a 5 yr daught...hardly any moisture to clean the air. I'm upping my OPC's and taking both these days and still have some morning mucus but it goes away after some nose blowing.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I threw away allergy drugs and walked away from allergy doctor back in 1995. Read my post in allergy section and alternative section on OPC's...they are my miracle. All from a Grape. Or Pine Bark.

No I'm not saying don't have a doctor. They can come in handy but for me, they sure have not done much good in all the years of seeing them. I have found integrative MD's about 15 yrs ago and see mine once a year for labs and to check in. Good to have a "smart" MD.

I trusted a surgeon with my hip surgery and came out a mess...limping and waddling thru the rest of my life. Yea, I know many do well, but many don't. I've read 100's of posts and talked to many people.

Well like I said I tried the grape seed. I don't feel like it's really doing anything. Is it because it's a cheap brand? I'm not seeing much on it so maybe that's it but don't have much money to buy better brands.
I'll also consider pine bark but that seems like it'd be expensive or maybe I could just eat more grapes to be on the safe side?

Old 10-03-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Well like I said I tried the grape seed. I don't feel like it's really doing anything. Is it because it's a cheap brand? I'm not seeing much on it so maybe that's it but don't have much money to buy better brands.
I'll also consider pine bark but that seems like it'd be expensive or maybe I could just eat more grapes to be on the safe side?

I guess I don't remember you're trying grape seed ex, but maybe you didn't stay with it. Or didn't take enough. I got my last supply of pine bark on ebay and it was pretty inexpensive. So I'm working with it. Yes, these two antioxidants are not cheap cheap, but they do so much if people stay with them.

Look at the price of today's drugs and they come with enough side effect warnings to choke a horse.

Young people today spend so much on technology but not on their health. I can say that for everyone into the high priced tech world.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-03-2016 at 05:01 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 06:14 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Since anecdotes appear to be the order of the day:

I am alive because a surgeon diagnosed my small bowel obstruction and operated on me. He cured the obstruction. That surgery would have been a very different experience without the drugs used for anesthesia and pain relief afterwards. I broke my right wrist - shattered would be a better term - and it was repaired by a skilled hand surgeon. With physical therapy I regained full function of the hand and wrist with no arthritis and no pain. Again, Big Pharma helped make that surgery possible. I had two normal births. Thanks to Big Pharma I was able to do it with a minimum of pain due to epidural analgesia. I have hypothyroidism for which I take a small dose of levothyroxine (the "artificial" stuff that is the same as what my body used to make ... naturally, not the stuff made from pig or cow thyroid glands). I have a terrible family history of stroke and heart attack. I take medication for my high blood pressure and a statin, and I have already lived longer than many of my ancestors did. Many of my first cousins are doing the same, and so far we have only lost one of us to coronary heart disease. Thanks again, Big Pharma.

When I was a child I had measles, rubella, and chickenpox. Now children can grow up and never have to suffer through those or a bunch of other infectious diseases that can cause serious illness, disability, and sometimes death because they are prevented by vaccines. Thanks, Big Pharma!

My father had many happy years after coronary artery bypass surgery because his internist was a very astute diagnostician and decided that my dad's chest pain was not just his longstanding indigestion acting up. I have an aunt who died very young from colon cancer. I get regular colonoscopies because I do not want to get that disease and many cases can be prevented with removal of precancerous polyps.

My mother in law has had both breast cancer and melanoma. Both were caught early and cured. She is now 93 years old and going strong. She takes few medications and no "supps".

I have a paternal aunt who had breast cancer: cured many years ago. She is in her 90s now.

One daughter in law had a Cesarean section because my granddaughter's heart rate showed some abnormalities during labor, which was not progressing well. The attachment of the umbilical cord to the placenta was extremely abnormal; without the C-section, my granddaughter would have died.

My husband had a very early melanoma removed from his face. Cured. He also had appendicitis when he was a child: cured with surgery.

I already mentioned my older son and his leukemia cure. Was it a grueling experience? Yes, but there was an entire team of fantastic doctors and nurses supporting us all the way - caring for my child. That's just my family's stories of lots of caring, skilled doctors at work.

Physicians do care and they do cure people.

Nature killed my paternal grandmother. She was struck by lightning.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
There are millions of diseases out there. Not to mention there are people born everyday. If they found a cure it wouldn't put them out of business. Tuberculosis was cured and did the person who cured it become poor? Also in therapy for example..many people will do a limited amount of sessions and never see the therapist again but guess what the therapist always has new clients so they still make money.

The difference is herbs and supplements come with way less side effects.The human body is also too complex to not need intervention from nature. I know you have to take in Vitamin D for example somehow on a regular basis or your bones suffer so that doesn't mean they also don't want a cure.
Yes everyone has to make a profit but at the expense of other's health is just wrong. Do you even pay attention to how many commercials there are about seeking a lawyer for medical compensation? It is ridiculous!!! Esp when it seems like it's a new drug everytime.
Sometimes medicine has their place but many times it can easily be dangerous. Even though I think a lot of it was emotional stress that caused my gastritis I am still convinced that all those medicines that OTC and prescription drugs didn't help my digestive system. Gastritis can also turn into stomach cancer so thanks for help putting me at risk for cancer. I'm also considering the possibility that a sedative during a procedure is what made my mental state worse because when I researched I found that people had all sorts of concerning side effects so I guess I got off lucky but enough of it fit me.
I know that many doctors don't care because when I told them that I had gastritis and couldn't take Naproxen they said I had to take it before the insertion. People constantly tell me to take aspirin for my headaches too but I know what exactly what happens when I take them which is why I really try to avoid them unless I'm in serious pain. One day I got desperate enough to take the Naproxen..guess what the headache didn't go away and of course it irritated my gastritis. I'll give you one thing for a Western doctor the doctor I switched to is pretty nice and appears to listen to me (because he ordered me an allergy test right away) I think he does care it's just the way he was taught.

Exercise is helpful but doesn't cure everything. I also find that it's not easy to implement because your body gets bored after a while so you constantly have to switch to new ones..at least every few months, preferably every few weeks. Also it helps to add a natural cortisol reducer because your body can get too stressed out.
Also as to the diet, it's called the Food and Drug Administration for a reason. They're "in bed" together. Now I know that I like some unhealthy food but I never asked for high fructose corn syrup in my lemonade!!! Keep it out of there cuz I don't need it. Luckily for me I get all natural lemonade at Wegmans but that's the only place that sells that brand so my choices for natural lemonade are very limited.
Same with my goat's milk which is far safer than cow's milk. Nobody sells that except Wegman's and occasionally Walmart. If I want to buy it at the grocery store across the street, I have to get it in evaporated form.

Maybe they know a cure though and are just not telling us.
I think that's a very real possibility because when I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis the foot doctor didn't tell me about minimizing footwear. She just had me wear an air cast which made it worse and the night splint didn't seem to help either. I also humored her by taking Naproxen once..didn't do anything for my foot. It also messes with my brain when I first take it. I panicked the first time I had it. I know though that I can't cure it because it still hurts but it's gotten better since I stopped wearing that cast. I think the only reason it's hurting again now is because I got an IUD so maybe my body is fighting the foreign object until it gets adjusted (I got the non hormonal one although with my special brain I'm still considering taking it out) and it's still not severe like when I first got it.

Which I'm sure she is fine but personally that's not the way I want to live. Taking a medication for life to not end up in the hospital sounds like no way to live myself. I mean it's better than you know..passing at least before your time but I still wouldn't be happy that's the only way I can keep myself alive. I don't want to be a walking pharmacy. If I have to take something regularly, I'd rather it be from good old nature. I think it would really help to see a holistic doctor to make sure I'm taking the right stuff. I get a little unsure of what's best for me because I know not every herb will work for some people.

Exactly so what's the point unless you've explored all other options and can't find any other possible way that it works for you. That's why I say sometimes I think medication is necessary but sometimes it's just a way for those people to make loads of money

I don't know about grape seed extract jamin though. I'm not sure it's helping my allergies. I've also combined them with air filter and acupressure as well as natural nasal spray. My nose clears up more with the spray but my head is still pretty blocked.
I do know though that I need to vaccuum in here more but that kinda defeats the purpose of the grape seed. Plus the only thing is I know it can interact with enough Vitamin C and you need that.
I was thinking about getting an allergy shot but scared of the risk of shock but I know it's natural because it's a gradual process of exposing you to the allergen.

As for vaccines I think some are necessary but I bypassed that last HPV shot and thank god I did because there are so many horror stories about it. It seems pointless too because you still have to regularly get yourself checked because there are many strains it doesn't prevent. The thing I found really funny is they didn't even try and convince me. I just basically told I was scared of adverse reactions and rather quickly they said well we can't make you and they didn't bother so I never got an appointment to do another one. It's almost like they knew it could easily be a risk.

Yes there are the rare souls out there that are on the same side. I told the ob doctor about taking a probiotic and she says yes definitely keep taking them and I don't want to put you on another antibiotic.

Don't even get me started on those. They had me take Zoloft when I was a teen and got diagnosed. Took it for like a week (don't remember exactly) never again..I immediately felt not myself and got suicidal. I knew at that point it was wrong and I needed to quit it right then and there.
I'm still very depressed but that's just cuz life for me is depressing. Don't know why people would often tell me to seriously consider medication for my depression. Hello I wasn't born with it! So do you think when I take it I'll immediately think "oh my father does love me oh any employer would be dying to hire me" basically it's a substance that makes you delusional. that doesn't sound very healthy either. And that's if it doesn't make me worse first. Most likely with my special brain my body will fight it to the bitter end.

Then why is Comcast in business? Granted they're not going to endanger anyone's health but have you considered that many help you just enough to live but still let you have avoidable side effects? And even then many people are sick... I have been around the block. My coach abandoned me even though I NEED a job desperately. She doesn't care that it's affecting my physical health to not have one. I know because I cried in that meeting and they said NOTHING about that. So is it too far fetched to think that people just don't care they pretend to?

Of course many people are sick that's what I said up there but there's less cases that I've found of supplements doing significant damage and the difference is no one pushes you to take a sup but doctors will almost always be quick to write you for their synthetic chemicals

Why would herbals have a list of side effects if they're very rare and at worst common but minimally upsetting? No need to put on marshmallow root that it may cause you to urinate more..whoopee wow
Duh everything has side effects or a risk. When you sit at the computer for hours on end you get eye strain. Do you think they should put on a computer "may cause eye strain"? When you buy a car do you think they should put on there "cars are meant to break so accidents are inevitable" Life is a risk in itself so it would be futile to put it on herbs when they're pretty safe. The only herb I really don't trust is mary jane.
The drugs have a long list because they are more risky.

I think most people are not understanding the point of your post, jamin because you're not saying to never see a doctor correct? You just think it's necessary to question whatever you're given and see if you can find alternative treatment. Even though herbs are safe, I still research them as well to see if they'd be good for my condition (though I still wish I had a holistic doctor to be 100 percent)

Side effects? Of course herbals have side effects- they are drugs.

Here are a few:

cerebral bleeds associated with ginko, garlic, and ginseng.

central serotonin syndrome with St. John's wort

extra-pyramidal symptoms and parkinsons with kava-kava

peripheral edema with licorice

congestive heart failure with salvia

hypertension with ginseng

That is just a few off the top of my head. There are many, many other side effects/drug interractions with herbals.

Make no mistake of it, herbals are just poorly controlled/regulated pharmaceuticals. Libs believe that herbals are safe and effective because they come from NATURE. Most pharmaceuticals ARE DERIVED FROM NATURE in their parent forms.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Here is how one can find drug info on 24,000 prescription and otc drugs.

https://www.drugs.com/drug_information.html

OBTW: On the side effects on alternatives listed above, SJW and Licorice can elevate blood pressure. I check all my supplements.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:51 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Make no mistake of it, herbals are just poorly controlled/regulated pharmaceuticals. Libs believe that herbals are safe and effective because they come from NATURE. Most pharmaceuticals ARE DERIVED FROM NATURE in their parent forms.
Please don't make this political, just when we found the one thing on the face of the planet that we agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies