Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 01:03 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When and where was this?
here untill the 70s
nuns used to "work"* in the normal (not religious private clinics) hospitals aside nurses and doctors

*for free

Old 10-11-2016, 01:08 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's not the FDA's job to regulate fluoridation:

August 5: Does the FDA regulate the use of fluoride in drinking water? Does a municipality which is adding fluoride to the drinking water need any special application, exemption or waiver to carry out the process of fluoridation in a drinking water s

"The decision to fluoridate a water supply is made by the State or local municipality, and is not mandated by EPA or any other Federal entity."
This is sold as a drug, what about the FDA's part in drugs?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
It's not the FDA's job to regulate fluoridation:

August 5: Does the FDA regulate the use of fluoride in drinking water? Does a municipality which is adding fluoride to the drinking water need any special application, exemption or waiver to carry out the process of fluoridation in a drinking water s

"The decision to fluoridate a water supply is made by the State or local municipality, and is not mandated by EPA or any other Federal entity."
The fluoride pushers march into cities armed with their propoganda and promises to save children's teeth and they offer enough incentives too to get the councils to jump onboard. I went thru this not long ago here in clean water and environmentally sound Santa Monica. SM has sold out to big money in so many ways.

Our town NEVER added the "waste material" fluoride until 2009. The city spends over $100K to the pushers for this toxin. Up until this time, only naturally occurring "F" from the reservoirs etc was in our waters...

And now so much of this "F" comes to us from China as we've pushed our industries over there.

A true Fraud...

Can't say no to the big money whores.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-11-2016 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yeah, it's on the INTERNET it must be true.

Most docs will tell you to eat a diet that consists of a majority of calories from high fiber whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and legumes and to reduce or eliminate processed foods and keep animal products to a minimum. There is ample scientific evidence to show this is the best dietary protocol (btw, it contains a majority of calories from carbohydrate) to maximize health.
You are on the INTERNET so it must be true!!!! uummmmmmmm

Old 10-11-2016, 03:27 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is sold as a drug, what about the FDA's part in drugs?
You were talking about water fluoridation, were you not? That is what I responded to.

It's hilarious that you are complaining about the FDA not approving fluoride when your beloved "OPCs" are not FDA approved.

FDA and over the counter fluoride products:

CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

Quote:
The fluoride pushers march into cities armed with their propoganda and promises to save children's teeth and they offer enough incentives too to get the councils to jump onboard. I went thru this not long ago here in clean water and environmentally sound Santa Monica. SM has sold out to big money in so many ways.

Our town NEVER added the "waste material" fluoride until 2009. The city spends over $100K to the pushers for this toxin. Up until this time, only naturally occurring "F" from the reservoirs etc was in our waters...

And now so much of this "F" comes to us from China as we've pushed our industries over there.

A true Fraud...

Can't say no to the big money whores.
You really need to give up the fixation on "waste". Fluoride is fluoride, whether naturally present in water or recaptured during a manufacturing process. You continue to show your ignorance about chemistry.

You may not like fluoride. If you do not want it, buy a water treatment system for your home and remove it.

Optimizing the amount of fluoride in water - not too little, not too much - helps prevent cavities. It produces healthier teeth. In the long run, that saves individuals money on dental care and reduces the cost of dental insurance for those who have it. I do not have dental insurance. My fluoridated teeth are so healthy that with brushing (with a fluoride toothpaste), flossing, and professional cleaning twice a year I do not get cavities and do not need expensive procedures.

Water fluoridation is an important public health benefit.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:34 PM

There is no way to know or control how much of the fluoride people are ingesting. NO WAY. Many drink so little water and others drink a lot during their 24 hrs.

For the teeth use the "F" toothpaste. That will give you good dosing and don't swallow or as your organs will get it too, just like when you drink the tap water in MOST cities.

I cannot afford a water treatment system for my home. I buy my water to drink and cook and so do many people now but not the majority...most drink tap water.

I trust Dr. Connett's work and MANY before him who have been working to slay this dragon. And it continues due to the power of pharma and those chemical giants.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:59 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
There are no answers for this. I'm not your father nor have the strength of a man. Thanks for your inquiry as to why I can't be as strong as your father. Why do we have to compare? There is no comparison. He could probably be taking less of the drugs with helpful supplements. That's why I take what I do, I don't want drugs....thanks.

It's rather humorous to want to compare me with your father. My heart is healthy. Good Grief.

To each his own.

However, you must recognize that your personal anecdotes do not equate in importance or veracity to randomized, double blinded prospective scientific studies in the medical literature.

To deny this fact would be to deny the basis of the scientific method and nearly all discoveries, medical or otherwise, that have been developed over the last 200 years.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
There is no way to know or control how much of the fluoride people are ingesting. NO WAY. Many drink so little water and others drink a lot during their 24 hrs.

For the teeth use the "F" toothpaste. That will give you good dosing and don't swallow or as your organs will get it too, just like when you drink the tap water in MOST cities.

I cannot afford a water treatment system for my home. I buy my water to drink and cook and so do many people now but not the majority...most drink tap water.

I trust Dr. Connett's work and MANY before him who have been working to slay this dragon. And it continues due to the power of pharma and those chemical giants.

No one could get a dangerous dose of fluoride from drinking water. You could not drink enough. In addition, some water sources have much more fluoride than the amount in fluoridated water. Some water systems actually remove some of the naturally occurring fluoride because it is enough to stain teeth.

Unless you buy distilled water you are getting water with minerals, including the possibility of fluoride, as with the Fiji brand.

Connett?

Anti-fluoridation crankery? How quaintly 1960s! I only wish it weren’t on ScienceBlogs – Respectful Insolence

Old 10-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
No one could get a dangerous dose of fluoride from drinking water. You could not drink enough. In addition, some water sources have much more fluoride than the amount in fluoridated water. Some water systems actually remove some of the naturally occurring fluoride because it is enough to stain teeth.

Unless you buy distilled water you are getting water with minerals, including the possibility of fluoride, as with the Fiji brand.

Connett?

Anti-fluoridation crankery? How quaintly 1960s! I only wish it weren’t on ScienceBlogs – Respectful Insolence
Drinking tap water for decades!!!! It builds up in one's body.

I've often wondered about the health of those in Grand Rapids as they were the first city to add this stuff. Wonder how all their dental health is. I don't have the interest to research that because no one knows for sure anyway. Why joint issues, dental problems, slow I.Q., sluggish thyroids.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Drinking tap water for decades!!!! It builds up in one's body.

I've often wondered about the health of those in Grand Rapids as they were the first city to add this stuff. Wonder how all their dental health is. I don't have the interest to research that because no one knows for sure anyway. Why joint issues, dental problems, slow I.Q., sluggish thyroids.
Fluoride does not accumulate in soft tissues. About 99% is found in bones and teeth.

The study correlating lower IQ with higher fluoride was done in countries with areas with extremely high natural fluoride levels. The study did not prove causation and has no relevance to fluoridation of water.

Does Fluoride Lower IQs? | Campaign for Dental Health

Too much fluoride can cause skeletal fluorosis and joint pain. It takes a lot of fluoride over a long period of time to do it. See the information from Barbara Greenberg here:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Wh...ntal_fluorosis

"A threshold intake for adults of 10 mg fluoride per day for 10-20 years would be needed before skeletal fluorosis is likely to develop. Skeletal fluorosis results from chronic exposure to fluoride at levels greater than 4 ppm in drinking water."

Fluoridated US water contains 1.0 ppm, or 1 mg per liter. That means someone would have to drink 10 liters every day for 10 to 20 years.

Skeletal fluorosis is rare in the US.

There is no clear evidence that the amount of fluoride in drinking water affects thyroid function.

Fluoride does not cause dental problems; it prevents them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies