Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 09:47 PM

37,011 posts, read 41,057,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
You would hope they would but probably not Suzy... As you know they want you to use THIER STUFF,they want the $$$$$$$$$$ .. They wouldnt use an alternative treatment!! (@ least and tell anyone)
The difference is that conventional medicine has to have evidence that it works. Alternative medicine does not.

If it works, it's not alternative medicine, it's just medicine.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:42 AM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, why shouldn't they. Pharma hasn't been doing too shabby for a LOT of decades. Alternative/holistic medicine is working to keep a lot of our population in improved health and out of doctor's offices. Speaking for me for sure.
Holistic remedies are nothing but placebos sold to the gullible..Some supplements are fine, but others not so much...

Homeopathic "remedies" enjoy a unique status in the health marketplace: They are the only category of quack products legally marketable as drugs. Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake

Old 10-15-2016, 03:09 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,196,619 times
Simply put Health Care is a business. They need repeat customers.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:51 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,639,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Exactly THEY need sickness and disease. Dr. Google is pretty inexpensive.

I prefer to "support" the vitamin/supplement industries. I eat pretty good but with aging so much changes and the foods just don't do it, that's why many supplement.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Holistic remedies are nothing but placebos sold to the gullible..Some supplements are fine, but others not so much...

Homeopathic "remedies" enjoy a unique status in the health marketplace: They are the only category of quack products legally marketable as drugs. Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake
I use some homeopathics and they are not fakes. A homeopathic topical called Topricin keeps me walking and hopefully free from a surgery by our surgery world.

I also use a sleep remedy, Calms Forte' and it's a salvation.

Have you used homeopathics? Or just spouting what you have no clue. I spent time on a homeopathic forum years ago as I considered going totally homeopathic and the folks around the world had such a hard time with the Americans and their drugs.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:17 PM

48,414 posts, read 34,593,681 times
Wait Jam, I thought is was the PainRx (or whatever it's called that you started after ibuprofen) that kept you walking? Or the myrrh oil? As per all your threads you are still buying more things to try. And didn't your swear by DMSO?

I gotta say, the stuff you swear by that keeps you healthy, doesn't seem to work very well.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-15-2016, 12:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,799,650 times
Quote:
It will be easy to get too because many people are "sheeple" and will blindly follow doctors just because they have a degree. They won't even bother trying it because the doctors say it's bad and even when they do try it they don't realize that they are just one person and there are just as many people that could be different than them as there are the same. They also forget that conventional medicine could be a placebo too.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Conventional medicine is really sickness care.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Wait Jam, I thought is was the PainRx (or whatever it's called that you started after ibuprofen) that kept you walking? Or the myrrh oil? As per all your threads you are still buying more things to try. And didn't your swear by DMSO?

I gotta say, the stuff you swear by that keeps you healthy, doesn't seem to work very well.
Yes, Mikala....I use them all. HOPE you are doing great at close to the 80 mark in your life. I'm so messed up from the hip surgery and the body structure is pretty shot. What I use keeps me walking. I was great at your age and had no surgery etc. PLEASE.....You sure do a good job keeping track of what I use.

I call it my arsenal...do you have an arsenal?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-15-2016 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-15-2016, 01:24 PM

48,414 posts, read 34,593,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, Mikala....I use them all. HOPE you are doing great at close to the 80 mark in your life. I'm so messed up from the hip surgery and the body structure is pretty shot. What I use keeps me walking. I was great at your age and had no surgery etc. PLEASE.....You sure do a good job keeping track of what I use.

I call it my arsenal...do you have an arsenal?
No I don't do a good job of tracking what you use - your list is amazingly long so I few stick in my mind. What I mentioned were just your most recent.

I take about 1 drug per condition. 3 general suppls (fish oil, curcumin, Bcomplex). Plus a couple Rx for as needed.

I don't go around swearing by anything as you do. Everything cures what ails you, until the next thread where you claim something else does. After reading you for awhile it has become apparent that nothing is working for you.

You have actually turned me farther away from alternative meds.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies