Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 06:31 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It seemed as if his life was slipping away, and I felt a profound sense of sadness. When he heard me say the word, “Jesus,” he squeezed my hand.

Finally, a Baltimore County police officer appeared, kneeling beside us. Together, she and I were able to remove the young man’s shirt, exposing his chest and his terrible knife wounds.

An emergency medical team soon followed to take him to a hospital.

As the medical technicians carried him away, I looked into his eyes for the last time; and I saw a sense of kinship – and fear.

When the ambulance was gone, I knew that this young man and I had shared a moment that was very, very deep and personal – and I realized that I did not even know his name . . . .

Later, from the news reports, I learned that this brave young man, named Carlos Santay-Carillo, had not survived. I also learned that his wife, Claudia, had been in labor, preparing to give birth to their son, even as Carlos lay dying.
Read the full article; it’s really brief. Not many will have a life-changing moment like this. The better of us would do what the congressman did; others of us would probably go to the hospital for a photo-op with the new widow.

https://cummings.house.gov/media-cen...heart-stranger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies