Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 08:20 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I live near Houston and when the first said Southwest Houston (parts of it is a hood), I thought they meant down Bellaire/Bisonnet and all the other streets. I thought maybe a robbery gone wrong kind of thing or extreme gang violence. But when I realized that they meant Southwest Houston inside the loop which is arguable one of the wealthiest parts of Houston, I had no idea what to think. Now it seems like a Lawyer were everything was going down hill. I don't know this obsession with his race (but If I had to guess judging from his first name and light complexion he might be full Indian or have a white mother). West Houston and Bellaire are both small cities surrounded by Houston that has the occasional murder and I know they will be shocked by this incident. Hearts and thoughts go out to the families.

Good post.

Speaking of SW Houston inside the loop, believe it or not, when I was studying for the bar exam I lived on Law Street off of Weslayan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I live near Houston and when the first said Southwest Houston (parts of it is a hood), I thought they meant down Bellaire/Bisonnet and all the other streets. I thought maybe a robbery gone wrong kind of thing or extreme gang violence. But when I realized that they meant Southwest Houston inside the loop which is arguable one of the wealthiest parts of Houston, I had no idea what to think. Now it seems like a Lawyer were everything was going down hill. I don't know this obsession with his race (but If I had to guess judging from his first name and light complexion he might be full Indian or have a white mother). West Houston and Bellaire are both small cities surrounded by Houston that has the occasional murder and I know they will be shocked by this incident. Hearts and thoughts go out to the families.
Why the Nazi gear?

Old 09-26-2016, 08:29 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The shooter in Washington was labeled possibly Hispanic while they were trying to find the killer. When he was later found to be a Turkish immigrant, the Muslim threads started. In fact, the Muslim threads started before he was found while posters were making comments like "snackbar"? So yeah, the Muslim comments started almost immediately.

Are Muslims entitled to their own opinions no matter how misguided? I'm trying to understand the disconnect here. If a wannabe Nazi and a Muslim both shoot people, how does one have a right to their opinions while another does not? I'm not making a case for either, I'm asking how this guy in Houston seems to get a pass.

You've seen me defend the right of all American citizens, even Muslims. A solid 99.999% of Muslims have never hurt anyone.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You've seen me defend the right of all American citizens, even Muslims. A solid 99.999% of Muslims have never hurt anyone.
You are one of the very few that actually acknowledge that. I wish others did as much and I'm not even Muslim.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:34 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
^^^^^
He might be a white supremacist the kind of supremacist in Latin America were they ignore 25% of their history and talk about how white they are since 70% of their heritage is European or whatever, except the north Indian version. But anyone who knows Houston knows that West U is one of the whitest suburbs after The Woodlands and might be the only suburb in Houston that is more than 90% white. Even the Hispanic people out there tend to be the Sofia Vegara (or lighter type) rather than darker skin. So if he was a white supremacist choosing this neighborhood would be stupid. The average suburb in Houston is only 50-70% White and some in Fort Bend County and other places are in the 20's and 30's. and Harris County is 33% white. Maybe West U might have a high amount of Jews???

I also agree with you that when they saw Muslim the they thought terrorist is annoying. Anyone who has step foot in Turkey (I have been there) or know several Turkish people, let me tell you something: Half of their women don't even wear a hijab and their beaches were filled with bikini clad European women and Turkish women with next to zero rapes or anything of the sort.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:36 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Your arithmetic is WAY off. I'm not sure there's anyone who has never hurt anyone else, yet you think that 99,999 out of 100,000 Muslims qualify as perfect saints?

Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
I don't think he meant perfect saints but I agree with him 99,900/100,000 American Muslims have never hurt anyone. I won't say other places because in Nigeria criminality among Christian and Islamic youth makes that number closer to 97% or less.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:04 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Why the Nazi gear?
Because they're a friend of yours? Who knows but seriously they're NUTS....now you are a pestilence on the thread that you should have been responding to in the first place but went and created another race baiting thread which you knew was inacurate while knowing there was another thread.

Seriously, I'm mighty grateful you've called for the mods to intervene because they're just going to looooooooooove your posts and threads.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:07 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
I missed your thread and started another, I'm sure it will be deleted but I wondered the exact same thing. Strangely silent for the angry white lawyer dressed like a Nazi. That's totally fine I guess.

Everything is not a racial issue? You contradict yourself in your own post! You heard about it because of his last name but as soon as he wasn't a Muslim, suddenly the shooting is okay, just "one of those things". If he is a Christian, what does that mean??? What should we do with all these angry violent Christians dressing like Nazis and shooting people???
Are you expecting white people to go out and loot, riot and burn since police shot him? Guess again.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:07 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Question is, whether if the shooter had survived would he have been disbarred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies