Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:38 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times

Advertisements

It's about the LAW and the Constitution for me. I don't agree with all Laws, but I DO believe that there is a proper way to handle disagreements - that's what our Nation is all about. The Constitution gives the people a lot of Freedoms, it defines what the Politicians have the rights & obligations to do and we have a Judiciary that is supposed to look out for all of us.

That's NOT where this Nation stands today - we have a "New Normal" and it's Chipping away at our Constitutional Freedoms. I find it extremely worrisome. People need to pay some serious attention to this stuff.

Saw this today - is this also going to be a "New Normal"? It's 3rd World Totalitarian tactics.
What is going on here?

Talk Radio Host Michael Savage Abruptly Removed From Radio, Claims ‘Sabotage’ |5:14 pm Eastern Standard Time

I'm not a fan of Talk Radio, just as I'm not a fan of Cable News or TV in almost any form. I read - a LOT.
I'm aware of who Michael Savage is - The Savage Nation is a nationally syndicated talk show that is the second most listened-to radio talk show in the country with an audience of over 20 million listeners on 400 stations across the United States - he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. He is a Trump supporter - is that really a good enough reason to cut his show? Just because he has a viewpoint that others disagree with?

They suddenly cut him off in his home area - the New York Tri-State area, replacing him with another show. When he revealed that in the rest of his markets - they Cut that off and replaced his show with a Recorded Show.

THAT is Serious Business - is this where we are headed? Political Censorship?
The NEW NORMAL in our Transformed America? Is this what we Really want?

Pay attention Folks .... NONE of this is looking good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 05:52 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,075 times
Isn't Trump the one who wants censorship? He only wants to be shown in a certain light....

Old 09-26-2016, 06:04 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Isn't Trump the one who wants censorship? He only wants to be shown in a certain light....
I'm confused .

Is it Trump that wants a Moderator to side with a Candidate?
Is it Trump that wants a Special Podium?
Is it Trump that "rests" instead of taking his case to the People?
Is it Trump that sends out Surrogates to Campaign for him? (male for the most part)
Is it Trump that gets just about all the Major Media to DEMAND some sort of "fact check", never done before in any of the Hillary Clinton Debates (all 30 of them)?

Exactly WHO is making Demands of the Moderator? Who is shutting down Media that DARES to not get on the Clinton Bandwagon? Who was it that Attacked Matt Lauer because he refused to Attack the Clinton Opponent?

What exactly happened to Shut Down a Talk Radio Program that is ranked #2 in the Nation?
Inquiring Minds want to know.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm confused .

Is it Trump that wants a Moderator to side with a Candidate?
Is it Trump that wants a Special Podium?
Is it Trump that "rests" instead of taking his case to the People?
Is it Trump that sends out Surrogates to Campaign for him? (male for the most part)
Is it Trump that gets just about all the Major Media to DEMAND some sort of "fact check", never done before in any of the Hillary Clinton Debates (all 30 of them)?

Exactly WHO is making Demands of the Moderator? Who is shutting down Media that DARES to not get on the Clinton Bandwagon? Who was it that Attacked Matt Lauer because he refused to Attack the Clinton Opponent?

Ole Trump just doesn't want to be fact checked..... He just wants you to believe him, no questions asked.... That sounds like the type of person who shoots for honesty....

Quote:
What exactly happened to Shut Down a Talk Radio Program that is ranked #2 in the Nation?
Inquiring Minds want to know.
How do you know he didn't shut it down on purpose in order get people stirred up... Like yourself....?

Perhaps you can post some other news stories about the issue Mr Savage is having?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's about the LAW and the Constitution for me. I don't agree with all Laws, but I DO believe that there is a proper way to handle disagreements - that's what our Nation is all about. The Constitution gives the people a lot of Freedoms, it defines what the Politicians have the rights & obligations to do and we have a Judiciary that is supposed to look out for all of us.

That's NOT where this Nation stands today - we have a "New Normal" and it's Chipping away at our Constitutional Freedoms. I find it extremely worrisome. People need to pay some serious attention to this stuff.

Saw this today - is this also going to be a "New Normal"? It's 3rd World Totalitarian tactics.
What is going on here?

Talk Radio Host Michael Savage Abruptly Removed From Radio, Claims ‘Sabotage’ |5:14 pm Eastern Standard Time

I'm not a fan of Talk Radio, just as I'm not a fan of Cable News or TV in almost any form. I read - a LOT.
I'm aware of who Michael Savage is - The Savage Nation is a nationally syndicated talk show that is the second most listened-to radio talk show in the country with an audience of over 20 million listeners on 400 stations across the United States - he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. He is a Trump supporter - is that really a good enough reason to cut his show? Just because he has a viewpoint that others disagree with?

They suddenly cut him off in his home area - the New York Tri-State area, replacing him with another show. When he revealed that in the rest of his markets - they Cut that off and replaced his show with a Recorded Show.

THAT is Serious Business - is this where we are headed? Political Censorship?
The NEW NORMAL in our Transformed America? Is this what we Really want?

Pay attention Folks .... NONE of this is looking good.
#5 or 6 show.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
He was taken off the air?

Cool!

Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,454,163 times
I don't care for Savage--I've heard him a couple of times when his show was picked up locally--but being cut off the air as soon as he started talking about Hillary's health?

Interesting.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:42 PM

23,509 posts, read 12,509,523 times
They've done it to others because they'd made pro-Trump comments on their shows, like Dennis Michael Lynch, Hannity, Limbaugh (I don't watch/listen to Hannity or Limbaugh) and a few others. I like DML and usually follow his webcasts.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They've done it to others because they'd made pro-Trump comments on their shows, like Dennis Michael Lynch, Hannity, Limbaugh (I don't watch/listen to Hannity or Limbaugh) and a few others. I like DML and usually follow his webcasts.
Who is they? Like Clear Channel? Who owns a lot of the radio broadcasting?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Savage has a masters in epidemiology along with Pharmacology. He was talking about Hillary's medications and their side effects. I guess he ticked some (Hillary) people off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies