Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 10:53 AM

776 posts, read 580,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomfield1 View Post
No, Obama is black. Racial identity is self-reported, and he has always officially identified as black.
WOW, I can't laugh enough at this. Being from Illinois, I just LMAO. Obama was raised by a white family in Hawaii, they where also wealthy. Yet, when he moved to Chicago he just magically understood what it was like to grow up poor in a majority black Midwest neighborhood. Because a wealthy, white childhood in beautiful Hawaii will result in the same experiences as living in a poverous, black Midwest state. Now most people would have to validate their knowledge and background with experience, not Obama.

If it is self reported, can I be black? F***, I grow up with more in common with these Midwest black individuals than Obama has.

Quote:
No, we already know this isn't true; Trump's strongest support is among racist, uneducated white males, from the alt right and from the KKK, David Duke and similar hate groups.
Ha, and the democrats aren't supported by racist and sexist people too? You are from a make-believe land.

Quote:
In fact his keynote speech announcing his campaign was basically one giant appeal to racists- "Mexicans are rapists", "Ban the Muslims", etc. Trump would never even be the Republican candidate if he didn't run an explicit race-based campaign.
Quite right you are. It's called appealing to idiots and it works quite well in our political process. I still don't know how many Democrats can't see this is what their politicians do too.

Quote:
I have no idea what this is, or what you're talking about. I guess now Obama is "the Kenyan" and I'm "the Nigerian"?
To be truthful, it is so easy to forge documents these day I think someone might be able to get away with being from Nairaland.

5 Syrian men used forged Greek passports in bid to enter US amid ISIS fears | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 10:53 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
... however, there is one glaring entry on his birth certificate that makes one wonder. Obama was born on Aug. 4th, 1961 in Hawaii, his race was entered as "African American".
first up it listed obama's father's race as "african" not "african american". second, race is self-reported. there are no restrictions. the 1960 kenyan census lists "african" as a race option. it would make sense a black kenyan would list his race as "african". for more see:

The African Race - Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 09-27-2016, 10:55 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Many people find what thing questionable?
The growing up of President Obama......poor *cough* white family and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
How many white Presidents or Presidential candidates were asked to provide a copy of their birth certificate?
How many white Presidents or Presidential candidates were accused of forging their birth certificates and faking birth announcements in newspapers, etc?
Most likely none, because before your President their was no question who they were and where they came from. President's Obama's mom is not the usual poor white mom raising her child in the USA.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't think you will get an answer.
....and yet he did.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
......we are all well aware it was Hillary who put this forward..
there is no evidence to support this claim.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
So had he not been AA, it would have been ok to question whether he/she was actually born in the US and not abroad as some at the time suspected and even claimed?
If he hadn't be AA, it is highly doubtful that his birthplace would have ever been questioned.

That's why it is racist.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How many had fathers from foreign countries?
many presidential candidates.

off the top of my head: ralph nader, michael dukakis, rick santorum, ted cruz, marco rubio.......

Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
How many white Presidents or Presidential candidates were asked to provide a copy of their birth certificate?
How many white Presidents or Presidential candidates were accused of forging their birth certificates and faking birth announcements in newspapers, etc?
And this is racist how?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Aren't ALL asked for a copy of a certified BC when they apply for a U.S. passport?
the COLB made available in june 2008 is acceptable to receive a passport.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
You mean H. Clinton and her camp, correct? It was her who started the whole birther controversy back in 08.
Spin that silliness all you want.
No one, outside of Sheriff Joe, pushed the birther nonsense harder than Trump and kept pushing it right up to this year.
I've asked this before and I will ask it again: is Trump SO gullible that he would believe something that originated from a long-ago fired Clinton campaign worker?
And not just believe it, but send investigators to Hawai'i to prove it after the President had released two different copies of his BC?

Trump has no defense in this.

None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies