Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:30 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A local activist in Houston, Quanell X, went through police shoot don't shoot simulation, and he had quite the revelation.
Old Quannell Xcrement was probably confused when he was failed for shooting at all the non-black targets, whether cops or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:34 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Read the CNN story again. The man was noncompliant and agitated with his hands in his pockets and a taser was being readied, since they had no clear evidence that he was armed. All of that changed when he suddenly removed his hands and assumed a shooting stance. Then he was assumed to be armed with a gun and was shot.

Suicide by cop.
I quoted the article and this is not what it said. I posted the quote. You made stuff up. It happens on every story like this.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Link to follow shortly. Seems the one officer had been sued for refusing to quit sending dick pics to other employees. Something that would get me fired in a heart beat.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:37 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Police killing Blacks and Black on black murders are two different things. One can escape Black on Black violence by not living in certain areas. Many Blacks do just that, leave dangerous areas. However, with the police, they are everywhere. More is expected from a police officer.

They are two totally different issues. Black on Black violence is not racially motivated. That is the result of someone not being able to control their temper, having severe anger problems, and having a "live by the sword die by the sword" mentality. Police brutality can have racial implications. And given history, there is alot of distrust involved.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:44 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I'd shoot someone if they aggressively got into a shooting stance like that towards me too.

Who shot him, the black cop or the white cop?
Was going to say the exact same thing. In this particular case, I wouldn't be waiting around to see what - if anything - he had in his hands, or if he was going to use it. That pose he's in is a classic shooting stance. Justified, based on the picture released.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Link to follow shortly. Seems the one officer had been sued for refusing to quit sending dick pics to other employees. Something that would get me fired in a heart beat.

Woah, woah, woah. Were you not one of the first in the Keith Lamont Scott threads to bemoan how his past had no bearing on the issue at hand?

Can't have it both ways, my friend.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I'd shoot someone if they aggressively got into a shooting stance like that towards me too.

Who shot him, the black cop or the white cop?
Doesn't matter. The community will riot either way.

You have to give them space and understand this is what happens when people have been enslaved raped culture stolen and oppressed for half a millennia.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:23 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Woah, woah, woah. Were you not one of the first in the Keith Lamont Scott threads to bemoan how his past had no bearing on the issue at hand?

Can't have it both ways, my friend.
Decent behavior from some people is not expected.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:37 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
It would appear that the police were fully aware that he wasn't holding a gun but they are still going to make statements that would lead in that direction. No way a cop just stands there with a gun being pointed at him while the other officer tries to taser him. He's close enough to see whether or not it is a gun.

It's not O.K. to shoot a person with a mental issue even if that might be what they are wanting.
How do you know whether he had a mental issue or not? The article said he was acting erratically, but nothing in that statement assumes he had a diagnosed mental illness. People act erratically for all kinds of reason, the stress of an incident like this among them.

As usual, you're inserting things as fact that are not in evidence.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:43 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Tacky and hopefully something that will be stopped, but nothing to do with the story unless he pulled out something other than his gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies