Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is their goal? For this to be a lawless free for all? Do they really want that?
They want black control of law enforcement and government and want law enforcement and law to only act when they so feel the notion. Afro-centric worldview vs Western Anglo worldview..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
I wonder if the NAACP believes white people turn blue when they become cops?

Old 09-29-2016, 10:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They want black control of law enforcement and government and want law enforcement and law to only act when they so feel the notion. Afro-centric worldview vs Western Anglo worldview..
To be fair: middle class values ain't just "anglo white" tho I def catch what you're saying since hood rats and their fans def remind me of PWT.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:09 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
People viewed in the past and today anyone with white skin and blonde hair and blue eyes as being a standard of beauty. Not so for non-white/European people in this country in particular (and in many places around the world). That is the reason why "black is beautiful" is something that is touted amongst black Americans and especially so amongst black American females. And FWIW, it works as black females are the only women in America who have a positive view of our physical bodies. This is based solely on the fact that our mothers and grandmothers tell us from an early age (and I have already told my daughter) that "society's" view of beautify (the European standard or some sort of multi-ethnic mixture) does not apply to black girls/women. We are inherently beautiful and we cannot forget it because if we pay attention to society, we will be ridiculed and demeaned based on our appearance by too many people. So we listen to our mothers and grandmothers and we see our beauty for what it is.

The police are not palace guards. They are public servants. I am black and I have relatives who are police officers and nearly every male in my family in my dad's generation and half in my own generation served in the military or are currently serving.

In the 17th century black people in America were called "Africans." That is the reason why many of the original institutions created by black Americans include the word "African" such as the AME church (African Methodist Episcopal) which was created in the late 1700s. Having African features means one has African ancestry and even though I don't call myself an "African" American, there is nothing wrong with highlighting one's African-ness unless you think it is a bad thing to claim to be ethnically African.

I agree with you though that racism is a taught behavior. However, IMO racism is not at play with these comments. The NAACP spokesperson did not say that whites were inferior to blacks. The idea that a group of people are superior or inferior to another based on physical appearance is "racism" not stating that the culture of police departments is an equalizer for officers in PDs and they become a part of the organization regardless of their ethnicity.
Most Black Americans actually think Africa is a nation when it is a number of nations and with dozens of familiar tribes. There is no such thing as African features. I live next door to an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian church...They are black - actually this extended tribe have what we might consider white features...with dark skin.

Look at Coptic Christians from Egypt...they are pale and have a distinctive look that is not what we would consider black... Every family or nation on the continent of Africa have certain family characteristics...Somalians have distinctive features also...they are a large extended tribe or family...

Also- I remember a period where my son was dating a girl for Africa...she and her family were important people...and they did not suffer with low self esteem...what these woman explained to me is that social status in some African nations regarding woman was all about skin tone...Africans are prejudice against others form the continent.

I knew a woman from Zaire and she held those from the Congo in contempt...that she was superior to that tribe....so - all in all .....African or as you said AFRICAN features does not fly with me...all people are different and the colour of the skin can not be used as a bench mark for who is black....or white for that matter.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:08 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What is wrong with being a police officer? It keeps society from being a lawless crime ridden criminal controlled nation.

Some blacks rather let the thugs run wild.
Some PEOPLE rather let the thugs run wild. This forced institutionalized idea of perfect equality is problematic. Some PEOPLE are just plain stupid...it has nothing to do with black or white. Still in this progressive liberal democracy we live in pushes society into an area of unreality. People are not all the same nor are they equal...Human life is equal and all life is valuable...So how do you explain to a stupid person that what they are doing is simply dumb and wrong?

People in general do not obey simple laws...I see people wander out into traffic while walking against a red light. If you can not obey simple rules then there is no chance in you respecting law and order...Either you are lawful or you are not.

The issue with progressive liberalism is that the liberals have attempted to liberate people into a state of TOTAL unbridled freedom. Even freedom has to be governed in order to sustain order and avoid utter social chaos. With even freedom there must be restrictions.

In my ill spent youth I was lucky to run into reasonable cops...At this point in time I realize that I want a safe and orderly world for my children....In the over all...if you treat police with respect and sincere care they will treat you well....it does not matter if the cop is black or white.

I am apprehensive when I see a hooligan on the street. As for "thugs"- they are usually mean spirited damaged people...who have never been taught that hatred is an obscene and useless emotion. Those that have not figured this out will have a life long career employing jail guards or will have a short meaningless life...your choice.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:13 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
See my post above. It is about police culture. You all are ignoring the fact that the officer who shot this man in Charlotte was a black officer. The officer in SC who helped the white officer cover up Scott Walker's assassination was a black officer. There were 3 black officers involved in Freddy Gray's death.

Police culture in certain departments is much more of an issue that supporting an officer in that department just because he/she is black. I'm not going to support a murderer just because he/she is black whether they are a police officer or not.

There is another way to look at it. Yes, black cops become part of the police culture, and thereby become responsible for risking their lives making difficult split second decisions on the street, and for making absolutely no mistakes in judgment even when dealing with potentially dangerous people, and are no better and no worse at it than white cops.

As for Freddie Gray -- I guess you would say that the black judge who dismissed all the charges was a member of police culture too?

Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It doesn’t get any clearer than that. The NAACP is saying that becoming a police officer robs a black man of his black essence. That black cops are no longer truly black and must surrender their “black card” to the NAACP. In the context of the Keith Scott shooting, this statement also implies that black police officers are transformed into racist white killers of innocent black men.

NAACP Says Black Cops Are Not Real Black People

Please someone tell me this is NOT an April Fools joke. ^^^
That's really pathetic.

But Ok, those of us with common sense are happy they are one of us. To all police of all ethnicities, Thank You for the service you provide to help keep us safe. And we pray god will keep you safe too in this bizarre time we live.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:15 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Most Black Americans actually think Africa is a nation when it is a number of nations and with dozens of familiar tribes. There is no such thing as African features. I live next door to an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian church...They are black - actually this extended tribe have what we might consider white features...with dark skin.

Look at Coptic Christians from Egypt...they are pale and have a distinctive look that is not what we would consider black... Every family or nation on the continent of Africa have certain family characteristics...Somalians have distinctive features also...they are a large extended tribe or family...

Also- I remember a period where my son was dating a girl for Africa...she and her family were important people...and they did not suffer with low self esteem...what these woman explained to me is that social status in some African nations regarding woman was all about skin tone...Africans are prejudice against others form the continent.

I knew a woman from Zaire and she held those from the Congo in contempt...that she was superior to that tribe....so - all in all .....African or as you said AFRICAN features does not fly with me...all people are different and the colour of the skin can not be used as a bench mark for who is black....or white for that matter.
I am a black American and I am well aware of the nations of Africa and correct the posters around here all the time. I also agree that there is no particular "African" feature, but unfortunately, here in America there is the idea that there indeed are "sub-Saharan" African features that make people more "negroid" (please note I know this term is scientifically incorrect today):

Thick lips
Nappy Hair
Brown to black skin
Wide nose

If someone is brown skinned and has the above they will be seen as having "African" or "black" features in America.

You should do more education regarding "African" features to the more alt-right white Americans as they are the main ones who still bring up the "sub-Saharan" features and "negroid" adjectives around here. They also think that if people don't have specific "negroid" features that they aren't black lol. It is ridiculous.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
There is another way to look at it. Yes, black cops become part of the police culture, and thereby become responsible for risking their lives making difficult split second decisions on the street, and for making absolutely no mistakes in judgment even when dealing with potentially dangerous people, and are no better and no worse at it than white cops.

As for Freddie Gray -- I guess you would say that the black judge who dismissed all the charges was a member of police culture too?
I agree with your first paragraph.

On your second paragraph, yes, I do believe the black judge is also complicit. I believe our criminal justice system is the last "system" in the country where institutional racism is rampant and it goes from the PD up to the judges.

Also, I have repeatedly said on this forum that black people can indeed be racist against other black people in that they view black as being inferior to other groups of people. It is not uncommon for black people to have these sorts of views.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:26 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
e[/url]

Please someone tell me this is NOT an April Fools joke. ^^^
Sadly it is no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies