Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 PM

3,788 posts, read 1,752,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Bush changed our identity after 911. And there is no going back. America will never be the same. So what are you saying Trump will do.
In your opinion, why do you think it changed so much that it can never be the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
In your opinion, why do you think it changed so much that it can never be the same?
We aren't free anymore. We have become a paranoid nation which Trump likes to reinforce.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:11 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I'm a trump supporter. However, I just don't believe Trump can make America great again. He'll be fighting against everyone the Democrats, the Republican establishment, the special interest groups and the main street media. How will he ever get anything done.
By taking the power away from the Federal government and giving it to the states where it belongs.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
By taking the power away from the Federal government and giving it to the states where it belongs.
The government is the supreme law of the land according to the constitution.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:53 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,895,965 times
Quote:
We aren't free anymore. We have become a paranoid nation which Trump likes to reinforce.
that is exactly the kind of talk that could cause one to say women should be in the kitchen because they aren't smart enough to think clearly. You have set women's cause back at least 50 years.
How does the old adage go?
Oh yeah,
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubtâ€
Mark Twain

Old 09-29-2016, 11:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,646,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I'm a trump supporter. However, I just don't believe Trump can make America great again. He'll be fighting against everyone the Democrats, the Republican establishment, the special interest groups and the main street media. How will he ever get anything done.
The republican congress will fully support Donald Trumps $12 trillion dollar tax cut. Trumps tax cuts are on the supply side, and they divide exactly like GW Bush's tax cuts giving the richest 20% of Americans 70% of the tax cuts.

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

And any EPA, FDA, ex.ex. regulation that Trump wants to abolish (that republicans already want to abolish) will have republicans in congress eagerly voting to abolish it.

But I don't believe Trumps tariffs on foreign goods will ever get passed. Republicans in congress eagerly voted for Bill Clinton's trade deal. And the American corporations that support the republicans in congress like being able to use low cost Asian laborers, and then sell the goods back to Americans without tariffs.

The republican establishment will not mind Trump being in the White House. Trump will give them a hefty round of supply side tax cuts and eliminate some very expensive corporate regulations. And if Trump proposes any law that the republican establishment does not like the republican congress can quickly kill the law.

Last edited by chad3; 09-30-2016 at 12:14 AM..

Old 09-30-2016, 05:49 AM

6,415 posts, read 1,409,730 times
I will get to keep my job, and Law enforcement (particularly ICE and Border Patrol) will actually be able to enforce the law and do their jobs!

Old 09-30-2016, 06:06 AM

3,532 posts, read 2,841,577 times
If Trump wins he can end Obama and Hillary's proxy war in Syria, allowing Assad and the Russians to defeat the rebels and bring peace to Syria, allowing the 4.5 million refugees to return home instead of bringing them here.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done to fix Obama and Hillary's failed state of Libya.

Like I've said before I'll take the candidate that the liberals say might start a war, instead of the one that they conveniently forget has started war(s).

bill

Old 09-30-2016, 06:22 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Quote:
Quote:
The government is the supreme law of the land according to the constitution.
gee you suppose there is a connection?

Old 09-30-2016, 06:25 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,543,357 times
I'm voting for Trump but if he's elected he'll be in for a big surprise when he figures out that he can't run this country the way he runs his businesses. There's this little thing called congress that has to approve just about everything.

I do truly believe that he loves this country and will work to put us first. Cut foreign aid. Strengthen our borders. Put a halt to accepting Syrian refugees. Strengthen our military. Renegotiate our terrible trade deals. Etc... We as a country need to start investing in us rather than in countries abroad.

Trump makes lots of sense on certain issues. Why are we spending trillions of dollars in the middle east when our country's infrastructure is crumbling? Why are we accepting tens of thousands of refugees when we can't even provide homes for millions of our own homeless people? WHY?

Last edited by louie0406; 09-30-2016 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies