Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 02:55 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lately? This forum is roughly half full of people that are so embedded in party loyalty that they are *not joking* incapable of rational thought.

With Trump in and Obama heading out they've merely stood up, switched chairs and will hypocritically continue to soldier on in blindly unthinking loyalty.
I would have to agree but the Trump supporters are a new breed of blind followers. I can't wait till their Pied Piper turns on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 02:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Frankly, most people who read Vanity Fair are probably not Trump supporters anyhow.

He should stop tweeting these moronic opinions every time he feels slighted.

If he starts making idiot tweets about countries or their leaders every time he feels slighted, he will be immensely dangerous. Isn't tanking companies' stock enough for him? Does he never learn anything?

I predict an impeachment sooner rather than later if Trump doesn't grow up fast.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The review was political so its not out of bounds. The worst restaurant in America- yea ok.
Of course it's political " talk of the town" and a hoot:

[url=http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/trump-grill-review]Trump Grill Could Be the Worst Restaurant in America | Vanity Fair

Old 12-15-2016, 03:00 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Wonder what he's hiding by sending everyone in the direction of his crazy tweet.

Today's news was all about Putin having direct ties to the election hacking. Is this what he's trying to steer everyone away from?

Old 12-15-2016, 03:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Of course Trump is thin-skinned but it was a hit piece with political tones.

If we're completely honest print media in the US has been in a lot of trouble in recent years and Trump is sizzling hot news. Especially for media that have few Trump supporters he makes for a ripe target to attack even in a restaurant review to try to generate readership.

Not saying it's right or wrong, unfair treatment and baseless attacks (if it helps sell stuff) automatically comes with the job.

But let's not pretend that the article you linked to or your thread title are fully honest portrayals.
Trump is not 'sizzling hot news' to New Yorkers or readers of Vanity Fair.

For the NYC and Vanity Fair crowd--Trump and his many wives and marriages and feuds have always been fodder. VF owes Trump nothing and reviews are biased--it is the nature of a review.

I've read Vanity Fair for years. They have always gone negative on Trump.

Graydon Carter has known Trump for at least 30 years and doesn't like him. He has always written negative editorials about Trump and joked about his little hands.

Trump is using his 'elevated' power to seek retribution on all who have dissed him.

New Yorkers do not care--they are quite used to his tantrums and ugly temperament and will continue to say what they think. This will not hurt Vanity Fair in the least.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I would have to agree but the Trump supporters are a new breed of blind followers.
You've been asleep the last 8 years to Obama supporters.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:19 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Trump continues to prove he's unsuitable to be president...one tweet at a time.
The likes of you flatter him with immitation.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:38 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Love Vanity Fair and their coverage of the election was
good although never in Trump's favor.
For many years they have exposed Trump's shady doings
and I can't wait to read the magazine the next four years!
I do believe it was Graydon Carter that started the tiny hand Trump movement years ago,
they have printed some really great editorial cartoon pictures of Trump also.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Love Vanity Fair and their coverage of the election was
good although never in Trump's favor.
For many years they have exposed Trump's shady doings
and I can't wait to read the magazine the next four years!
I do believe it was Graydon Carter that started the tiny hand Trump movement years ago,
they have printed some really great editorial cartoon pictures of Trump also.
I think I'm going to start reading Vanity Fair more often.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:03 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I think I'm going to start reading Vanity Fair more often.
Trump's grudge goes back to the Spy Magazine days when they called him the
Short fingered vulgarian. Good times, good times.

VF is billing themselves as the magazine trump doesn't want you to read.
The whole thing may be good for business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies