Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 06:56 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times

Advertisements

He is their freely elected leader. They have decided he is the tough leadership they need. Who are we to tell them that they are wrong? Because we think we are superior?

It's funny how we don't like other countries meddling in our business, e.g. Russians and Putin, but we think it's perfectly right to meddle in others.

Freaking hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 07:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
Imposing US values on the Philippines is cultural imperialism. The Philippinoes must solve their problems in the Philippino way without interference from other countries.

We tried this when they were our colony and were criticized for it. People who criticize us for taking Philippinoe sovereignty can not criticize Philippinoes when they excercise what they criticized us for taking from them.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I liked him ever since he called Obama some derogatory name.

Some friendships set low bars.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:12 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
The irony of all ironies,
Duterte is hooked on Fentanyl due to
many motorcycle accidents.
That explains a lot.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Duterte is also killing addicts on sight: no arrests, no trial. People are allowed to kill addicts as well. They're not charged with murder.

One heck of a way to deal with addiction.
It is a deterrent to starting drugs, selling drugs or smuggling drugs.
As far as addicts go. They all deserve their fate. 100% self inflicted.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:19 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
So, it's ok to call for baseless executions as long as it isn't on our dime? What a great way to think.
No. We can be against what others do. We should not be interfering in other countries.
How did we do in the following:
Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Burma, Laos, The philipines, Panama, Libya, Syria? How about El Salvador?
Our interference is pushing countries into the arms of China and Russia. We need to mind our own business.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:40 AM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
I completely understand on why the Filipino people elected him into office though in my opinion I think they have made a terrible mistake as you can't fight a drug war by trying to use vigilante justice to kill drug sellers and Mr. Duterte recently declared that he said he wants drug users dead as well even though he has endorsed the opening of drug treatment facilities for those suffering from addiction. President Duterte stated that he doesn't support human rights which is more than obvious and if given the chance he will keep taking civil liberties away one step at a time until he becomes a full blown tyrant.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
I think this guy is a joke.

Note:

We do not need the money. China said they will provide so many,' he said. 'The politics here in Southeast Asia is changing.'

Read more: Brutal Philippines President*Rodrigo Duterte threatens to terminate pact allowing US troops to visit his country but suggests relations with America could improve under Trump | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If this ungrateful little turd ALSO said he did not need Chinese money, then, yes, he has my 100% respect.

He just likes to play whatever cards he likes to play. No principles, no backbone. A punk, nothing more, less.

However, it is his country, his rule.

As long as he doesn't come back asking money again from US, I'd have no problems with him.
I don't care how he treats his countrymen or the drug dealers. I certainly don't care that he PERSONALLY killed druggies. lol He must be the Filipino Navy SEAL or something. A real real tough guy.

One hundred men will test today. But only three win the Green Beret. That one wins the Green Beret would be HIM.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 AM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It is a deterrent to starting drugs, selling drugs or smuggling drugs.
As far as addicts go. They all deserve their fate. 100% self inflicted.
So if someone is prescribed a drug and goes out in public and doesn't have their prescription on hand that should be grounds for assassination? What about those who are using drugs such as marijuana for medical use but since it's illegal they can be killed for it even though they are minding their own business.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:26 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I completely understand on why the Filipino people elected him into office though in my opinion I think they have made a terrible mistake as you can't fight a drug war by trying to use vigilante justice to kill drug sellers and Mr. Duterte recently declared that he said he wants drug users dead as well even though he has endorsed the opening of drug treatment facilities for those suffering from addiction. President Duterte stated that he doesn't support human rights which is more than obvious and if given the chance he will keep taking civil liberties away one step at a time until he becomes a full blown tyrant.
Okay, so he'll turn into a tyrant. And that's your business, how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies