Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 03:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times

Advertisements

Duterte urged to come clean on health after his fentanyl drug use draws concern | South China Morning Post

Quote:
Duterte on Monday revealed that he used to take fentanyl, often prescribed for cancer pain and other chronic ailments, because of a spinal injury from previous motorcycle accidents.
He however said his doctor made him stop using it on learning he was “abusing the drug” by using more than the prescribed patches. However, he denied he was addicted.
Hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 04:04 PM

599 posts, read 401,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Okay, so he'll turn into a tyrant. And that's your business, how?
I never said it was any of my business as I couldn't care less though I still think we should cut foreign aid to the Philippine's along with just about every other nation and remove our armed forces from the Philippines has President Duterte has requested.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:21 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I completely understand on why the Filipino people elected him into office though in my opinion I think they have made a terrible mistake as you can't fight a drug war by trying to use vigilante justice to kill drug sellers and Mr. Duterte recently declared that he said he wants drug users dead as well even though he has endorsed the opening of drug treatment facilities for those suffering from addiction. President Duterte stated that he doesn't support human rights which is more than obvious and if given the chance he will keep taking civil liberties away one step at a time until he becomes a full blown tyrant.
Actually you can fight a drug war with vigilantes. Watch Cartel Land and the autodefensas in Mexico. Sometimes you have to stand up and say no more. In some of these countries being a drug dealer is about the best paying and most respected job out there for someone with little job skills. They need to be put on the defensive.

Mexico needs vigilantes to rise up throughout the country.

Mexican Vigilantes Beat Back Ruthless Knights Templar Cartel | TIME

As far as killing drug users, I don't agree with that at all.

The world as a whole has made great advancements over the past 100 years from 90% of the world being in extreme poverty to now only 10%. But people are waking up and wanting what is fair. That's why Trump, Brexit, Duterte and all the Nationalism movements spreading around the world. They are not going to accept the political establishment telling them they know what is right for the masses.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:45 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Actually you can fight a drug war with vigilantes. Watch Cartel Land and the autodefensas in Mexico. Sometimes you have to stand up and say no more. In some of these countries being a drug dealer is about the best paying and most respected job out there for someone with little job skills. They need to be put on the defensive.

Mexico needs vigilantes to rise up throughout the country.

Mexican Vigilantes Beat Back Ruthless Knights Templar Cartel | TIME

As far as killing drug users, I don't agree with that at all.

The world as a whole has made great advancements over the past 100 years from 90% of the world being in extreme poverty to now only 10%. But people are waking up and wanting what is fair. That's why Trump, Brexit, Duterte and all the Nationalism movements spreading around the world. They are not going to accept the political establishment telling them they know what is right for the masses.
The Mexican cartels are as strong as they've ever been. Vigilantes aren't weakening them at all.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:16 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
How in God's name did the Vanity Fair thread get merged with this one? If there's a correlation, it flew right over my head.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:44 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
The Mexican cartels are as strong as they've ever been. Vigilantes aren't weakening them at all.
I respect the people saying enough is enough. And the cartels do more than move drugs. The do kidnappings and robberies also. I live close to the Mexican border. I talk to people daily who live in Mexico but come here for business. Several I have known for years. I sense a change. There is a growing frustration. Part of it is Trump getting elected. There is a sense that they are going to have to deal with their countries problems not just escape them by moving here. That the US welcome mat is not going to be there. Some think that Trump will take way their permits that allow them to come here for a couple days at a time. I have tried to assure them that is very unlikely to happen.

Don't underestimate people backed up against the wall.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...public-support

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-18-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 08:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
President Rodrigo Duterte a disaster in the works? Your opinion? (Mexican, drugs)
Yes, he is a disaster. He is an anti-American commie, who has been banned from entering US for 15 years, and has been talking about expelling US troops from his country since the 1990s. It was somewhat weird to see Trump trying to appease him.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:49 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
How in God's name did the Vanity Fair thread get merged with this one? If there's a correlation, it flew right over my head.
Yeah, that's really weird.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte: 'I killed three men' - BBC News

What will hear next out of this "waste-of-an-ejaculation?"

Remember, when you take a "Rodrigo," be sure to wipe your "Duterte."

Old 12-20-2016, 12:24 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Still waters run deep. do you think a true killer would be bragging his exploits in public? i submit its counter intuitive. i believe he got a small dick and cowering in fear just for the sight of blood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies