Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times

Advertisements

Didn't most families get some type of compensation from our own goverment?

I do not get why they are trying to sue?

Check out what Congress is now saying:

Congress suddenly has buyer's remorse for overriding Obama's veto ...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/.../obama...onal-concerns/
CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 08:43 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

www.cnn.com/2016/09/.../obama-911-veto-congressional-concerns/
CNN

The CNN or Clinton News Network wants everyone to believe that Congress has remorse. Thanks, but no thanks, I will wait for the ones that voted to make that claim. How can anyone be stupid enough to believe them, considering where they have their sympathy? They are Obama and Hillary people.

The Terrorist came from Saudi Arabia, and it was reported that they financed Terrorists. Many of the findings and reports have been sealed by the Government, and they want those reports to be released, which they should. The American people have a right to know if the leaders of Saudi Arabia had a hand in 911. If there is nothing to hide, then we should be able to see that. Its not Obamas job to protect the Saudis, and he needs to remember who he is working for.

As far as the Media Propaganda, of course they are going to take sides with Obama and Hillary. How much Saudi OIl Money do you think is in the Clinton Foundation as donations?

Old 09-30-2016, 08:44 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/.../obama...onal-concerns/
CNN
............ummm.............they killed their family members and loved ones?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
............ummm.............they killed their family members and loved ones?
I know that,but why are they trying to sue on top of what they received already in compensation?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The CNN or Clinton News Network wants everyone to believe that Congress has remorse. Thanks, but no thanks, I will wait for the ones that voted to make that claim. How can anyone be stupid enough to believe them, considering where they have their sympathy? They are Obama and Hillary people.

The Terrorist came from Saudi Arabia, and it was reported that they financed Terrorists. Many of the findings and reports have been sealed by the Government, and they want those reports to be released, which they should. The American people have a right to know if the leaders of Saudi Arabia had a hand in 911. If there is nothing to hide, then we should be able to see that. Its not Obamas job to protect the Saudis, and he needs to remember who he is working for.

As far as the Media Propaganda, of course they are going to take sides with Obama and Hillary. How much Saudi OIl Money do you think is in the Clinton Foundation as donations?

That might be true,but what if it comes out the Usa had advanced notice of 9/11 and did nothing?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:15 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
I know that,but why are they trying to sue on top of what they received already in compensation?

Perhaps to expose the role of particularly powerful Saudis.

Why was our POTUS trying to protect the Saudis might be a better question.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:15 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
That might be true,but what if it comes out the Usa had advanced notice of 9/11 and did nothing?
Then the people responsible should be imprisoned or charged with treason. This idea that the political elites of both parties are above the law, must stop.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:17 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
McConnell, Ryan Admit Saudi 9/11 Bill Needs Fixing Newsmax

After Rejecting Obama Veto, Lawmakers Might Rethink 9/11 Lawsuit Bill Fortune

Congress May Rewrite Saudi 9/11 Law After Veto Override - Bloomberg Politics

Lawmakers Fret Over Sept. 11 Bill a Day After Veto Override - NBC News

“I’d like to think that there’s a way we could fix [it] so that our service members do not have legal problems overseas, while still protecting the rights of the 9/11 victims,” said House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), who backed the bill in public statements though he did not cast a vote during Wednesday’s override.

Some lawmakers have advocated making changes to the measure during the post-election “lame duck” session, but Ryan said he didn’t know when the issue may be addressed.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday the law could have “unintended ramifications” and needed “further discussion.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:26 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,213 times
Quote:
How would I know what you "get" and what you don't? Why do you ask this question? Did somebody accuse you of not "getting it"?

On the off chance that you hit the question mark by mistake, do you think such a lawsuit would be mostly about money?

Old 09-30-2016, 10:34 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
You do realize that if you killed the breadwinner of the family who was say 32 years old making a 150K a year plus benefits, and you're left a widow with three kids under the age of 10 it's a major loss of income?

What if the compensation only gives you 10 years of income? You lost a lifetime, in addition to the personal loss of life.

As harsh as this sounds if someone driving hits and kills a child, that's better than killing a 45 year old doctor finance wise. Has to do with loss of potential earing loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies