Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think he took it too far?
Yes, he is a complete moron and should resign. 29 45.31%
No, Obama is a traitor to our country and should be held accountable. 13 20.31%
Who cares? This guy was expressing his First Amendment Rights 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 09:23 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times

Advertisements

A mayor in Pennsylvania is being urged to step down after posting a series of racist Facebook messages suggesting President Barack Obama should be lynched and depicting him and his family as orangutans.
Trends
Viral
The Republican mayor of West York borough Charles Wasko will be formally asked to resign Monday by the local council after the racist remarks sparked petitions and a public outcry.

Wasko’s remarks were made over several months but only came to the forefront in recent weeks as his posts attracted national attention.

Among the most controversial of the posts is a meme suggesting Obama should be lynched. The meme shows an image of Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with a noose hanging over his head, accompanied by the caption, “Barry, this rope is for you. You wanna bring that empty chair over here!”

This guy should have known better...

https://www.rt.com/usa/361328-obama-...-pennsylvania/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 10:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Eh, when one reaches a certain age less and less rip is given about what is said. A kind of what's the point of being PC anymore, I'm outta here.

I agree he should resign. It's not about personal views but more about a respect for the position and an upstanding tactfulness that comes with it.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:12 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
I'm a first amendment guy. Words don't hurt. We need to remember that and stop being babies.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Since his constituents apparently think he should resign, then I think yes, he probably should.

I don't think he has to resign though. He'd probably be within his rights to demand his constituents recall him, which if he loses would make him less popular than he already is. If he wins, OTOH, then he is free to continue making a jerk of himself in public, and (probably) drawing the attention of the Secret Service and/or the FBI, for threatening the life of the president.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A mayor in Pennsylvania is being urged to step down after posting a series of racist Facebook messages suggesting President Barack Obama should be lynched and depicting him and his family as orangutans.
Trends
Viral
The Republican mayor of West York borough Charles Wasko will be formally asked to resign Monday by the local council after the racist remarks sparked petitions and a public outcry.

Wasko’s remarks were made over several months but only came to the forefront in recent weeks as his posts attracted national attention.

Among the most controversial of the posts is a meme suggesting Obama should be lynched. The meme shows an image of Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with a noose hanging over his head, accompanied by the caption, “Barry, this rope is for you. You wanna bring that empty chair over here!”

This guy should have known better...

https://www.rt.com/usa/361328-obama-...-pennsylvania/

Oh, I bet they needed their safe space, after that trigger to lose self control was announced.
LOL! What a bunch of snowflakes.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:41 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
He absolutely took it way too far and very much so should resign.

There's not being "politically correct," and then there's being offensive and inappropriate for a public service position.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:19 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,438 times
It should be up to the people he reprsents. If they don't feel he represents their views anymore, then he should not be in office.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
He absolutely took it way too far and very much so should resign.

There's not being "politically correct," and then there's being offensive and inappropriate for a public service position.

Booo friggin Hoo!!

No one cares about your feelings, or your need for a safe space when triggered......
Don't vote for him when re-election time comes around. Oh, what is that? You don't live there.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 AM

5,175 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
It should be up to the people he reprsents. If they don't feel he represents their views anymore, then he should not be in office.
Agreed. The people of his town should be making the decision. Let them do a recall if that's how they feel.
Personally, if I lived there (and I don't), unless he made remarks that I didn't agree with while serving in the official capacity of Mayor, then I wouldn't give a hoot. What remarks he makes as a citizen are his, not those of the town. I may not vote for him again, but I wouldn't say he must resign because of them.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:18 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
he should get arrested- the SS needs to check his wording and see if made a viable threat against the president- 2- he is off his rocker- the president has days left in office? and 3- as a person holding office you never ever entice any form of violence- that's contradictory to the office which you hold -stupid man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies