Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,463,820 times

Advertisements

I'll repeat another story I've told here. A different town I'm adjacent to is quite small, with a small police force. A young black man worked in that town, took public transportation as far as he could, and walked he rest of the way to work. He was stopped so many times and asked over and over who he was, what he was doing, where he was going, that after a few months, he quit his job because he got tired of being hassled by the cops. I knew a white guy who lived close to work and walked the same damn path, going a bit further up the road. He did this for several years and was never stopped once.

You mean to tell me a police force with fewer than eight cops couldn't have spread the word that this man was simply walking to work?

By the way, young African American looked clean cut, whereas my buddy had quite the beard and looked a bit bummy at the time.

Come on. Let's stop pretending it happens to white people with the same frequency it does black people, or that it's because of a higher crime rate.

You know what percentage of teens are doing drugs and drinking now? I KNOW if teens start being randomly stopped for trumped up nonsense, most white people I know with teens will start whining about it and screaming about civil rights.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:19 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,272,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When the guy got on the phone and starting speaking ghetto, it set the cop off. It looks like the cop has PTSD from all time he spent policing the hood.
The cop got triggered with the words "cops harassing me". Liberalism is destroying America.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,486,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wrong on both accounts.

Based on what was said in the video, these cops did not just happen to be driving by and stopped to demand the guys "papers" [I know you are referencing the Nazi's with your comment].

I don't know about you, but if I witness someone in my neighbors yard trying to use a shovel to lift the closed garage door open(by the suspects own admission), I'd call the police as well. I'd assume you would want the same from your neighbors if someone were doing that to your home. Am I wrong in that assumption?
No, he's not referencing the Nazis. The cop in the video said "papers". I thought you watched the video?

A few times I have had to crawl through the mail chute at my parents house because they kept the screen door locked when they left. I'm amazed I can still get through that thing considering the weightt I've gained throughout the years but yeah, I can. Amazingly, the neighbors have never called the cops on me. Probably because I'm a white female.

Quote:
Granted his behavior was not over the top nor rude. Still he was non compliant in several instances, and despite this, the cops were cordial to him as well. It all went sideways when the guy called his friend asking for him to come over. Had he continued to sit on the porch and wait for the cops to clear him, most likely none of the escalation would have occurred.
He was compliant throughout the video. Again, watch the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

That male cop was so far over the line. His ego was ridiculous. He knew the guy was telling the truth. He acknowledged it when he said " yeah, people don't try to break into homes and then just sit on the porch"
Exactly. Apparently people posting on here didn't bother to watch the entire video. The guy did what was asked of him. He was on the porch basically the whole time other than when he demonstrated what he did with the shovel & when he walked off the steps to point out the neighbors & have the cops go ask the neighbors. But hey, he's a vicious thug who should've sat quietly & never utter a word.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,486,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The cop got triggered with the words "cops harassing me". Liberalism is destroying America.
What are you even talking about?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:28 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
No. Liberals won't accept that stereotypes are human nature.
Stereotypes are the results of weak minds.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Come on now, you think good police work is getting a call of a suspicious person potentially trying to get into a home with a shovel, and just leaving after the person in question gives him a name and says he belongs there?
Many a criminal will lie to the police. If they took the word of everyone who gave them a song & dance, few arrests would ever be made. Heck watch the show Cops to see how often people lie about who they are, what they are up to, etc., etc.

As to why prison tats would make a cop more suspicious, are you being intentionally obtuse?
We get posts like this one in every one of these threads. Where people either add stuff not in evidence or exclude things that were to try and justify the police actions.

He showed them I.D. that showed he lived there. When he did that it was time for them to leave. When he did that there was nothing for them to do. Even if he was breaking into the house he isn't going to admit that and they could never prove it.

Drive around the block a few times if you want, but leave him alone.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Ok, if you think losing not only his job, but his career (if I correctly understand what happened to him) is getting off easy, what would you propose happen to him for this one incident?
He should have been charged with assault. I would get charged with assault if I did what they did.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What are you even talking about?
It's a response to others painting entire groups as guilty earlier in the thread.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,711,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When Colin Kaepernick takes a knee, this is what he's doing it for.

When NFL ratings start to plummet, this forced political angle being shoved down people's throats is one of the reasons why. Do not bite the hand that is feeding you tens of millions of dollars.

How does the saying go..."if you don't like it, don't watch it"? Well guess what many folks are doing...

Old 10-02-2016, 10:51 AM

58,469 posts, read 26,794,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Someone called the police, OK. This guy produced an ID and the address that he was at was listed on the ID. That should have been the end of this dispatch. But no, the police escalated the situation because they are programmed to undervalue African Americans. This is much worse than racial profiling.. There's a systematic problem with ingrained bigotry and hate...
"the police escalated the situation because they are programmed to undervalue African Americans."

You REALLY do need to get a life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies