Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I am not red or blue. But, it boggles the mind when you actually speak to hardcore anti-gun people. They are not even misinformed they simply know nothing at all about firearms.

It's like someone who's never set foot outside of Brooklyn NY telling a farmer in Illinois what kind of seed to use when spring comes around. I guess these people would be funny were it not such a serious issue. Education on the issue is a dangerous thing to the left, eh?
What do you mean by "anti-gun"? Do you mean those who would ban guns among the public? Do you mean those who want more regulations like better background checks and magazine limits? Or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 09:48 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Lefties HATE guns because all that most of them know about guns is what they see on the news and in the wake of a mass shooting. They believe the media that just anyone can walk into a gun store or gun show and pick up a full automatic death machine designed to do nothing but kill.

I know people like this and what they lack is examples about the good that guns do all they see is the bad.
So you're talking about a small minority of lefties.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:58 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Perhaps they just don`t care to be shot in the back of the head at the movie theater or they might be troubled with seeing 20 second graders leave school in baggies. Gun folks are cool with this stuff but to each their own.
Great job of proving the OP point, that anti gun nuts are totally ignorant on the subject. You've done a stellar job of removing any doubt that you know anything about guns, or gun owners.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:01 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
"...gun fondlers..." the anti's just can't resist bringing SEX into the discussion!

"...regulations like better background checks..." Yeah, you bet, that recently passed "comprehensive background check" law in Washington State sure prevented that Cascade Mall shooter from killing anybody, didn't it? ALL firearms transfers in the State of Washington MUST have a background check done on the buyer!
Just like the law preventing teenagers from having guns prevented the South Carolina school shooting!

I have no problem with so-called "common sense" firearms regulations. BUT, to me, "common sense" means that such a regulation will do what it is supposed to do.
IMO, those who call for such regulations should have to post a $100,000 bond, payable to ANY victim of firearms violence that occurs AFTER the regulation goes into effect.
In other words, put your money where your mouth is. If your regulation will not PREVENT further acts of gun violence, it is NOT a common sense regulation!

Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Maybe Hunter's Safety should be taught in schools
It wouldn't hurt but anti gun nut liberals do everything they can to block real education about firearms in schools. The NRA has had the Eddie Eagle program for years to teach kids about firearm safety, but democrats won't allow it in schools. For example 2 schools in Houston (of all places!) canceled the program because it was run by the NRA. Houston Schools to Eddie the Eagle: FOAD - The Truth About Guns
I suppose the 'progressives' running the schools would rather have firearm safety taught by ignorant Hollywood stars than by people who actually know something about firearms.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:27 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Another thing people who have an emotional position love to do is throw out personal insults. My favorite are the ones the left uses to describe gun owners like the above mentioned "gun fondlers" .. they've got no other ammunition to use to actually logically counter their arguments. At least the anti-marijuana types try to use facts in their arguments and may even have some validity to some of their arguments, then again we might as well go and ban alcohol too then. I'm sure some of them would support that.

One thing I like to do is use arguments that rip on members of both parties at the same time to show that I'm not biased one way or the other.. I try to use common sense.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:32 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Cowardly gun nuts drooling for a race war squandered how much of their money? I doubt very much that Obama cares what gun fondlers do with their money but it`s possible that he joins me in having a good laugh.
My god you are ignorant about guns aren't you. The biggest new "face" of gun ownership is a minority or female. That should help you get to sleep.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:41 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
In only 2 posts the anti's have proven the thread title correct.

Anyone with a gun is ok with mass shootings...
...and a coward wanting a race war.
It would be laughable if it wasn't such a serious topic.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It wouldn't hurt but anti gun nut liberals do everything they can to block real education about firearms in schools. The NRA has had the Eddie Eagle program for years to teach kids about firearm safety, but democrats won't allow it in schools. For example 2 schools in Houston (of all places!) canceled the program because it was run by the NRA. Houston Schools to Eddie the Eagle: FOAD - The Truth About Guns
I suppose the 'progressives' running the schools would rather have firearm safety taught by ignorant Hollywood stars than by people who actually know something about firearms.
Eddie Eagle is all about creating future gun buyers. Joe Camel?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't care about your feelings - The gun owner
So your cool with second graders in body bags. Exactly what I said. Case closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies