Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think back then one could put it in the donations one did. For a few years now a person has to list each donation. Seriously, who would donate used underwear, one would assume those would be thrown away!

You should be asking how desperate were the Clintons for a write off of $2.00. No, the Clintons are down to giving used underwear to the poor!
The OP interjected " used" into the narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 06:47 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Did they deduct for the Blue Dress too..

Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Don't know I think they said used underwear.
Probably lip stick

Old 10-04-2016, 07:44 AM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
LMAO...You really need a better accountant then. Seriously that's the biggest load of you know what that I've heard in a long time. I've been in business for over 30 years and have taken every legal deduction possible and even the so called in home office deduction that they claim raises a red flag to the IRS and have never been audited. Between the business,personal and investments I'm sure mine are a little more complicated than yours so yes I do understand the concept.

Maybe Mr Trumps accountant could help you out.
Depends on the business. Try being a free lance photographer. They get it all the time. The guys working for a publication rarely do.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:50 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Getting desperate, you Trump supporters!

It's too bad these are old news because.... oh yes, the Clintons have been releasing their tax returns every single year going back decades!!!

You guys don't seem to "get" the issue here.

The issue isn't that Trump hasn't paid taxes for over a decade (possibly), the question is why is he trying to hide it????????????? What's in those tax returns that are so damaging????

In other words: What is Trump hiding??
no the question is why are liberals hypocrits. that's the only question.

Trump has been audited 12 times and is being audited now. He has not been dinged in those 12 audits even when he had a 1 billion loss.

If he has not paid taxes over some period of years, it is because he has followed the Tax law.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Anyone who has filed income taxes and has been audited knows you may feel totally correct in some deduction you took, but the IRS will say "no", when they review it. Happens all the time. Even my accountant, who used to work for the IRS, will tell me to take something as a legitimate deduction, but in the review it gets kicked back.

But, I realize that people who do not make enough to itemize would not understand this concept. (man, you guys are REALLY grasping at straws now...........you are down to underwear-gate ! )

Don
you sound exactly like someone who would write off you donated dirty underwear.

and yeah, we already know your name is don. it's right there in every post already.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
You are 100% correct. No different than the carrots that the MID and EIC are, or any other part of the code. I have never seen a study of carrot versus stick in the tax code, but I'd hazard a guess it is weighted on the carrot side; i.e., encouraging behavior or activity.

People who avail themselves of a certain provision are not good, nor bad, per se. They are just following the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are some slick ( as in oily) provisions for real estate developers within the code.

No loopholes. The code is intentional.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
In previous returns, when Mr. Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas and his wife was a partner in a Little Rock law firm, the Clintons had gone so far as to deduct $2 for underwear donated to charities. http://www.nytimes.com/clinton-taxes-laid-bare-line-by-linel

The Clintons took improper tax deductions for losses and expenses in the Whitewater land deals. Then, at the instruction of their attorney, in 1996 the Clintons had to amend their tax returns to pay IRS for the improper and excessive deductions related to Whitewater. The third time the president and first lady have acknowledged under-reporting their income taxes before they arrived in Washington.

The Clintons, and the MSM, have no shame. They took deductions for Bill’s used underwear and for improper and excessive Whitewater losses and expenses but now the Clintons, and their cheerleaders in the MSM, are questioning Trump’s deduction 20 years ago of a legitimate business loss

Reported by the New York Times
clintons-pay-back-taxes-stemming-from-whitewater
What's the liklihood that 2 posters would create 2 threads and interject that underwear was " used" ?

The Clintons have released 39 years of tax returns.

Trump has refused to release any of his returns/ amended returns.

What's he hiding?

Old 10-04-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Don't know I think they said used underwear.
They?

The OP interjected " used" to create a sensation.

Another poster did the same on the Election Forum. That thread was closed.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:01 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What's the liklihood that 2 posters would create 2 threads and interject that underwear was " used" ?

The Clintons have released 39 years of tax returns.

Trump has refused to release any of his returns/ amended returns.

What's he hiding?
nothing.

however we all know what dirtbag democrat Pols do when they get their hands on tax returns of rich republicans.

they shred them for making money and they create hatred and envy among less wealthy voters.

that's because democrats are hypocrites. democrat politicians don't care about truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies