Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 06:37 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

A comprehensive collection of politically incorrect facts about "peaceful" Islam.
https://www.politicalislam.com/reading-koran-op-ed/
Top seven themes of the Koran
1. All non-Muslims are bad just by virtue of not being Muslim. And for other reasons too

2. Non-Muslims deserve to be killed, taxed and forced to submit, simply because they are non-Muslim

3. Non-Muslims are going to hell

4. Christians are bad, Jews are really bad, Idolaters are the worst

5. Good Muslims finance holy war and if possible engage in it themselves

6. Heaven is a comfy and scenic banquet hall with beautiful women and boys, tasty drinks and lots of fountains.

7. Hell is fire with torture, and it goes on forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 06:43 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Qur'an, Hadith, Sunnah.

Educate yourself.

War, bigotry, bloodshed, and death.

Great.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
“We don’t have a solid motive other than an argument occurred between a father and his daughter,” said Lt. George Lichman with Rocky River Police.

You don't have to be a immigrant or a muslim to kill your own daughter. It happens too often, many times by church going Christians.

A Connecticut man was charged Monday in the fatal shooting of his 19-year-old daughter in New Bedford, and prior court documents outlined his history of violent threats against his estranged family over more than a decade.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...acL/story.html

TEXAS FATHER KILLS 4-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER

Texas Father Tarel Felder Kills 4-Year-Old Daughter

A woman in Texas shot her two teenage daughters – killing both of them
Texas woman shoots, kills 2 daughters | KFOR.com

None of the many (hundreds) occurrences that happen each year get any notice.

Of course, this is my all-time favorite, from a few years ago:

Beautiful' family slain hours after church by 'mentally ill' father who was tormented by the prospect of Obama winning the election

Pictured: The 'beautiful' family slain hours after church by 'mentally ill father tormented by the prospect of Obama winning the election' | Daily Mail Online

Mental illness, is equal opportunity disease.
And in my opinion, entrenched hatred is a mental illness.
You're really comparing a handful of sick individuals with an entire culture that accepts honor killings?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:53 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Islam is bad

Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Where is scientific evidence that girls reach puberty earlier in warm climates. Lots of nonsense.
So, I went to Google...

Found very little of substance. Some studies suggest it's true. Some suggest not. The best information I got on the topic in general is entirely unrelated to climate and states the sedentary lifestyles and increasing pollution may cause early puberty. As I said, some studies do assert that people reach puberty sooner in tropical climates (not sure if this includes the desert), though some studies also seem to suggest the exact opposite.

So the helpful takeaway is just understanding that child marriages, right or wrong now, were culturally acceptable in the past. And not just where Muhammad lived. Based on the common (and entirely incorrect) definition of 'pedophile' most of us use, like a grandparent or great grandparent of ours is a child molester. By our standards, Gandhi mistreated his wife and yet I sincerely doubt I've ever met anyone who's as good a human being as Gandhi. So I fail to see the point of getting mad a Muhammad for doing something that he was hardly alone in doing.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:59 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
So, I went to Google...

Found very little of substance. Some studies suggest it's true. Some suggest not. The best information I got on the topic in general is entirely unrelated to climate and states the sedentary lifestyles and increasing pollution may cause early puberty. As I said, some studies do assert that people reach puberty sooner in tropical climates (not sure if this includes the desert), though some studies also seem to suggest the exact opposite.

So the helpful takeaway is just understanding that child marriages, right or wrong now, were culturally acceptable in the past. And not just where Muhammad lived. Based on the common (and entirely incorrect) definition of 'pedophile' most of us use, like a grandparent or great grandparent of ours is a child molester. By our standards, Gandhi mistreated his wife and yet I sincerely doubt I've ever met anyone who's as good a human being as Gandhi. So I fail to see the point of getting mad a Muhammad for doing something that he was hardly alone in doing.
The problem with this line of thinking is that unlike Gandhi or any other person you want to compare to, Muhammad himself claimed to be a Prophet.

He gave his adherents his mutterings aka Quran, which says Muhammad is the perfect human being and an example for Muslims to follow for ALL times.

To be a good Muslim is to be like Muhammad.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:11 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The problem with this line of thinking is that unlike Gandhi or any other person you want to compare to, Muhammad himself claimed to be a Prophet.

He gave his adherents his mutterings aka Quran, which says Muhammad is the perfect human being and an example for Muslims to follow for ALL times.

To be a good Muslim is to be like Muhammad.
Not necessarily. Muhammad had 11 wives and the Koran says a Muslim can only take 4 wives, and he can't take another unless he can provide for her. So for many, the limit will always be one.

It's not quite as simple as emulate him. There are times when that works, but it's not a universal standard.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Not necessarily. Muhammad had 11 wives and the Koran says a Muslim can only take 4 wives, and he can't take another unless he can provide for her. So for many, the limit will always be one.

It's not quite as simple as emulate him. There are times when that works, but it's not a universal standard.
"Do as I say, not as I do."

Emulate him unless he tells you explicitly for certain circumstances not to do so.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:22 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Your the one who claimed they read it. I asked what language.

Since most of my family is Jewish (mother, wife and kids), I guess that would be my default religion.
Not sure what that has to do with the topic.
You are the one who brought it up. Look back at your previous responses to me. You talked about what you assumed my religion was, and then claimed not to care about it.

And you didn't ask what language. You said you hoped it was Arabic or the Hebrew translation. Because all of the other ones were wrong.

Dude, give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies