Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 05:16 PM

1,050 posts, read 506,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorryw View Post
Remember, Hitler took away the guns, too. Hillary follows Sol Alkinsky's philosophy of how to change a country's government into a communism-controlled country.
Oh please. Let's keep this discussion serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 05:18 PM

50,478 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
I have, but the 22LR doesn't have the muzzle velocity or range and we have to draw the line somewhere. We can't just ban all the common, familiar calibers.

Think about the huge backlash we would see if they tried to ban most guns. We can't get a million people out in the streets screaming for the public option, for jobs, to end the effects of Citizens United, or to stop the police from shooting unarmed citizens, but how many do you think would turn out if they wanted to ban most guns?
There are hundreds of rim fire cartridges that match center fire velocity and energy. The latest shooting in Washington was done with a 10-22. 4 dead. I can shoot all day with a single feed pump shotgun. You are starting to sound like someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. In a big way.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:21 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,382,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What does this mean "Hillary won't take your guns away?"
It means:
1) a liberal democrat is lying (again)
2) GOP will still control the Congress and she won't be able to do it.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,382,574 times
Quote:
I have, but the 22LR doesn't have the muzzle velocity or range and we have to draw the line somewhere. We can't just ban all the common, familiar calibers.
Doesn't have the muzzle velocity (I doubt you actually know what it is) or the range (again, doubt you know what it is) for what? Like most anti gun liberals you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and haven't done even 10 seconds of research.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:32 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,811,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
To be frank, Obama didn't lie on that account. Of course you can keep your doctor but he never said that's going to cost you. In his mind, you are more than welcome to pay out of your own pocket to keep your doctor or your insurance plan.
He did lie as he said we would save approx. $ 2500.....I only saw huge increases and I couldn't keep my plan as it was not in compliance with Obamacare.

Friends of mine who are not residents couldn't even keep their plan and they argued that they are foreigners so they didn't have to be in compliance with Obamacare and liked their plan but the health care provider told them due to Obamacare they wouldn't be able to offer these plans anymore so the had to switch too!

Old 10-03-2016, 05:34 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,962,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Then I some times want to eliminate the 1934 Gun Control Act and get the Federalies completely out of the gun regulation. Let the background checks go away as well. Then I could, as you suggest, be able to buy any weapon I want any time I want. I would also like to carry it anywhere I have a legal right to be. Eliminating the restrictions on sawed off shotguns and over 60 caliber pistols and rifles would be neat but why not suppressors as well. I am also not completely convinced this is a good idea.
The suppressor law is really stupid. I have to think it was written by people whose only knowledge of suppressors is from movies where it sounds like "pff pff pff".

Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,962,246 times
Quote:
I doubt it! Convince me. Tell me why.
You're comfortable letting the government determine your needs for you?

Old 10-03-2016, 05:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Quote:
I doubt it! Convince me. Tell me why.
I hold a Title III FFL and I do demos. A ten round mag last 1.5 seconds. A thirty round mag lasts longer. Plus I hate reloading. Besides I have hundreds of hicaps and I will sell them back to the gov at $10000 a mag.

No one will dictate what kind of mags I will own.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are hundreds of rim fire cartridges that match center fire velocity and energy. The latest shooting in Washington was done with a 10-22. 4 dead. I can shoot all day with a single feed pump shotgun. You are starting to sound like someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. In a big way.
Is that a challenge? Well here you go: you say "there are hundreds of rim fire cartridges that match center fire velocity and energy." And that is true. In fact, I can find a rimfire cartridge that provides more muzzle velocity than some center fire cartridge. So what? We were talking specifically about the 22LR and you sound like you just want to argue.

Next I expect you will "quote" me saying that you can't kill a person with a .22LR. Go look for an argument somewhere else. You're boring me.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Doesn't have the muzzle velocity (I doubt you actually know what it is) or the range (again, doubt you know what it is) for what? Like most anti gun liberals you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and haven't done even 10 seconds of research.
Up yours!! Go look into the actual conversation. I obviously was saying that the 22LR doesn't have the muzzle velocity or range of the .223. The muzzle velocity of the .223 varies by grains, brand, etc from maybe 2600 or so up to as much as 3400 or more. The .300 Winchester magnum has a muzzle velocity of around 3200 on the high end and is a choice gun for elk and bear.

And if you think I just took a few minutes to look this up and come back here, check the time stamp on my last post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies