Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 12:05 PM

27,190 posts, read 13,482,880 times

Advertisements

As an MI5 agent "Tom Marcus" (not his real name) risked his life for more than eight years, secretly tracking Islamic extremists on the streets of Britain. He helped stop numerous terrorist attacks and was very nearly killed, indeed some of his colleagues did lose their lives. However such events have led to Post Traumatic Stress, and he has now had to adjust to life outside of the Security Service MI5.

Tom has now been given permission by MI5 to talk about his experiences and was recently interviewed by both the BBC and Sky News.

The MI5 spy who saved children from a UK bomb attack - BBC News

Home | MI5 - The Security Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky News

On another occasion, Tom was part of an MI5 team tracking a suspected Islamist terrorist. He sat outside a London mosque during evening prayers.

He said: "It was chucking it down and I was dressed as a tramp, pretending to ask for change, my own clothes soaked in my own urine to compliment that cover.

"There were more woman worshippers that had left the mosque than had gone in, so I alerted the team that there was a possibility he had changed his appearance."

The suspect had changed into a burka and was pretending to be a woman. Following him, the MI5 team called in a Special Forces unit to arrest the terrorist. Two Range Rovers slammed into the suspect's car.

"As the team came in incredibly quick in the Range Rovers (and) dragged him out of the car, they found weapons and pipe bombs in the boot and his planned target was the very next day because this was all at night.

"To be waiting for a couple of coach loads of children returning from a trip to France and he was going to kill them, the teachers and the parents."

MI5 agent posing as beggar saved children from terrorist attack - Sky News

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-04-2016 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 12:12 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Unfortunately Islamophilic Democrats are firmly on their side.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:22 PM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
I saw that on the news, it's fascinating. Great work.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:41 PM

The fact that this Islamic Fundamentalist saw school children as a legitimate target tells you everything you need to know about such people, they are the scum of the earth.

I bet the SAS weren't exactly gentle when their armoured Range Rovers slammed in to his car and they dragged him out.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Not tracking how/ why this guy ended up flipping burgers.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:42 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's covered in the article. He has a long gap in his work history he can't explain (secrecy rules) and skills he can't discuss. Unfortunately it sounds as if his government doesn't go a better job of taking care of their heroes than ours does.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He left the service due to PTSD and was clearly very effected by the work, in terms of his CV there was a gap, although I am not sure why he didn't just put that he worked for the Home Office as a Civil Servant, as MI5 is a Home Office Department, the other agencies MI6 and GCHQ are part of the Foreign Office.

He has written a book know called Soldier Spy under the name Tom Marcus and MI5 have looked at the contents and given him the okay to publish it, so it looks like he might have a future as a writer.

I wish him well in his future career, and I am very grateful to him and other like him in agecies in other countries who help keep us as safe as they possible can.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Unfortunately Islamophilic Democrats are firmly on their side.
Yes, people don't realize how many resources, money and lives are being spent just trying to suppress Islamism that the liberals want to keep bringing in. Why???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies