Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 08:45 PM

35,062 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
of couse but only due to the entitlement of their child.

If you wanted to waste some money you could appoint a public administrator.
My belief is that if the parents are faced with the choice of leaving the country with or without their baby most will take them home. Most won't take the trouble to come here if they know that giving birth will draw immediate and effective law enforcement attention.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The funny part is that in real life I rarely run across these people. Maybe they keep their opinions to themselves in public. The internet and social media have empowered people to express things and say things that they wouldn't usually say in person...
Between things I read in the news and things I occasionally hear coming out of the mouths of a few people, I've seen racism expressed almost daily. And once in a while I've gotten looks and, a "What are you looking at" and been called a racist both here and in real life. The latter has happened when terminating someone I hired and promoted in the first place, but ooookkkkaaayyyy.

A lot of anger out there. The internet is a safe place to let that out no matter how wrong and misdirected it is. So no, you're not going to have people confront you in person.

And I honestly think some of us say things here not because we're racist but because one person goaded us and we took the bait. We're lashing out at an individual we allowed to bring out the worst in us vs people who consistently post to race bait.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
That has nothing to do with immigration, though. Freeloaders are bad, of course but immigrants are generally not freeloaders. They have higher workforce participation, lower crime, and much greater entrepreneurship than Americans at large. Almost every economist agrees that immigrants are a net economic positive for the country, and limiting immigration (whether legal or illegal) would harm the U.S. economically.

Undocumented immigrants are probably even a bigger net economic positive, as they pay taxes, but are generally ineligible for most benefits. They're paying into social security and most benefit programs, but cannot access such programs. And undocumented immigrants have lower rates of crime than even legal immigrants (which makes sense, as you would be pretty stupid to commit a crime when you know it will likely destroy your family's life and get you deported).

Economists are basically globalists and are lying. Especially when they use the word plain ole word "immigrant" to describe both legal immigrants and illegal aliens. They and many others with a vested interest in flooding our border with foreigners love to blur those lines. How are they paying into SS if not by using a fake or stolen SS number? Those are felonies (a crime). Oh, cry me a river if they don't get everything back from their illegally earned wages.

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

http://www.fairus.org/news/illegal-i...n-u-s-taxpayer

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431 | Washington Examiner

Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We

Old 10-06-2016, 09:04 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Economists are basically globalists and are lying.
No offense, but if you reject reality, there's no reason to go any further with the conversation. There is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

You've exposed yourself as a pretty fringe radical, if you completely dismiss the entire field of economics, and all attendant opinions, from far right, to far left. It's pretty tinfoil stuff (and I'm guessing you're a hardcore Trump supporter).

You can't respond to "all economists agree on X" by saying "all economists are lying". I mean, you can say that, of course, but it makes as much sense as me saying "the world is flat", "I am a two-headed dragon", "the planet is 2 years old" or something. It's based on absolutely nothing, and is completely impossible logistically.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
No offense, but if you reject reality, there's no reason to go any further with the conversation. There is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

You've exposed yourself as a pretty fringe radical, if you completely dismiss the entire field of economics, and all attendant opinions, from far right, to far left. It's pretty tinfoil stuff (and I'm guessing you're a hardcore Trump supporter).

You can't respond to "all economists agree on X" by saying "all economists are lying". I mean, you can say that, of course, but it makes as much sense as me saying "the world is flat", "I am a two-headed dragon", "the planet is 2 years old" or something. It's based on absolutely nothing, and is completely impossible logistically.

There is no reality in these basically leftist, economist's opinions. As I said they even blur the lines between legal and illegal. Let me guess, you're a hard core Hillary supporter and want amnesty for illegal aliens in spite of the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs to them. What part of illegal don't you get anyway?

Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
AWhy do you continue with the lie that Trump is anti-"immigrant"?
Again, you are just spouting absolute nonsense.

We know Trump is anti-immigrant because that's the whole theme of his campaign. That's the whole focus of his hardcore supporters.

How do we know Trump is anti-immigrant? He told us he was anti-immigrant, repeatedly, in almost every speech.

1. His signature campaign announcement speech was almost 100% an anti-immigrant speech, including calling Mexicans "rapists" and "murderers".

2. He has repeatedly insulted/mocked ethnic and racial minorities. He has called Latina American women "housekeepers", he has repeatedly been investigated/sued for racial discrimination, he has even lashed out at Muslim parents of dead American servicemen.

3. He has explicitly called for a blanket ban on all Muslim immigrants, and warned that other religions could be targeted. If that isn't anti-immigrant, nothing is.

4. He has explicitly called for a blanket ban on all immigrants who come from countries "that don't effectively fight terrorism". That would essentially give him carte blanche to ban immigrants from any country of his choosing.

5. He has explicitly called for a "loyalty test" for immigrants, something unprecedented in civilized societies, but common to racist regimes like Nazi Germany and the like. No one owes any loyalty to anyone to be a positive contributor to society.

6. He has called for a giant wall between the U.S. and Latin America, and even claimed that foreign countries would pay for this fantasy wall. Total silly idiocy, and completely illegal and impractical, and would do nothing to stop immigration (legal or illegal) but he's just saying this nonsense to get the bigot vote.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
There is no reality in these basically leftist, economist's opinions.
I know you believe that, that's your right. You have a blanket rejection of reality.
Quote:
As I said they even blur the lines between legal and illegal.
Yes, because I believe in data and science, not racism. Legal and undocumented immigrants are both positive net economic contributors to society. There is no disputing this.

And it's Trump who makes no distinction between the two. He's anti-immigrant, not anti-illegal immigrant.

If Trump were only anti-illegal immigrant then he would obviously support Obama's plan to fix the problem, which has been blocked for the last 8 years by hardcore nuts in Congress who want the "illegal" issue kept alive so they can brainwash bigoted voters.
Quote:
Let me guess, you're a hard core Hillary supporter and want amnesty for illegal aliens in spite of the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs to them. What part of illegal don't you get anyway?
Yes, I'm a hardcore Hillary supporter, given the frightening alternative.

And no one wants blanket amnesty for illegal aliens, you made that up. Obama has deported more undocumented immigrants than any President in history.

And immigrants add jobs, they don't remove them. If you deported all immigrants, you will have a much poorer America with fewer jobs.

The wealthiest, most economically dynamic parts of the U.S. have the most immigrants. The poorest, most backward parts of the U.S. have the fewest immigrants. NY and CA (THE immigrant hotbeds, legal and illegal) are the richest and most successful places on earth; Mississippi and West Virginia (with basically no immigrants) are the poorest places in the U.S.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Again, you are just spouting absolute nonsense.

We know Trump is anti-immigrant because that's the whole theme of his campaign. That's the whole focus of his hardcore supporters.

How do we know Trump is anti-immigrant? He told us he was anti-immigrant, repeatedly, in almost every speech.

1. His signature campaign announcement speech was almost 100% an anti-immigrant speech, including calling Mexicans "rapists" and "murderers".

2. He has repeatedly insulted/mocked ethnic and racial minorities. He has called Latina American women "housekeepers", he has repeatedly been investigated/sued for racial discrimination, he has even lashed out at Muslim parents of dead American servicemen.

3. He has explicitly called for a blanket ban on all Muslim immigrants, and warned that other religions could be targeted. If that isn't anti-immigrant, nothing is.

4. He has explicitly called for a blanket ban on all immigrants who come from countries "that don't effectively fight terrorism". That would essentially give him carte blanche to ban immigrants from any country of his choosing.

5. He has explicitly called for a "loyalty test" for immigrants, something unprecedented in civilized societies, but common to racist regimes like Nazi Germany and the like. No one owes any loyalty to anyone to be a positive contributor to society.

6. He has called for a giant wall between the U.S. and Latin America, and even claimed that foreign countries would pay for this fantasy wall. Total silly idiocy, and completely illegal and impractical, and would do nothing to stop immigration (legal or illegal) but he's just saying this nonsense to get the bigot vote.

WTH is wrong with you? Trump's campaign platform is not about "immigrants" it's about illegal aliens and you know it! He said that many Mexican "illegals" are rapists, etc. He wasn't speaking of legal immigrants from Mexico! Mexico doesn't send legal immigrants they come on their own with papers in hand. They are however, encouraging their poor citizen to come here illegally.

There is nothing anti-"immigrant" about wanting to vet Muslims more adequately before allowing any more in. It's about the safety of this country not racism.

FYI, congress has already approved a 700 mile wall on the most porous areas of our southern border. Something tells me you wouldn't even want that wall to be built and yes, there are ways to make Mexico help pay for it. Walls are a deterrant! I am not even going to address the rest of your spinning of the truth. What's your vested interest in illegal immigration and again what part of illegal don't you get? Are you a law abiding citizen of this country or something else?

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
No, they don't. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are Latinos, especially from Mexico, and the anti-immigrant sentiment used by Trump is clearly designed to get the nativist/bigot vote.

A. We don't have a "huge and costly illegal alien problem"; that's a fabricated claim by Trump and his racist supporters.

B. I'm fairly certain that the Supreme Court understands the Constitution better than you. There is no "issue" with birthright in the U.S.

You're a resident, but not a citizen. Why you're so invested in this cause is beyond me.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
It's not a term I "prefer". It's the immigration law term for them. Undocumented is a made up PC term for illegal aliens by liberals and ethnocentrics who want to call attention away from their illegal law breaking.

Deportable Alien - FindLaw

Legal, permanent residents are subject to our full jurisdiction. Illegal aliens are not.
The source you cite indicates there is no such legal term as "illegal alien"

I think you just shot yourself in the foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies