Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 07:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

We could just let the drug abusers meet their fate. In this day and age no one can claim they didn't know the dangers of doing drugs especially narcotics. Darwin gets the win. I don't mean to be heartless, but quite honestly I have no sympathy for anyone dumb enough to do drugs knowing the end result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 08:09 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Because they see legalization going the way of alcohol, which causes far more problems than illegal drugs. Otherwise LEOs generally support decriminalization, but not legalization, though there is no strong polling on drugs outside marijuana.

The exception to supporting criminalization over legalization is marijuana legalization, where law enforcement officers actually have stronger support for legalization than the general population of Americans. They especially have far strong support for legalization for personal use.

PoliceOne conducts an annual poll among police officers on the topic. The first year in 2009, 26% of officers supported decriminalization or legalization. By 2014, 66% of LEOs supported legalization or decriminalization, compared to 54% of the American population (Pew poll same year). In 2015, PoliceOne eliminated the decriminalization part completely, and 43% of officers favored outright legalization and another 12% favored legalization with restrictions (e.g. medical). That last part is particularly interesting, because of those American who favor legalization, the vast majority favor medical marijuana only while LEOs are the opposite. I suspect this is because LEOs do not want to deal with the legalities of medical cards too and would rather eliminate that with outright legalization.
Also, as a last part on that, LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) has 150,000 members. While that obviously includes retired officers and other non-LEO people in law enforcement, you still have to compare that number against the 750,000 sworn officers.
Thank you. That makes sense.

Makes more sense than people who claim to be a cop making illogical posts that legalization will somehow be to their benefit and make them rich while at the same being vehemently against it.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I am surprised that people think LE have a "personal" agenda in regard to enforcing laws.
The root of the war on drugs belongs to congress and the states. The politicians are the source of budgets and instructions to LE. Governors, mayors are behind it, not the individual officer.
I agree. But the individual actions of some cops goes way beyond what the politicians have requested. Sodomizing a suspect is an individual cop action, not congress.

And LE has huge latitude when it comes to which laws to enforce and how vigorously they will enforce those laws.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
My job is uber secure..don't be jealous..you could have applied too...
I seriously doubt that anyone on this board is jealous of a drug warrior.

Quote:
Except
You can't be a crook and you can't use drugs... And there's that pesky background and polygraph...
Hmmm.... probably 99.9% of all cops use drugs.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We could just let the drug abusers meet their fate. In this day and age no one can claim they didn't know the dangers of doing drugs especially narcotics. Darwin gets the win. I don't mean to be heartless, but quite honestly I have no sympathy for anyone dumb enough to do drugs knowing the end result.
We already do that for 90% of all drugs.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:25 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I seriously doubt that anyone on this board is jealous of a drug warrior.

Hmmm.... probably 99.9% of all cops use drugs.
Prove it...

Less than a percent of any given department comes back with a positive for a drug test
Steroids..legal and illegal drugs..any drug that alters mentation is prohibited.if you're on prescription opiod drugs,psych drugs, any drug that affects coordination you are required by policy to divulge. If you come back with illegal drugs you are immediately terminated. If you are taking legal drugs your gun is taken and you are assigned a non public contact position until you are cleared for full duty

I'm sure you'll find articles of scumbag dopers who hold a badge...hopefully not for long

Btw...marijuana is an automatic termination..thank God...

We random test by some magical computer algorithm or for cause..or anytime there is a death or serious injury accident...

I guess I should thank all the dopers. ...their addictions are going to pay for my vacation cabin

So your...probably throw away line...doesn't square with reality in the big picture

Old 10-06-2016, 06:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Thank you. That makes sense.

Makes more sense than people who claim to be a cop making illogical posts that legalization will somehow be to their benefit and make them rich while at the same being vehemently against it.
Leap is a fringe organization ...it has 100000 shills and a couple of thousand that identify themselves as connected to law enforcement in tbe past...and very few current..that's spread out over 150 countries. political climbers and non street cops

Who knows how inflated their numbers are...definitely not a voice of the majority of street coppers

Op...I'm sure I'll get very familiar with civil asset forfeiture... So I'll report back in a year what it really looks like with doper scofflaws

Al Capone was taken down by taxes...will marijuana be far behind

Take me for example..I now work for a state agency...guess what my focus is... Bingo..

Why..because "you"..the generic doper you..wanted more drugs..

Didn't "you" say tax it..how much it will benefit us... well sports fans... One effect is that people like me get hired to develop policies for people like "you" I feel almost guilty getting such a salary

I'm sure it pains "you"...

Successes
Granny twelve plant law
MIS system development and integration...currently being adopted by a number of California counties

And now... well.."you'll" figure it out over time...could have stayed with the MIS system for another year or go big...pulled the switch last week...yippee..feeling energized to benefit all citizens of California

Thanks for the check(well when the first pay period is over and I see that direct deposit)..and the vacation cabin payments...I'll have it all paid off and ride off into the sunset. Man..you cannot believe the salvation of Sacramento at this funding stream... It was like being at a revival meeting pumping everyone up.

I will get to stay in the northern half of California... But the travel is doable and the accomodations and travel on the dopers dime...well actually it's the taxpayers so I won't be going to any five star accomodations..that's ok
.we can stay at military bases and state housing for free

"You" will still be smoking...

No war..just regulation upon regulation and taxation up the wazoo...and since people who use drugs aren't reliable someone has to get that money for the state...and support me in the lifestyle I like. ..

It's like Robin Hood... Take from the evil drug doers and give to tbe people who actually do good...

Now..if 64 doesn't pass I'll still pay for that cabin...but its so much more satisfying knowing that drug money will do so in some small way

Don't worry granny twelve plant violators I don't want you...ill be the major player crew
Granny twelve planters gets a code resource officer and a policeman to cite

I'll be going for the big money...and theres plenty of it out there...

Logical enough even for potheads?..or is further explanation necessary?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-06-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 10-06-2016, 06:43 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That is my opinion as well. I have a problem wasting LEO resources and taxpayer money trying to protect ignorant people from their own stupidity. I would legalize it all. Let those that want to abuse, do so. Darwin will address the problem pretty quickly and we can move on to more important things. Only thing is-if we legalize the crap, I don't want to see ANY taxpayer money wasted on "rehabilitation" either. You choose to abuse-live with the consequences.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:38 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't I enrichen myself...legally..drug dealers do...

My job is uber secure..don't be jealous..you could have applied too...

Except
You can't be a crook and you can't use drugs... And there's that pesky background and polygraph...

I feel very satisfied and look forward to a quick couple of years
LMAO-thanks for the laugh. Cops can be some of the worst kinds of people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
But it is not really their war. They are being pressured to "do their job". I do think you have a point but I do not think the officers are the ones to blame.
This is true-I have met many Cops completely opposed to the destructive War on "Drugs" but there are monetary incentives (Department funding/bonuses, civil asset forfeiture, etc) that keeps the dog chasing it's tail. Laws must be changed and as soon as possible. The DEA should be disbanded.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:04 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
This is true-I have met many Cops completely opposed to the destructive War on "Drugs" but there are monetary incentives (Department funding/bonuses, civil asset forfeiture, etc) that keeps the dog chasing it's tail. Laws must be changed and as soon as possible. The DEA should be disbanded.
It does not matter what the evil Du Jour is, there will always be economic incentives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies