Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 07:57 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,100,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
To "know" this you must watch FOX.

So, you waste your time watching non decent talking heads.

Why?
Sometimes I tune in to see what nonsense the other side is being feed... It's eyeopening...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,452,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Maddow stated a few days ago that Bush signed and passed Nafta I know better. It was Bill Clinton.
She was referring to Bush 1.

NAFTA was his pet project under Reagan. He did the ceremonious signing, subject to approval by Congress while POTUS.

He lost the reelection and Clinton picked up the torch.

Most Republicans fully supported it. The Democrats ( unions), not so much.

Had Clinton vetoed it, there is no doubt Bush 2 would have signed it. Congress approved and Bush 2 expanded free trade agreements from 3 to 16 during his terms.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-06-2016 at 08:07 PM..

Old 10-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
She's a pig....
And not interesting whatsoever
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, there is no comparing Kelly with Madow (I call her, "Madcow"). Megyn Kelly is smart. Maddow is not. Megyn Kelly is an attorney. I don't know what Maddow's claim to fame is. She's an idiot. One of the stupidest women in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is wonderful. I am sick of looking at her. Kelly mows over guests who want to talk and she is hell bent on being an ego driven broad . She isn't fit to be a woman.
Your adjectives say more about you than your intended targets.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 PM

21,394 posts, read 10,439,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Actually it's the other way around. I became curious why he went after her. I was also impressed that she seemed to be standing up for women which Fox never does.
How is that different than what I said? You opened your mind to her when she went after Trump, right? It doesn't matter that his comments were what brought you to take a closer look.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She was referring to Bush 1.

NAFTA was his pet project under Reagan. He did the ceremonious signing, subject to approval by Congress while POTUS.

He lost the reelection and Clinton picked up the torch.

Most Republicans fully supported it. The Democrats ( unions), not so much.

Had Clinton vetoed it, there is no doubt Bush 2 would have signed it. Congress approved and Bush 2 expanded free trade agreements from 3 to 16 during his terms.
Clinton never threatened to veto NAFTA. He actively supported it and sold it to the American people. Why do you think he had his Vice President debate Ross Perot about it? Who could forget that giant sucking sound (bite)?

Old 10-06-2016, 09:29 PM

7,914 posts, read 5,728,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Clinton never threatened to veto NAFTA. He actively supported it and sold it to the American people. Why do you think he had his Vice President debate Ross Perot about it? Who could forget that giant sucking sound (bite)?
Wait a second......Lewinsky was in that debate??

The things you learn on C-D these days never ceases to amaze me.

And you're right, Bill Clingon never threatened to veto NAFTA. This worthless piece of legislation will be that stain on Clinton's blue dress of a presidency.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:13 PM

15,805 posts, read 6,867,573 times
Quote:
How is that different than what I said? You opened your mind to her when she went after Trump, right? It doesn't matter that his comments were what brought you to take a closer look.
No, because I never thought she went after him. She was asking questions any good journalist would, should. I just don't expect that from Fox people, where even the smart women play dumb. Like Gretchen did.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:27 PM

15,805 posts, read 6,867,573 times
Quote:
Do you have trouble reading? Nobody has said Clinton ever threatened to veto NATO.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Picking up the torch means he supported it, as did Bush 1 who negotiated and signed it ( subject to the approval of Congress). Bush 2, created more free trade agreements than any other POTUS and Congress bought into them all.

A primary reason why Mexico is an ideal place for manufacturing is that Mexico has more free trade agreements with the rest of the world than any other country.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
No, because I never thought she went after him. She was asking questions any good journalist would, should. I just don't expect that from Fox people, where even the smart women play dumb. Like Gretchen did.
That's because you don't watch. It wasn't hard to believe Megyn Kelly would ask that question, and most of the women on Fox are not dumb. That's just your perception. Most of the women there are lawyers, and they don't let dumb people into law school or pass the bar exam. And Gretchen probably is not one of them. She strikes me as not very smart, but she was smart enough to get out of there and blow the whistle on the harassment.

Last edited by katygirl68; 10-06-2016 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies