Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 11:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obviously, this criminal was in the wrong. Hopefully he gets what he has coming to him... But I don't stand idly by while people like this take cheap shots at all black folks. Not going to happen on my watch buddy...
Yet you have no problem taking cheap shots at white folks. My how noble of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 PM

39 posts, read 25,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I don't get why the killer being black is so important that it needs to be in the threads title? It's kind of bizarre.

An officer was murdered. That should be the main point, unless the killing was racially motivated, and as of yet there is no evidence that's the case.
The original poster put that in to justify the killings of black men by police. In fact that was the entire point of this ridiculous thread. The original poster is just some hateful lonely person who wants a race war.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Truth is hard for some to take

Sergeant Steve Owen was killed by a parolee who happened to be black... The color didn't kill him the man did..
Then why did you mention his color in the thread title? And keep mentioning his color, again, and again, and again? I have to be honest, I never thought you were a racist. A law and order conservative, of course. I get that you come by that honestly, I've always given you a pass for that. This thread, however, is just wrong. The racist rhetoric is disturbing, and you are taking the slain officers death way too personally. Are people only human to you if they are Law Enforcement? To bad, you should be able to see how the loved ones of people like Walter Scott who was murdered in cold blood by an officer in uniform, could protest over the fact. The poster who mentioned Chris Dorner wasn't far off at all. If a white officer was shot everyday till the end of this year it wouldn't even up the balance of the number of black men that have been shot and killed by white officers since the beginning of this year. Most years white cops kill ten black men for every one of them that is shot by a black man. I guess even those lopsided statistics are too much for you. Awww. Lets everybody say awww.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:25 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
HIS LIFE MATTERS! Not some mindless thug that has spent his useless life preying on innocent people.

We need to fix our joke of a revolving door justice system. Criminals need to be locked up for long sentences in order to protect the public. Playing catch and release is getting far too many innocent people killed. We need to stand up to criminals, not feel sorry for them. If you're a "protected class" the thought of prison is a joke. Odds are you won't spend a day behind bars for the first several times you are actually caught, and if you do it will be for a short time.
X2. Throw away the key!!! Black, white, yellow, or green. These animals are not being rehabilitated. We need criminal justice reform to take these thugs and gangs off the streets for good. Too many innocent people dying.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:50 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Then why did you mention his color in the thread title? And keep mentioning his color, again, and again, and again? I have to be honest, I never thought you were a racist. A law and order conservative, of course. I get that you come by that honestly, I've always given you a pass for that. This thread, however, is just wrong. The racist rhetoric is disturbing, and you are taking the slain officers death way too personally. Are people only human to you if they are Law Enforcement? To bad, you should be able to see how the loved ones of people like Walter Scott who was murdered in cold blood by an officer in uniform, could protest over the fact. The poster who mentioned Chris Dorner wasn't far off at all. If a white officer was shot everyday till the end of this year it wouldn't even up the balance of the number of black men that have been shot and killed by white officers since the beginning of this year. Most years white cops kill ten black men for every one of them that is shot by a black man. I guess even those lopsided statistics are too much for you. Awww. Lets everybody say awww.
Very very sick

You might want to do a little research to be more accurate in what you say

Go Google
Police killed 2016

Then
Google UNJUSTIFIED. Killing of black men by police 2016

Use a legitimate source

I think you will find a profound apology is in order

More information you arent privy to;

Steve was executed...shot a laying there the suspect shot him in the head

The fact the suspect is black is only a fact... The motivation or lack thereof involving his color is unknown to us

Police haters automatically post the color of every black man killed by police adding an immediate racial component...happens on here daily..including the same usual social justice warriors posting here

When the fact gets posted..and it's simple fact ...it's wrong?...

I see...

As an aside... Most of these same people are highly pro drug and anti government

The same government sending them their public assistance check every month

That's my unscientific read...and why we HAVE A PROBLEM.. in our country

I'm just waiting to hear this pos background...how he was abused as a child..didn't have a daddy..ate Twinkies used drugs.. got talked to sternly by his teacher..when he actually went to school..why he was a stone crook..a scumbag burglar..a murderer...

I can't ask Steve what he wants for the world..and how he felt improving it for others

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-07-2016 at 07:23 AM..

Old 10-07-2016, 06:55 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrernal333 View Post
The original poster put that in to justify the killings of black men by police. In fact that was the entire point of this ridiculous thread. The original poster is just some hateful lonely person who wants a race war.

Exactly what I would expect from those who lack any insight or ability to be introspective

Exactly what to expect from persons who see the world myopically..never look in a mirror..lack empathy

Steve was huge in his community..want to be spoon fed...Google is your friend...

Ktla seven did a article on him.. the reporter..black if it matters...was Steve's good friend and workout partner... He couldn't get through the report without crying..I suggest you google it..

Perhaps it might open a file for people who have shark eyes...dead inside

Rip Steve

We do not forget..green and tan...

Strengthens resolve

Old 10-07-2016, 06:58 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Given the disrespect and hatred being whipped up against law enforcement officers in this country, I would not let a loved one pursue this career. The job is too dangerous.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
White people are still way ahead black people when it comes to murders/rapes/etc...against people of other races throughout history. Black people will need more Christopher Dorners to catch up. Many more.
To be fair; there are about 6 times as many anglo white people in the US compared to Blacks and "Hispanics", So I'm gonna say out of 100 from each group, there are MORE at least violent "people of color" perps. Period. Hell; even many Hispanic people are also "white".

Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly-murders are going unsolved at record rates-despite technological advances in DNA/forensics and the fact murders and violent crime are at all time lows-because Police Departments spend all their time and resources chasing after non-violent "criminals". Many with multiple non-violent convictions will serve life sentences, while murderers and rapists walk free after 7.

End the War on "Drugs" so Police can actually do their job.

RIP to the Sergeant-too bad an internet troll had to politicize your name while showing their racial biases.
Raid! National Guard, State Police descend on 81-year-old’s property to seize single pot plant

Raid! National Guard, State Police descend on*81-year-old

Can anyone argue that we are using our law enforcement funds in a sane and rational way? I condemn poor police actions all the time BUT I support locking violent criminals up for as long as need be to keep them from harming others but the complaints are always how we can't afford to hold them.

We can't afford it because we are doing stupid things like above. What does it cost to send out the National Guard over some pot plants?

Stop the police from stopping people over stupid things like a broken tail light trying to find a little pot and get them onto the streets investigating actual criminal actions. Even then, we have to demand they do it legally.

It's long been my opinion that if people weren't being harassed over the small stuff that they would be more willing to help with the big stuff.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I would tend to agree but the problem is that in many of these cases violent crimes were plea bargained down to non violent offenses. As long as that would be addressed then I am on that side of the argument.
Why? It's cheaper. We are paying a public defender and that gets expensive for cities. Let's pay them for the 30 bad cases while not bothering at all with the 70 worthless cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies