Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 02:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos37 View Post
The fact that Trump thinks he can save the economy with a protectionist model of economics shows he is clueless about economics, and so are his supporters. What is lacking from the Trump campaign are actual details. I mean he's offering hope and change, and making a ton of promises. I wonder where we've heard that before? hmmm..

I can't believe people still fall for the okie doke.
In regards to "intelligent" political leanings, I am of the same opinion as the poster above and especially in regards to the red.

I actually do invest in the markets and I know for a fact that Trump's stances on trade and protectionist economics is a threat to me as an investor. I will lose money if he is elected just because his ideas freak out other investors (for good reason) and the markets would tank, even if just in the short term, I don't want to see any huge losses in my accounts.

His supporters, as stated by a huge amount of media outlets, are primarily working class people who are uneducated. They, I'm sure, do not invest in the markets and so would not be directly affected by market fluctuations due to Trump's election. They also seem to think that those of us who are middle class and who invest are "elite" in some way when we are not. I invest for my retirement, hoping to retire early. I don't want to mess with the system now that it has stablized under Obama. HRC wouldn't cause the fluctuations that Trump would in my investment accounts so she is getting my vote. IMO voting for my bottom line is "smart."

Unlike Trump thinks, as a black person who lives in the "inner city" I actually do not live in "hell." I don't want my teenage son stopped and frisked and his rights violated like Trump supports, my kids go to "good schools" and not bad schools. I'm not indicative of the negatives he sees of black people nor this woman's opinion. I can respect her opinion and disagree with her because I have reasons for my vote that she is not considering and that Trump doesn't seem to think that black people even know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 03:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Better than voting for the tax cheat, serial fraud, and pathologically narcissistic con man who has declared bankruptcy five times and yet somehow, continues to have an undeserved reputation as a "successful businessman" who has "created thousands of jobs." I guess he's been successful at creating jobs for prosecutors and defense attorneys.

Also: "More muslim strangers", "Illegals running amok" - so this is about irrational fears and base prejudices, not reality. Good to know!

Enjoy voting for the sleazy opportunist who pretends to care about you - but careful what you wish for...
Nothing irrational. Illegals are bad. Muslim nutters are bad

Old 10-07-2016, 03:30 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Then you're basically making assumptions and generalizations about me, too. That, in turn, makes you a closed-minded person.

I am who I am, which is me. You seriously don't know me, nor do I want you to know since you've just put your foot in your mouth. Hopefully your toe jam is delicious.
If you vote for Killary you are for these things.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:08 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If you vote for Killary you are for these things.
Are you done with your shaming tactics?

Who I vote for is none of your business. I suggest you do well to remember that before you launch ad hominem attacks on my character.

How's that toe jam tasting?

Old 10-07-2016, 06:45 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
She is not exceptional in intelligence.
Of course she is.

She may not be a genius. But, she is no dummy.

There are loads of people who would benefit from the same level of intelligence she apparently possesses.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In regards to "intelligent" political leanings, I am of the same opinion as the poster above and especially in regards to the red.

I actually do invest in the markets and I know for a fact that Trump's stances on trade and protectionist economics is a threat to me as an investor. I will lose money if he is elected just because his ideas freak out other investors (for good reason) and the markets would tank, even if just in the short term, I don't want to see any huge losses in my accounts.

His supporters, as stated by a huge amount of media outlets, are primarily working class people who are uneducated. They, I'm sure, do not invest in the markets and so would not be directly affected by market fluctuations due to Trump's election. They also seem to think that those of us who are middle class and who invest are "elite" in some way when we are not. I invest for my retirement, hoping to retire early. I don't want to mess with the system now that it has stablized under Obama. HRC wouldn't cause the fluctuations that Trump would in my investment accounts so she is getting my vote. IMO voting for my bottom line is "smart."

Unlike Trump thinks, as a black person who lives in the "inner city" I actually do not live in "hell." I don't want my teenage son stopped and frisked and his rights violated like Trump supports, my kids go to "good schools" and not bad schools. I'm not indicative of the negatives he sees of black people nor this woman's opinion. I can respect her opinion and disagree with her because I have reasons for my vote that she is not considering and that Trump doesn't seem to think that black people even know about.
Yea we know, Hillary works for Wall Street (her private position) and she works for the middle class (her public opinion).

Sure you'll lose money at first is Trump is elected but if you have dry powder or if you're in the accumulation phase you can buy on the dip and watch your value climb, unless of course you're fully invested. Or would you rather buy at above value?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies