Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:07 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times

Advertisements

I understand branh. I know there are 'reports' that instigators are bussed in from other areas to start trouble, break windows, etc. but it's probably more likely it's just local opportunists doing most of that (and often after a lot of the main protestors have left). BLM, as a movement, is largely not violent and not "rioting."

I do think there is evidence of very questionable police violence against black people, and I'm also concerned with how many police agencies look more like para-military outfits (especially when pursuing the War on Drugs).

I don't agree with much of this stuff though, from a political standpoint: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...r-demands.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 03:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
BLM is to blacks as KKK is to whites. Both claim to support the advancement of their respective race but do it in the worst possible way which worsens their case several times over.

There is a very very small percentage of whites that support KKK, most vehemently denounce them
Thats so true....on top of that KKK doesn't like many white people as they are more Neo Nazi's who were /are also white.

Can we agree that anyone who is not for all good life's matter are bad people!

Old 10-16-2016, 04:04 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I understand branh. I know there are 'reports' that instigators are bussed in from other areas to start trouble, break windows, etc. but it's probably more likely it's just local opportunists doing most of that (and often after a lot of the main protestors have left). BLM, as a movement, is largely not violent and not "rioting."

I do think there is evidence of very questionable police violence against black people, and I'm also concerned with how many police agencies look more like para-military outfits (especially when pursuing the War on Drugs).

I don't agree with much of this stuff though, from a political standpoint: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...r-demands.html
The entire BLM movement stands for racism as it doesn't want to discuss the poverty and wrong doing to many black people in areas where the government has given up on them aside from voting times when they need them.

People at colleges yelling BLM should be ashamed as it is all College life matter and not dividing people in groups as it is what they are doing and blaming everyone for everything.

There is wrong doing in all layers of society that needs to be solved and it starts at the top where Clinton's seem to be above the law.

Start with charging them like.any other person in society would be charged for the same wrong doing. Examples are set at the top!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Many of you don't seem to know what Black lives matter is about and I really wish you wouldn't speak on it. If I'm not educated on a topic, I'm not going to say anything about it. Some of you ought to do the same. Comparing BLM to the KKK is the most absurd thing I have read in a really long time.
Or, they do know what BLM is about and are educated, having watched and listened to all the audio/video and come to a different conclusion than you have.
It's one thing to write you are for a certain set of things but when your words and actual deeds show different?

That tends to negate what's written...

Old 10-17-2016, 01:31 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
When did BLM burn down an entire city?
Baltimore, Fergusson and Chicago. There was mas destruction of private and public property.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:42 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Right. Everyone who isn't racist should support BLM. It isn't some violent, terrible group and the message isn't that ONLY Black lives matter. From the very beginning, their message has been, "Black lives ALSO matter." Anyone who can think even a little bit should know this.
Baloney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8f5iWrzN0

Old 10-17-2016, 07:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Baltimore, Fergusson and Chicago. There was mas destruction of private and public property.

Except they didn't burn down those cities.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:37 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
Quote:
They did try to light a person on fire in Charlotte.

SHOCK VIDEO=> #Charlotte Rioters Try to Throw Photographer on Bonfire

Quote:
The second night of riots in Charlotte over the controversial police killing of an allegedly armed Black man, Keith Lamont Scott, saw protesters riot, loot, shoot a fellow protester and try to toss a photographer on to a small bonfire set in the road of Uptown Charlotte.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:38 PM

515 posts, read 624,573 times
Quote:
Progress?

Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Quote:
They're usually just protestors more or less.
Yeah, it's not that they would try to incite violence or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNxoeqf0Ws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies