Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you're mad because you want your candidate to be able to get away with what my candidate gets away with?

Ok. So you're willing to admit that Republicans care nothing about values, morality and the rule of law?
When did I say I want my candidate to get away with mishandling classified material and being a corrupt globalist and violate the rule of law, strawman? I never claimed Trump was highly moral or morality is the reason I would support him and not Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 05:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Conservatives brought it on themselves.

What? You thought we'd forget all about that family values nonsense and courting of the moral majority? No, we haven't. You guys welcomed the double standard and swore that you'd be able to withstand it.

I knew conservatives were a bunch of phonies right from the beginning, but i'm satisfied to let you hang yourselves.
Like I said in another thread: What's even more funny, is that most of the Republican party is/was so worked up that their wives or kids would be molested by a transgender in a bathroom, but stand behind a man that would do it simply because he wants a woman, and as a "star", can get away with it.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Because Nothing could be worse than hilLIARy clinton
Actually, someone could be worse than Hillary Clinton. That's why he probably won't win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Hey genius, Trump isn't a Christian conservative, and the conservatives aren't setting morality, politically correct or enforcing a double standard the liberals are.
Trump is a Republican though.

So if he joins that club, he's gotta be held to the same super high moral standard that Republicans claimed they could withstand with all that morals and values nonsense.

Sorry. Maybe he should've joined a different party, but he didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And you could say the same for Hillary.

Did you maybe have an actual point?
Yeah, i could, but i didn't.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:30 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
So you're mad because you want your candidate to be able to get away with what my candidate gets away with?

Ok. So you're willing to admit that Republicans care nothing about values, morality and the rule of law?
The mistake you are making is assuming all Conservatives are Christians and that all the people planning on voting for him are Conservatives.

Both assumptions are a false narrative.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
When did I say I want my candidate to get away with mishandling classified material and being a corrupt globalist and violate the rule of law, strawman? I never claimed Trump was highly moral or morality is the reason I would support him and not Hillary.
You're supporting Trump because he's not Hillary. I'm supporting Hillary because she's not Trump.

So we're even. You have no high ground to preach to me from.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:31 PM

It's not our job to protect gold diggers from far as anyone can tell consensual contact if any contact actually happened or from hearing a private "locker room" conversation. What we don't want is weirdos and wolves in sheep's clothing preying on innocent women and children in public restrooms, or to be globalized by corrupt Hillary.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
The mistake you are making is assuming all Conservatives are Christians and that all the people planning on voting for him are Conservatives.

Both assumptions are a false narrative.
Trust me, i already knew that Conservatives are a bunch of phony moralists and values voters. I've ALWAYS known that.

But Conservatives are by and large Republicans, and Trump is a Conservative Republican by virtue of him joining that party and becoming its nominee.

So i'm gonna hold him to the Pat Robertson standard....as i should.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You're supporting Trump because he's not Hillary. I'm supporting Hillary because she's not Trump.

Well whatever, relativism. I'm not supporting Hillary because she's communist and globalist and corrupt etc. I'm not trying to claim the high ground or preach to you anymore than you are to me. I'd just be happy if you got lost.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:35 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:

Mmmmm

Except for all the reasons you don't like Trump are based on things that he said.

All the reasons we don't like Hillary are based on things that she's actually done

Old 10-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
It's not our job to protect gold diggers from far as anyone can tell consensual contact if any contact actually happened or from hearing a private "locker room" conversation. What we don't want is weirdos and wolves in sheep's clothing preying on innocent women and children in public restrooms, or to be globalized by corrupt Hillary.
Protect gold diggers? Is that your hang up? LOL...maybe if you had some gold, you wouldn't be so disgruntled.
Quote:
Well whatever, relativism. I'm not supporting Hillary because she's communist and globalist and corrupt etc. I'm not trying to claim the high ground or preach to you anymore than you are to me. I'd just be happy if you got lost.
You'd be happy if i got lost? Happy?

Damn, you're letting me get in your head like that?

Must've been a bytch growing up without a good model. I'd NEVER let another person know that he was getting to me like that. Learned that one before i had hair on my chest. SMH...
Quote:
Mmmmm

Except for all the reasons you don't like Trump are based on things that he said.

All the reasons we don't like Hillary are based on things that she's actually done
I don't give a rip about anything Trump said. Nothing he's ever said bothers me.

I'm more concerned about what he hasn't said. I'm not voting for him because he's a cattle auctioneer and a clown. He's not a serious man, and i like serious men in the White House regardless of party. He doesn't pay taxes, brags about wealth that he doesn't have (he's most certainly not a billionaire....not even close), and has failed time after time in business. I'm not voting for a putative billionaire that puts his name on a brand of steaks, and couldn't find Moscow on a map. The man is barely a cut above an amusement park ride operator.

Sorry, but no dice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies