Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 02:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The Sky is Falling!

The Sky is Falling!

The Sky is Falling!
Lmao...and you're saying yours is a superior intellect. I'm fairly not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 06:30 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
And the asshattery has hit Michigan. This was tried in MA, and was a fail, hopefully the same results happen here.
An attempt at a wide sweeping assault weapons ban.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-HIB-5996.htm

Old 10-19-2016, 07:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And the asshattery has hit Michigan. This was tried in MA, and was a fail, hopefully the same results happen here.
An attempt at a wide sweeping assault weapons ban.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-HIB-5996.htm
Registration! Surprise inspections to make sure that the weapon is properly stored! Four years in prison for failure to comply! That'll stop the bad guys from murdering people!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:04 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Absolutely untrue in the case of Australia. They had a mass shooting in 1996, so they declared all semi-auto rifles and all semi-auto and pump shotguns illegal.
And since then, they haven't had shootings since then. The only difference is that they have a population of 20 million while we have a population of 325 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Five months later they held a gun buyback (confiscation program) backed by the threat of jail time for noncompliance. The government raised taxes to pay for the buyback, thus essentially "compensating" gun owners with money taken from their own pockets involuntarily.
Try taking guns from places like Texas. You bet it won't happen again.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:44 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Omg.
Nobody is going to take away your all's guns.
You all are just sounding crazy and paranoid any more.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Omg.
I'm not worried that anyone will come and take my guns, so you guys can stop with that strawman any day now and quit saying something isn't going to happen that no one is asserting will....

What I am worried about are "assault weapon" bans and that I may not have as many options to choose from tomorrow as I do today...

What I am worried about are assaults from the federal government on the Right-to-carry laws passed in several states, and that I may no longer have the right to defend myself once I leave my front door and go out in public.

What I am worried about is the erosion of our 5th Amendment right to due process is the government decides to take away someone's right to buy a gun based on secret lists kept by the government, also known as no fly lists...

What I am worried about are good intentioned but misguided background check laws that will serve to make it harder for an honest man or woman to get a gun and turn people in to criminals over paper violations, while doing nothing to stem the flow of illegal guns to criminals.

What I am worried about are over-zealous legislators looking to allow anti-gun groups to bankrupt the gun industry by holding them accountable for what criminals do with their otherwise legal products....

What I am worried about are insurance requirements for gun owners, tax hikes, and other schemes that are intended to make gun ownership unattainable and unaffordable to all but a wealthy few....

Now, if you want to have an intelligent discussion about any of those issues, I'd be more than happy to oblige. Otherwise, just stick to your textbook, one-liner, non-sequitur, talking points I guess.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
And since then, they (Australia) haven't had shootings since then.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash...rsity_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Hectorville_siege

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...b6fb0e2bbfdaac

Geoff Hunt who shot dead his wife and children had two guns removed from home | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-20-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm not worried that anyone will come and take my guns, so you guys can stop with that strawman any day now and quit saying something isn't going to happen that no one is asserting will....

What I am worried about are "assault weapon" bans and that I may not have as many options to choose from tomorrow as I do today...

What I am worried about are assaults from the federal government on the Right-to-carry laws passed in several states, and that I may no longer have the right to defend myself once I leave my front door and go out in public.

What I am worried about is the erosion of our 5th Amendment right to due process is the government decides to take away someone's right to buy a gun based on secret lists kept by the government, also known as no fly lists...

What I am worried about are good intentioned but misguided background check laws that will serve to make it harder for an honest man or woman to get a gun and turn people in to criminals over paper violations, while doing nothing to stem the flow of illegal guns to criminals.

What I am worried about are over-zealous legislators looking to allow anti-gun groups to bankrupt the gun industry by holding them accountable for what criminals do with their otherwise legal products....

What I am worried about are insurance requirements for gun owners, tax hikes, and other schemes that are intended to make gun ownership unattainable and unaffordable to all but a wealthy few....

Now, if you want to have an intelligent discussion about any of those issues, I'd be more than happy to oblige. Otherwise, just stick to your textbook, one-liner, non-sequitur, talking points I guess.
Every single gun control thread should start and end with a post like this. There are always so many pages of deflection and hyperbole in between, unfortunately. I guess the anti-gun folks are just trying to wear us down, so that's why I respond again and again to the same tired questions and accusations. We can't walk away and let them win.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:57 AM

603 posts, read 573,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I often hear people say "Hillary will destroy America!" One of the ways she will supposedly do this is by abolishing the Second Amendment. Could someone explain in detail how exactly she would go about doing that?
There are a few different avenues of attack:

1. Nominating hard left supreme court justices that will reinterpret the second amendment to apply only to the national guard.

2. Leave the actual text of the second amendment alone but use a combination of slow background checks, high taxes, ammunition access issues, etc to strip Americans of their ability to buy and use a gun despite it still being 'legal'.

Personally I think she will attack the American people on both fronts.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Omg.

Obviously , reading retention isn't your best thing is it ? No where in this thread has someone said "they are going to take your guns" , what they have said is the way politicians, particularly HRC will try to "regulate" the 2A out of existence. Which part of that is so hard to understand. This is already happening in at the state level. Same old anti gun rhetoric, ignore the facts and ridicule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies