Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:02 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Looks like Trump is wrong yet again but I don't expect him to release his tax returns.

Quote:
Warren E. Buffett is not running for president. But on Monday, Mr. Buffett, the billionaire investor, volunteered more detailed information about his income taxes than Donald J. Trump, the Republican nominee, ever has

Mr. Buffett released the information after essentially being called out by Mr. Trump during Sunday night’s presidential debate.
“Many of her friends took bigger deductions,” Mr. Trump said. “Warren Buffett took a massive deduction.”
Actually, he did not.

“I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944,” Mr. Buffett wrote in a letter released Monday.
“I have copies of all 72 of my returns,” Mr. Buffett added, “and none uses a carry forward,” the provision that allows taxpayers like Mr. Trump to use losses from one year to avoid paying personal federal income taxes both on some previous tax returns and in future years.
.................................................. ........................
Mr. Buffett made the same point. “I have been audited by the I.R.S. multiple times and am currently being audited,” he wrote in the letter. “I have no problem in releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/bu...=top-news&_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 06:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Did he actually release his full returns? Yes or no.

It appears to me that he did not release his returns. Am I wrong?

Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Warren Buffet just as Donald Trump just as almost every single millionaire/billionaire pay as little tax as legally possible.

Trump never stated that Buffet pays no taxes. What he said was that Buffet takes advantage of the same tax laws and loopholes that he an many other rich people do.

Now on the issue of releasing his tax returns, Trump played it all wrong. Rather than procrastinating to release them, he should have just come out and said "Releasing my personal income tax returns is not a legal requirement to become president therefore I will not be releasing them".

Its one thing if Trump was served in public office as a politician over the past years but he hasn't. He's a business man with many privately owned businesses.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
thread fail

Old 10-11-2016, 06:34 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Warren Buffet stumps for Hillary because they have worked it out that Hillary will not put in the pipeline to bring down oil..

Buffet owns the railroads that brings down the oil. He does not want Trump in because the pipeline will go in and create jobs FOR AMERICANS. Buffet cares about HIS bottom line . Buffet wants to keep making mega bucks bringing down the oil on his railroad. As if he needs more money. HA!

Buffet is no dummy He gave Hillary big bucks for this reason and goes out and campaigns for her.. Hillary is bought by Buffet and both could not care less about jobs for Americans. Hillary for the rich only!

Old 10-11-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

No he did not release his full return, he released the summary data.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Warren Buffet just as Donald Trump just as almost every single millionaire/billionaire pay as little tax as legally possible.

Trump never stated that Buffet pays no taxes. What he said was that Buffet takes advantage of the same tax laws and loopholes that he an many other rich people do.

Now on the issue of releasing his tax returns, Trump played it all wrong. Rather than procrastinating to release them, he should have just come out and said "Releasing my personal income tax returns is not a legal requirement to become president therefore I will not be releasing them".

Its one thing if Trump was served in public office as a politician over the past years but he hasn't. He's a business man with many privately owned businesses.
He did not take a carryover loss or deduction as Trump insinuated, he is pretty clear on the deductions he took and they are pretty straight forward. Trumps loss may have only been on paper. The bottom line is if Buffet can release his information then why can't Trump.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
With all the misdeeds of the clintons, trumps tax returns should be a non-issue.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

The proposition was Buffet would release if Trump released his returns. Trump has not, thus far, done so.

Buffet has 72 years of returns. None use carry forward.

Buffet's 2015 return is being audited.

What Buffet has done is released 2015 key figures, income, effective tax rate, taxes paid and total charitable contributions and contributions deducted.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:47 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Trump is wise not release his. Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies